View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ] 
GothicSauce

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 18 2010, 20:23 PM 

Player

Hin begin arriving in Khalem...refugees from the Isle of Amia. The Hin are well provisioned and offer their supplies freely to the natives.

~Anne Frank

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 18 2010, 21:55 PM 

Player

~
Some of the locals, Especially an old woman in a black dress, squints her eyes at these new arrivals in distrust. Are these new immigrants permanently staying, she wonders. Were they like the Nes'ek Lathanderites, or the Order knights that caused so much problems?
She would have to find out, But at this point she was anything but happy

~

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 18 2010, 22:28 PM 

Player

*As the exodus begins and the portals open, a red haired Hin that has been seen on occassion before this arrival seems to have taken charge of organizing the Hin families coming out of the portals. She looks to be getting the wagons and into a relatively organized caravan. Wether or not this means thy will move much further on from this location, however, is anyone's guess.

As the day wears on and more Hin come through to take command, the red head, being certain to bring a hastily thrown together gift basket full of fruit and cookies, makes her way to where the locals are. She introduces herself as Nina and wishes to speak with their leader in order to set up a meeting where both their leaders and Bendir Dale's could meet and discuss the reason for the sudden arrival of a town's worth of Hin, passing on the token of peace while she is at it.*

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 18 2010, 22:58 PM 

Player

::
Some of the Eternal Order members patrolling south towards Khalem Squirm and looks uneasy at the arrivals, Especially one with brightly cyan glowing eyes, that penetrate the darkness of his helmet.
::

/edited a little in light of new Info

Last edited by Mobile_Svensk on Thu, Nov 18 2010, 23:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 18 2010, 23:02 PM 

Player

// Khalem is the River area you access just south of Djedet, I think.

dayfer

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 19 2010, 7:51 AM 

Player

Pilineth steps through one of the portals, her dark hair blowing in the weather, her clothes clearly unsuited to a desert.

hendrack

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 19 2010, 17:08 PM 

Player

A warrior in golden plate and bearing a falcon shaped helmet doesn't seem too concerned when he visits the Khalem, but he would be highly irritated should he see members of the Eternal Order patrolling his own desert south of Hasrabet.

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 21 2010, 18:11 PM 

Player

*the Hin set up temporary camps around the edges of the streams. They tend the land and aid the natives in any efforts that are required. They are well provisioned and offer excess to any natives that ask*

~Anne Frank

hendrack

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 21 2010, 18:26 PM 

Player

A hin in desert garb frequently visits the Khalem to look after her distant related kin. She brings fruits from the merchants of Djedet and the oasis caravan. For those hin interested in her tales, she speaks of Mulhorand. She explains the Solarium of Skuld, the gods of Mulhorand and the caste system. She puts much emphasis on the mulan concept of maat: justice, honor, order and righteousnes.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 22 2010, 3:37 AM 

Player

Though currently engaged in Military campaigns in Unther, Tauronemhet is made aware of the situation in the Khalem.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 24 2010, 3:26 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*A small War Knight camp is established outside the Bendir Dale refugee postion. Immediatly patrols are organised to partol Khalem postion. Any clerics of the Muhlrondi gods coming to preach to the hin are politely turned away, most espically those of Anhur. (Basically NPC clerics).*

//If possible this would include NPC sentinals recovered from the defence of the Quagmire Temple.

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 24 2010, 7:58 AM 

Player

*Toby frowned seeing the camp of Tallers so close to the caravans*
"Well don' 'at beat all... jus' when I was abou' ta offer me services as a caravan protector, tallers show up an' steal the position"

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:33 AM 

Player

A rather severe letter is addressed to the Hin, delivered by a wire thin youth just approaching age.

Em-Hotep Folk of Bendir Dale,

If we had known you would bring vagrant soldiery unto our lands, they who did not seek permission, that would turn away the rightful people of the Khalem river delta we would not have been so forthright in allowing you the privledge of sanctuary upon the Holy Sands of Mulhorand.

We would advise you reconsider the enroachment of the War Knights upon our territories. Such trespasse and offence shall not be tolerated by those taking succour within the borders of the Empire. If you wish to retain the services of the War Knight faction of Amia then we request you immediately withdraw to the encampment of Hasrabet.

Our principle has explained the 'Maat' to your peoples, or attempted to, you do your race and the folk of Amia a disservice by dishonouring our favor in such a manner.

The House of Osirant
Speaker for the Pharoah, May he live forever.
Djedet

The letter is only delivered to Hin and a copy is also delivered to those who remain in Bendir Dale.

