View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Simeron

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 19 2011, 16:40 PM 

Player

(Written in M)

Blessings of the Justified One to you Ankh Udja Seneb, Arbitrator Tauronemhet, House of Osirant,

While fulfilling my duties in Wharftown you have assigned me, I came upon a Mulan woman that was badly scarred and missing an eye. She was in the company of a male human, male hin and female elf I believe. She acted timid, unlike most of our women outside our lands so I stopped and questioned her.

Her name is Kai'la and I found out she was a slave that survived the destruction of her house. She has been living outside of our lands for quite some time. Her father was her master and he wrongfully abused and mistreated her for the simple fact she was female and not male. She endured this until the destruction of her home.

Her fear of being placed back into slavery should she return to our lands had made her quite timid. Like a tame house cat rather then a lioness of our people. She seemed shamed and meek. As it is the realm of the gods to decide to give us male or female children, or children at all, I could find no fault where she should have been beaten and abused in this manner. Is it not wrong for a master to abuse a slave wrongfully?

Her companions also sought to protect her and her freedom. They gave good testament to her honor. The fear of returning to such an abusive master seemed to have been a far worse imprisonment then the shackles she may have worn before. It made her timid and not as we should be as a people before others outside our land.

So I gave her a writ of freedom and signed it. If I need to give compensation to someone for this, please tell me the amount and I shall do so. But given her master and house are gone, I am unsure if even such a writ was needed. But it did serve to give her some measure of pride back so that she felt she too could return home as I have and therefore, I believe it was right before Osiris and within our laws.

If I am in error, I beg your forgiveness.

AkhenOsiris Amon Khu
Priest of Osiris
House of Osirant

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 20 2011, 5:20 AM 

Player

Em-Hotep AkhenHorus

We find it quite odd that a Woman, even a slave would suffer abuse at the hands of any of the Great Houses, and must suggest caution in dealing with her. As you will come to learn, the mistreatment of a Slave who is owned by the Church which purchased them is an affront to that Church. Beating a slave unjustly is a perversion of the righteous laws of the House of Osirant, and we have a personal distaste for how slaves, commoners and serfs are treated by the west and the younger Kingdoms.

Given we do not known which of the Houses Minor or Cults owned her originally the justification for the writ is sound, though further examination of the case may be warranted so that righteous justice may fall upon those who pervert the will of the Whitecrown.

Ahnk Udja Seneb

Arbitrator Tauronemhet
House Osirant

Simeron

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 20 2011, 16:16 PM 

Player

(Written in M)

Em-Hotep Ahnk Udja Seneb, Lord Arbitrator Tauronemhet, House Osirant

I was with a woman of our people in the Dale when I overheard people near the carts arguing. It has become common these days sadly but, I heard other more disturbing news of slavers being discussed and information posted that I felt I should report to you.

a detailed description is given

AkhenOsiris Amon Khu
Priest of Osiris
House of Osirant

Simeron

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 21 2011, 20:20 PM 

Player

(Written in M)

Em-Hotep Ahnk Udja Seneb, Lord Arbitrator Tauronemhet, House Osirant,

Meskehenet Chalthoum is the woman of our people I was with in the Dale. She has become lost as I once was from our people. She has taken up residence in Wharftown and I seek permission to bring her to the meeting of our people you have called the faithful to attend. I believe it would be a fitting homecoming for one of our sisters.

I will place my own honor before you that she honors our ways and our gods.

AkhenOsiris Amon Khu
Priest of Osiris
House of Osirant

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 22 2011, 5:54 AM 

Player

Em-Hotep Amon Khu

Bring any of the God-Kings people that you will.

Ankh Udja Seneb

Arbitrator Tauronemhet
House Osirant

Simeron

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 28 2011, 15:40 PM 

Player

[A letter is left with one of the guard for the Lord Arbitrator]

Em-Hotep Ahnk Udja Seneb, Lord Arbitrator Tauronemhet, House Osirant,

I have left a message for the Lord Mayor of the Dale but have yet to receive an audience. I will continue my efforts to contact him.

I performed a ceremony of Justification and Cleansing on the body of a vile pale master and blackguard that was slain in Kohlingen. It appears that he was in the company of Mind Flayers and other underdark minions or creatures and had attacked a pair of women, one of them his wife or lover. He had been slain in the battle once they appeared inside the city. Exactly how I am not sure. Ms. Zelly was with the women, including a Knight when a commanding Knight came up. In the end, the body was taken outside to be burned to ash. An undead spirit was released from a guantlet or the persons skeletal arm which, during my prayers, was banished by Lord Osiris's power. As the body was purified with holy flame, screams of demonic sounds could be hear that slowly faded as the body was destroyed.

The ash was spread over the sea and the land was purified and consecrated to give life back to it and remove any and all taint of vile darkness. Nebt Meskehenet Chalthoum was in attendance along with the juinor Knight, Nebt Kalia who was the wife or lover in question, Ms. Zelly herself and one other woman that appeared to be an archer (I forget her name, started with a C, Ced wouldn't).

I spoke briefly with Ms. Zelly and informed her that Nebt Asiya would be the Emissary to Copper Industries and should be contacting her shortly along with mentioning our search for Thoth followers.

Also, our ways have come under attack recently from one named Lyric, specifically our owning of slaves. He appears to be a Malarite that has caused a stir in many of the cities of the island. There were some fighting in the Malarite forest stronghold reported where he was involved. Now he has begun posting against us and our long practiced ownership of slaves. It has drawn the attention of the Cordor authorities and so, I have informed you thinking a statement of our official policy about this would be well timed now. Also, a statement about our support of the Hin of the Dale against the slavers would also be well timed I believe.

I have attempted to respond to the slave issue notices by Lyric but feel an official declaration would be in order as quickly as possible to stop this fire from getting out of control. Better we put out the campfire or control it then allow it to spread to our fertile fields.

(He includes the note posted by the Lt. and the responses he has made along with the others.)

(Included is a copy of the letter he sent to the Lord Mayor)

AkhenOsiris Amon Khu
Priest of Osiris
House of Osirant

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 01 2011, 3:03 AM 

Player

Em-Hotep the Lost One

With regards to the one named Lyric, he is beneath our concern, making poor show at disruption of the alliances we are attempting to cultivate amongst the Triumvira. Concern yourself no longer with that Male unless he becomes a direct threat to the people of the God-Kings.

I will have many things drawn up in the coming days.

Ankh Udja Seneb!

The Arbitrator.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]