View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2011, 20:26 PM 

Tester

*Another official posting is put up in Djedet*

It has been revealed that the laws of our city are not all encompassing and must be updated in order to stop the tirade of outsiders abusing our markets and threatening the well-being our our honored citizens.

It is your duty as a citizen to list the laws you wish to be adopted by our city. It shall occur thusly.

You must inscribe the law you wish to be adopted upon Papyrus and drop it into the Vase Below. At the following Assembly the Law must receive at least 3 votes yes in order to be sent to the the last phase. The final phase is a town-wide vote wherein 70 percent of the peoples must choose to vote, this vote is open to citizens, even those who are not up-to-date on their tithe.

The current laws outlaw assault, theft, murder and weapons being brandished in the city limit.

Consequences need not be listed at this time. For consequences are above the realm of mob opinion and the newly elected counsel will then vote in the upcoming cycles.

The laws in question shall be as this if approved by the Shemsu Assembly

The jurisdiction of the Township of Djedet shall extend into the South into the Khalem as well as the West into the “Lost River” Region and including the Temple of the Eight.

The authority of the militia is absolute and their determination shall override any rules stated herein.

The Township of Djedet is a peaceful and prosperous one; those who meet a category below are hereby banned from the Township.
[*]Those of Demonic or Devilish Descent
[*]Those of Monstrous Husbandry, be you kobold, goblin, ogre or the likes.
[*]Those who pursue and use necromancy, summon or defile the dead.
[*]Those whose lineage is traced to Chromatic Dragon Kin
[*]Those Drow who are members of the Lolthite Houses
[*]Those who align themselves with followers of, or worship Evil Deities
[*]Those who are known to be criminals as branded by the Township for past acts against it or its allies.

These Laws are henceforth enacted to encourage the proper conduct

Weapons are to be stowed in their proper fashion; blades sheathed, bowstrings unhooked, and staves powers inactivated. Unless person is a guard.
[*]Assualt against any person is forbidden. Assault will vary depending on degree of damage inflected and the peoples status involved in the act.
[*]Theft or possession of stolen goods is grounds for punishment
[*]The selling of ones services of loins and flesh shall be henceforth outlawed.
[*]The harvest of crops in the Khalem region shall be restricted to the peoples of Mulhorand Descent and those they have charged to work for them or those with express permission.
[*]The use of techniques to disguise oneself or hide, be that magic, shapeshifting, shadowdancing, or through use of shadows is outlawed.
[*]All persons must remove their helmet and any additional face coverings while in the area protected by the Township If asked by a member of guard to do so.

The laws below shall apply to slaves or those who have been given charge of slaves.
[*]All peoples of the Slave Caste, belong solely to the temples, they may be leased, not owned by others.
[*]One must treat their leased slave with respect. One must not beat without offense or withhold food from said Slave. [*]Proper Shelter and clothing will be provided for the slave or the Leaser will be considered in offense.

The customs of Djedet and the Mulhorand people will be respected and conformed to by visitors to the Township. These include but are not limited to the items listed below.
[*]Respect shall be paid to priests who are denoted with three-circles across their forehead.
[*]Slaves will be tolerated, but only those owned by the temples. Outsiders slaves will be confiscated and freed.
[*]Cattle are not to be slaughtered for their meat except in a ritual overseen by clergy, or it will be considered unclean.

For those skilled in the art of summoning or have companions of non-sentient status these laws shall apply.
[*]Only creatures of good intent and smaller than a human are allowed inside Djedet.
[*]All creatures of dark summoning are malicious intent are barred from all lands around Djedet.
[*]All actions taken by the creature will result in punishment of its master.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Simeron

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2011, 21:00 PM 

Player

*Dropped in vase by Thakar*

Law 1: That all persons must show their face when traveling within the area protected the the guards.

Suggestion:

Violations of this will face immediate expulsion for first offense. Fine and expulsion second offense. Jailed, fined and expulsion on third offense or more.

Law 2: That proper respect of our customs and traditions be enforced to any visitor.