//pruned the OOC between me and selvec and made it entirely IC.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:29 AM 

Player

*Nina emerges from a portal near Djedet, and goes looking for a speaker for the House of Osirant asking them to come with her before proceeding to Khalem to get to the bottom of what this sudden news is all about*

//Care to get together?

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:43 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*The War Knight "camp" turns out to be a firepit with a few stools around it, which is mostly empty when no War Knights are present. The few knights around seem to have come with a hin who wears a pack on his back, and another hin who is dressed in War Knight colours. The only people turned away by the War Knights are those who have clearly come to preach in the Hin's encampment. A copy of Calin's order's to the War Knights can be found on a piece of paper in their camp. It reads

"Turn away any clerics or preachers come to the hin camp, defend them against any hostile enemies until I meet with either Lyam or his Wife about what they wish us to do. Everyone else can do what they want.

-Signed
Warlord Calin Katar."

To the casual observer it's quite obvious the setup is very makeshift, and certainly temporary.

//I'm available after my exam tomorrow and from then onwards, if this meet is to include me. This post is to reflect the quick thing we did with Toby showing us around.

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:55 PM 

Player

The Speaker for House Osirant, after being informed of the Hin' asking about him, would defer to one Ramas Ahnklab the ranking member of the House upon Khem. A short statement is made however to all and sundry:

Em-Hotep to the refugees and others,

It is our wish that open discourse be made so no confusion leads to rash decisions on the part of any party. We would remind those loyal to the Tempuran faith that the followers of Anhur have been barred from service in the lands of Khem and that we have no interest in the affairs of the Bendir Folk aslong as they observe the rule of 'Maat'.

We do not seek to better the Bendir Folks lives by taking them into our service, to allay your fears, we are not, after all, the Red Scourge indeed we oppose them wheresoever we find them. Few amongst the halfling race would take well to the demands of service amongst the people of Khem.

Nor do we seek conflict with the children of Tempus, however, the dishonor shown by barring the leaders of our lands from speaking with the interlopers cannot continue in any form. By stopping the priest-hood, you deny our people the divine right of diplomacy with those who are guests upon our sands. This unwitting attack on the 'Maat' can be plead down to ignorance, but that ignorance is as fleeting as a sand devil and as solid as quickening sand. In denying the priest-hood you offend the entirety of Khems people.

House of Osirant
Speaker for the Pharoah, May he live forever
Djedet

- - -

It would be noted that the longer the Tempurans continue to turn away the Clergy of the House of Osirant and the House of Helcaliant the colder and more distance the locals of the Khalem become. Merchants cease bartering, field-workers no longer acknowledge the Bendir-Folk and the people themselves seem to become more and more agitated.

// That last needs DM approval, it is however 100 percent accurate lore-wise which i can expand upon in a different thread. If you guys want to organise a meeting you will have to go through hendrack the only reason I'm getting involved is to facilitate some more canon and hardcore roleplay. I love this part of the server and I'm enjoying it getting some attention

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 24 2010, 17:52 PM 

Player

*Upon reading the letter an immediate update of orders is given, and the War Knights would stop turning away anyone except those of an obviously hostile nature. They seem content to sit on their asses, nursing drink, food and blade they have brung for themselves, possibly complaining about the heat and sun. Their camp moves significantly further from the Hin Encampment however, as if to distance any negative effect of their actions.*

hendrack

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 25 2010, 17:33 PM 

Player

A simple papyrus note is delivered to the refugees and the War Knight 'camp'.

I will visit the Khalem soon to remove any misunderstandings between our people and to discuss the nature of your stay. Please arrange for a representative of the hin folk and the War Knights to be present.

Ramas Ankhalab

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 28 2010, 10:52 AM 

Player

*With a recent meeting sorted the War Knights move into the Bendir Camp and can be seen at times guarding the camp. They seem particularly wary of the River and the Sebak temple.*

//Just a side note, if their is a hin camp in designing, please add some War Knight NPC guards to it, as hopefully if such goes in Calin will have the numbers of how many he is allowed.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 29 2010, 3:30 AM 

Player

*Nina looks notably relieved for a couple of days following the meeting. At least the Desert camp is relatively safe for the time being. Allies have come to help and the possibility for making new allies was high. While she hoped that things in the Dale worked out, she was beginning to think that maybe this place wasn't too terrible and that perhaps those Hin of Bendir Dale, a breed of the settling sort, could find a home here.*

hendrack

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 29 2010, 21:52 PM 

Player

A papyrus letter is sent to the officer of Djedet and the content is made known among the populace of Djedet and the Khalem through papyrus notes.