Suggestion:

Violations of this will face immediate expulsion or worse depending upon the insult suffered and a suitable reparation be made to the insulted person.

Last edited by Simeron on Wed, Nov 30 2011, 22:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2011, 22:04 PM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

*dropped in the vase, written in crisp hieroglyphs*

Proper respect paid to priests as per the Mulhorandi traditions: one must bow to an approaching priest or are permitted to turn away so as to not hinder them on their business, eyes should be lowered respectfully. When a female priestess is greeting a male, she must defer to him and show respect.

Our society is steeped in tradition and status means much, it is also patriarchal. Our every day activities should reflect this.

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Proletariat

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2011, 8:34 AM 

Player

Soon after he drops his papyrus into the council vase, Dios adds his own law suggestions, each on seperate pieces of papyrus, each written in hieroglyphic Mulhorandi.

Cattle are not to be slaughtered for their meat except during ritual overseen by clergy, or it will be considered unclean, and a waste of food.

The harvest of crops along the banks of the Khalem by foreigners is to be forbidden. The exception to this being slaves and workers under command of the Mulhorandi.

Foreigners who sell the service of their loins and flesh in Djedet should be punished. Foreigners who spread the worship of foreign and false idols in Djedet should be punished. The suggested punishment for these is death by stoning.

Those who spread the worship of Set should be subject to punishment decreed by the highest priest available.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2011, 18:19 PM 

Tester

Obey the word of the guards

Persons of chromatic or monstrous birth are not admitted. The same barring shall extend to drow and any other individual listed as an enemy of the populace.

Helmets and face coverings are to be removed upon entry into the township.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2011, 19:00 PM 

Player

*after some consideration, 'Tari adds a few to her submission*

Persons of obvious fiendish heritage are not permitted to enter the gates.

Known persons of evil disposition (blackguards) and known defilers of the dead (necromancers) are banned from the township.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 04 2011, 17:17 PM 

Tester

*New writings are added above the Vase*

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 04 2011, 19:57 PM 

Player

Kobolds and Goblins are to be killed on sight.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2011, 11:58 AM 

Player

The Elder Council and the Khalil of the Khalem valley begin muttering darkly as the Mulhorandi throw their weight around without consulting Council or Khalil. Guard Qeb and Guard Gyasi rumble their displeasure at the additional rules. Azizi is particularly unhappy and rumours abound that he is looking to relocate to the Anari Oasis.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2011, 21:20 PM 

Player

//Some clarification is required: Are these proposed rules or actual enforced rules? Question is asked as it looks like there is a disconnect in who actually makes laws.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2011, 21:24 PM 

Player

((I'm not a Djedet person but I've asked about this to Dios ICly and they assumed since it passed, it's effective right now.

Under "A Review Of Suggested Laws for the Township", it says "Unanimous. Approved after much discussion. Few passages changed and things clarified."))

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2011, 21:38 PM 

Player

//Pigeon is really the only one with that answer Dusty, we've been treating it as passed, but have not been overly stringent in anything but asking for helmets to be removed (our newly proposed law, voted in) and weapons stowed (which this is already posted as law). I am going to hazard a guess that though we voted in these laws, they are not going to be "Official" until we, or Mahir, have/has taken them to the proper authorities for ratifying. Some of the "laws" voted in are only clarifications of current laws though, so any PCs traveling through Djedet should make themselves aware of those current laws as we will be asking they be obeyed, like Bendir, Like Cordor, Like Kohlingen, like Winya... etc.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2011, 21:44 PM 

Player

//Just so long as protocol isn't skipped. I made a LG desert person recently (Mosh talked me into it ^^) so I have been paying attention more to this region and the law stuff and it looks like a few steps were skipped to make this list officially enforced.

Just wanted some clarification and such before RPing about them one way or another.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2011, 21:46 PM 

Player

//No Problem, hope it was correct information and was helpful.

Simeron

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2011, 22:31 PM 

Player

//last I heard during that 4.5 hour 2 reset meeting....that kinda got fuzzy...admittedly....is that these were passed by the Mulan and we are in the process of upgrading the town, increasing the guards and are beginning to enforce them as law.

We have not hear from the homeland officially so far as I know. And given Mosh's post..these may be overruled...changed or what have you.

But I know when I log in Thakar...he is trying to enforce these laws.

Krugan also has talked to Kurchin about trying to get cooking supplies to him as he is not "banned" from the area....so...there it is.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 14 2011, 4:20 AM 

Tester

/// This was product of RP that was not knowledgeable about the elder council. Which we attempted to find who was in charge and mosh who is only person that apparently knew about this council was not around. We need an official DM ruling to decide to go forward with it or to delete it and assume it didnt happen because of the RP gap with lack of information.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 6:57 AM 

Player

MoshingChris wrote:
The Elder Council and the Khalil of the Khalem valley begin muttering darkly as the Mulhorandi throw their weight around without consulting Council or Khalil. Guard Qeb and Guard Gyasi rumble their displeasure at the additional rules. Azizi is particularly unhappy and rumours abound that he is looking to relocate to the Anari Oasis.

//This is your point of reference. Address RP through this point of reference. You've enacted the laws which is fine, but now you need to react to the fallout from it.

Simeron

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 14:32 PM 

Player

MoshingChris wrote:

Thakar would look to the two guards, questioning why they are grumbling when no one is really around in the hopes they will speak freely (as he is not a priest but a soldier).

He will also talk with Azizi asking why he would want to move when he will get quite wealthy selling armor and weapons to the additional guards and get more business as the town becomes stronger and safer for caravans and travelers alike.

As for the council, he will leave that to the priests and the leadership.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 21:35 PM 

Player

Qeb and Gyasi remain silent.

Azizi on the other-hand is voiceferous and annoyed that the Mulhorandi would seek to place limitations on those he can trade with. Statments such as "Goblins and Kobolds done less to harm us than the fey folk" or "Why bar a Goblin when not a tenday ago one of you Mulhorandi was killed at the gates by a human?" and "The Khalil are refusing to sell to me now that the Mulhorandi have claimed the fields as their own".

Many of the merchants in the town seem to be nodding their heads in agreement especially at arguments regarding the absorbtion of the Khalem River Valley.

The Khalil, those industrious folk of the River Valley, begin to strike, free-hold farmers refusing to work the fertile plains more than needed to feed themselves. Mulhorandi that enter the river valley are eyed harshly with none of the former respect they had earned from those people. Scythes are held with white knuckled grip, and hands go to sickle, plow or belt knife when the people of the God-kings pass.

The Elder council remains as yet silent on the issue.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 22:09 PM 

Player

Talyne diligently, or perhaps obliviously, continues to produce as much food as she can for the town in the fields, though a lone druid can only do so much. Not understanding the hostility in the slightest, she remains mute, her eyes downcast as she tries to avoid a confrontation.

Remal

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 16 2011, 0:10 AM 

Player

Kala wouldn't comment on the decisions, though she would probably be a little irked at increased entry restrictions. As she would go to buy food supplies for her favourite apple pies, she would notice Talyne and offer her a hand if she wished so, at least in providing some physical labor.

Simeron

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 16 2011, 1:04 AM 

Player

Thakar would urge the two guards to speak to him freely, saying that they would be given new shelter so they would not have to sleep under the sky unless they wished it. Saying again, he is a soldier, not a priest and understands better the way of the warrior.

For the merchants, he again says how this will make the roads safer, which will bring more trade. That there are nature priests coming to increase and help the farmers, such as the one he serves. That a stronger town and guard that the Mulan are bringing will increase the prosperity. That the fact one of their priest was struck down is evidence of the danger they are in from such people. That the Honored Ones protect us and are willing to die for us is a sign of their desires to do so.

He will site that if this human would strike down a powerful priest of the Eight Gods, what would he to do a merchant or worse, a child of the township?

This is clearly why these measures must be taken. To keep such rabble out. He will also state that when this man if found, he will be dealt with fairly but surely.

Lastly, he will report to Mahir all he is encountering.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]