Regarding the refugees in the Khalem, House Osirant decrees as follows:

The great Empire of Mulhorand grants sanctuary to the hin people of Bendir Dale in the Khalem as long as the safety of Bendir Dale is not assured. These guests from the West have been educated on the principles of maat and the authority of the clergy of the god-pharaohs.

I ask for mutual respect, trade and friendship from our guests as well from the servants of Mulhorand and you are encouraged to work together and reap the best harvest Isis has ever witnessed in the Khalem.

A small detachment of War Knights and Bendir Militiamen has been granted stay as guard force for the Bendir civilians. They are not to leave the Khalem, do not patrol the surrounding areas, do not take part in any campaign outside the Khalem and only move between the Khalem and the portal in Nes'ek. Those militiamen will only ensure the safety of the Bendir civilians from bandits and desert predators and will not enfore any local or foreign law. They are expected to not interfere with the clergy.

Ramas Ankhalab

A small paragraph is included in the letter for the officer of Djedet's eyes only.

House Osirant still has to counsel on how many of the respective guard forces we will allow in hindsight to the strategic location of the Khalem. I expect word from honoured Tauronemhet and will keep you informed.

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 30 2010, 20:56 PM 

Player

*Tak Rosen, a member of the Bendir Dale council, is seen about the camp. He can be heard telling all the folk to adhere to the rules of the land and to be graciouse guests while they are in these new lands*

~Anne Frank

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 30 2010, 21:34 PM 

Player

*Calin would give Tak a few glares, but leave him to do his own thing*

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 06 2010, 16:29 PM 

Player

//the camp is officialy in the mod

~Anne Frank

Grymia

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 06 2010, 16:56 PM 

Player

A fairly tall , Blonde female Mulhorandi with some hints of Cormyrian in her introduces herself as Clenalia Kusama, and offers Cheese and Milk if desired to their camp.

((I apologize I don't bring her in game as much, but she would be offering. If anyone'd accept, we can set a time up and Clenclen can give a bunch of cheese and Butter))

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 06 2010, 17:30 PM 

Player

On one afternoon, a man encased in gleaming plate and carrying a tower shield stopped by the camp of the War Knights. The symbol of the Red Knight was clearly emblazoned on both his cloak and shield, his attire holding shades of white, red and gold.

He stopped only briefly, long enough to ask the whereabouts of the Warlord and to ask that should they see him first, to tell him that Mathias Taern was still looking for him.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 07 2010, 1:33 AM 

Player

*Mathias would be informed that Calin could be found in Endir Point, or Ceyrens Mill. He would also be warned of the danger in going to Ceyren's Mill, due to the War going on there.*

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 08 2010, 15:45 PM 

Player

Grymia wrote:
A fairly tall , Blonde female Mulhorandi with some hints of Cormyrian in her introduces herself as Clenalia Kusama, and offers Cheese and Milk if desired to their camp.

*The offer is graciously accepted and Hin wares are offered in return...mainly apple pies.*

*Tak Rosan, the Bendir Dale Council member staying in Khalem has been asking the locals some questions about the area*

I wonder about the stone platform just to the south of our camp? What is its purpose?

The Shrine across the river...who is it to? We have stayed away..out of respect to our neighbors...but you know Hin. *chuckles* Only a matter of time until a young one goes...er..exploring.

~Anne Frank

dayfer

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 08 2010, 20:08 PM 

Player

*Pilineth would be seen standing nearbye the camp, though outside of civilised areas, overlooking it, bow in hand, if approached she would simply nod and return to looking over the encampment*

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 08 2010, 23:12 PM 

Player

The answers to Tak's questions about the ruins, from any amongst the commoners, would be a shake of the head and a warding sign against evil. Furthermore true horror stories about Crocodile attacks and Raids by Warschools of the Children of Sekolah all along the banks of the Khalem are circulated to the War Knights and to the Bendir Hin.

Stories of Quickening sand and furious sand storms, of Asabi raids and the Walking Dead also seem to pass slowly onto the Hin Folk. Indeed these stories are related with morose humour by the peoples of the Khalem. A common saying in regards to the guests amongst the Mulhorandi is "Out of the dry well and into the salted one"

garzgoyle

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 09 2010, 18:23 PM 

Player

Lyam Thornhill, co-captain of the Bendir Irregulars, would be a familiar sight amongts his fellow hin in the Khalem, seeming to split his time between the camp and thier beloved Dale. While not only merely checking in on the well being of the camp, Lyam could also be seen making conversation with the locals, "getting to know the folks" so to speak. Overtures would be made to the locals for the assistance of many idle hin hands willing to do honest work in tending the land and other trade skills. Hin farmers, brewers, millers, cooks and other trades would be burning with hin curiosity at how things are done in the Khalem and with a good natured willingness to share in thier own ways. A particular interest in local cuisine and brewing techniques would push its way forward, perhaps in an exchange of recipe's and dishes.
Hearing some of the questions and bubbling curiosity of the Temple across the river, Lyam would spread warning to his fellow hin to keep a distance on fear of arousing were-crocodiles and other nasties.
Those who know him well would note a bit of weight loss, a bit more of a reserve in conversation, and the fact that he just looks tired.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 10 2010, 1:34 AM 

Player

*The War Knights don't seem to phased. Apperently years of dealing with various types of adventurers that came through the quagmires, and the yaun-ti, have steeled their resolve against threats. Extra patrols are scheduled near the rivers edge however, and groups of two are sent out at night.

A few extra campfires are lit around the encampment also, to ward off enemies. Calin's tent can be seen in front of the encampment occasionally. Proving he is personally taking reports from the gaurds, and guarding the camp.*

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 19 2010, 17:06 PM 

Player

The Hin are in an upheaval...a young hin lad disappeared near the river...a gathering of Hin begins. evidence points to a crocodile...or man...that took him. The Hin eye the temple to Sebek

//gathering about one hour from this post

~Anne Frank

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 19 2010, 17:10 PM 

Tester

// Its actually a temple to the "good" mulhorandi if i am correct in my asumption what you are talking about. Its called "temple of the eight gods" Set and Sebek are excluded

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 19 2010, 17:44 PM 

Player

GreatPigeon wrote:
// Its actually a temple to the "good" mulhorandi if i am correct in my asumption what you are talking about. Its called "temple of the eight gods" Set and Sebek are excluded

//In the Khelam, there is a shrine to Sebek..even has a holy Crocodile.

*the Hin begin to gather*

~Anne Frank

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:01 AM 

Player

*The War Knights, restricted in there movements by those of Djidet, can do nothing but increase their guards and patrols. If asked to join in, they would reply that the agreement allowing them to be here prevents them from enforcing their will on the greater Khalem area. They would suggest that the hin speak to Lyam and his wife about it, as they know the details.*

//Bugger, I didn't see this. Sorry. Was a bit late notice <_<

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 21 2010, 15:44 PM 

Player

After the group sent out to find the lad returned, the camp settled down.

Many a happy hin song can be heard over the next few days. The return of the young one, the second Obelisk falling in Warftown, and the aid the locals gave in finding the lost lad...all lifted the spirits of the Dale folk.

Some questions were left...Tak Rosen can be seen looking for answers.
    -Why were there more Croc's in the river?
    -What happened to the huge reptilion creature? Lyle was see leaving with it.
    -Where did all the hin come from that were found dead along the way? They were not from the camp..that was for certain.

~Anne Frank

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 02 2011, 19:11 PM 

Player

A large amount of wagons can be seen being emptied in the Camp. Word is sent to the locals that a group of Hin would like access to some of the nearby holy sites..to retrieve fallen hin bodies.

A cleric, named as Ramas, is given as reference.

~Anne Frank

hendrack

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 06 2011, 10:30 AM 

Player

Ramas sends word to the Bendir camp in the Khalem to meet him and retrieve the fallen hin at the next opportunity.

// I am up for doing this ingame with Bendir PCs, otherwise Ramas gives his sanctus for the NPC hins to retrieve the bodies, even from the temple.

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 07 2011, 20:14 PM 

Player

*activity in the camp escalates...the Hin are returning home. They offer their surplus goods to the locals and many a Pie is handed out.*

~Anne Frank

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 08 2011, 9:33 AM 

Player

*War Knights double guard, and spread out more on edge then in the past. They also seem to be more present, since they have been relieved from Ceyrens Mill.*

hendrack

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 09 2011, 15:30 PM 

Player

The War Knights are politely informed by the priest of Osiris to break down their camps and leave the Khalem north to Hasrabet once the hin folk has departed safely.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 10 2011, 1:37 AM 

Player

Many a Blistered War Knight would leave with great happiness. Not really wanting to stay in the horrible desert any longer as it is.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]