View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 22:00 PM 

Tester

*A letter arrives to the Council, Azizi, the Khalil and Guards*
*OOC: Do not post here if you are not a DM to answer these, they are not made public unless stated*

To the Honorable Merchant Azizi,
To be passed amongst the assembled other merchants,
In the name of Peace and Prosperity,

The rumors run tireless through the streets about your dissent good merchants. The other who killed a Priest might very well have been one of you, your slaves, or your beloved ones. The argument I have heard is that of the limitation of nefarious persons brings a loss of profits to your businesses. I counter this and offer compromise on a few points.

I ask to know to what degree. Many do not trade with the town but merely pass through. Those who do come to the town who would not have been turned away by well trained guards, those who are so far from the Ma'at, or of despicable heritage account for a minute portion of your proceeds.

Merchants traditionally pay taxes. The taxes are established in exchange for the merchant providing a service while appreciating the walls and safety that civilization offers. As the Sekhry I have authority and duty to protect the establishment all therein. Thus I offer this as a proposal. By moving yourself to the Oasis, you put yourself at a higher risk of danger. It is far removed from defenses. I cite the recent attack on it by the Asabi.

If to stay in Djedet your taxes, which unlike any society's merchants, have been waived - will continue to be so. The small lack of business as your argument as been thus made is to provide a greater safety and stability. If these peoples continue to use the settlement, these nefarious individuals it will drive the clean of heart and pure of soul away. Which entail a larger majority of your profits.

This said, I invite a representative of your collective entity to meet with me and a selection of named others to speak on behalf of these changes for the good of the community.

Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 22:11 PM 

Tester

To the assembled members of the Elder Council,
In your age there is wisdom,

I pen this letter by my own hand to engage you immediately in the seriousness of the situation. As one who is tasked with defending the peoples of the establishment I wish to my authority to ask for a hearing. I wish for you to hear my station for moving as we have to defend the peoples.

As the Solarium as approved by the Pharoah gave rulership over Djedet to those appointed by House Osirant, thus we wish to establish a government herein and described as posted for the people of Djedet be more effective.

While one challenges not the wisdom or cunning of the council, we wish to let it be known that in times of dire struggle, with that of the possible Arcanum in Cordor, the struggles and visions of the Clerics and Druids in the deserts, the current system is not enough. It is made for the establishment to become safe, guarded, and stronger.

Under the system established, the Shemsu, the Tetrach, and the Magistrate have authority. I would propose a proposition that the Elder Council, in exchange for letting the immediate rulings be left to the parties as dictated above, but that the Council be given authority in place of the Magistrate, who has not been appointed. This would mean, that although the peoples government is fully autonomous that the council if throughly stressed might overrule decisions made. As dictated in the Government Proposition.

I would remind the Council that as of late, since the creation and establishment more Faithful have walked the sands. They have made the sojourn from the mainland and come to the isle Khem, in the Alambar to make safe these walls. And protect us from the western influence so vile to our peoples collected conscience.

I await your word,

Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 22:22 PM 

Tester

To the Khalil of the Khalem,
And all free-hold farmers therein,
Those faithful and diligent workers,
Honoured by their fruits of labor to the Gods,

Good people, under the current system we have heard you are not pleased. We believe there is a disparity among the law and the interpretation given to you. Here our argument against this.

My office is tasked with defending the people of the Djedet and those loyal to the God-King, and within the Territory of Mulhorand. Mulhorand, via the Solarium has left House Osirant in charge of Djedet. This gives the Sekhry, whom serves under the blessing of the House to protect all those therein.

Your territory is not to be taken from you. It is to keep outsiders who would defile our way and trample your vines from doing so. The territory is to be officially placed under protectorship. Never will another one of you be attacked by bands of the Asabi, never will Sebek's creatures frighten you unduly, never might a foreign power place you under oppression. Your lands are to be guarded. We even shall offer coin for your goods in place of the tribute under share-crop system that was brought as a tariff against you previously.

In summation...
It is in the authority to protect those within the borders. Your land is not to be taken. Coin will be paid for the goods you supply the people of Djedet. And your lands will be protected from foreign invaders and domestic beasts.

With respect for the diligence of the people,

Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2011, 22:29 PM 

Tester

To the Men who bear shield and khopesh,
Those who serve the people with honor,
The Guards of Djedet,

We will meet and discuss this as needed. Flag me down when your shifts are relieved over the next tenday. Extra guards are being recruited. Residences are in planning stages for a barracks for all the guards in which to live safe from the elements and mercy of the samaritan individuals. New supplies, better shield and sword and armor have been ordered and need only be fitted for you brave militamen.

The new laws are for the better of the people. You are tasked with keeping them say. Goblins, Kobolds, Demonic Individuals, and others of poor and distatseful heritage or who worship foul gods do not place an emphasis on the safety and well-being of life. It is our duty as guards, as citizens of Djedet to protect the peoples within. Thus, the laws as stated will be enforced. To keep evil and darkness at bay shall in the long run, keep the people's safe.

Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 16 2011, 23:31 PM 

Player

Azizi' reply is penned addressing the guards, council and merchants concerns. The merchant seems to have been raised to speak for all within Djedet about the various instruments.

I have been tasked with speaking for all the peoples of Djedet

You Mulhorandi do not understand, you never do when it comes to matters of a mercantile nature within this town. We survive by our trade, and unnescessary limitations on whom we can trade with through the instituition of laws preventing certain various species from setting foot within the town is intolerable. I put forth to you the hypocrisy of such statement and laws given your Lord Arbitrator is known to consort with Kobolds, Dragon-kin and Half-Orcs. One law for you Mulhorandi and one law for we of Djedet is it?

The Negotations between the Elder Council and House Osirant were not always just but never did they invoke such hypocrisy. The Elder Council allowed the House Osirant to remain as leaders amongst the guard, with right to militia and train our guardsmen. The town was not gifted to Mulhorand, the negotiations with the Solarium inferred a co-operation which would return this settlement to glory not seen since last time you abandoned us. You have assumed, with belligerent imperialism, that Djedet is a defacto state of the Mulhorandi Empire and that you may do away with the methods of governance we have used for hundreds of years. It is intolerable that you would do this thing without first consulting the people of the town who have lived and bled here for our entire lives.

Simeron

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 17 2011, 2:28 AM 

Player

*A letter is penned to Azizi, the Khalil and the Council on fine papyrus. A small box of wine, tobacco and assorted cheeses from various places across the realms is included that is sufficient for one to be given to each member of each group*

Quote:
Good sirs of the lands of Khem,

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that the offer of trade I have made has not only been rejected by the Mulhorandi overlords you now seem to be apart of, though I was unaware they had taken over the leadership of your towns and lands admittedly, but, I find myself banned from coming to your lands and therefore, must tell you that the goods I have for you now, you must make arrangements to come pick up in Shadowscape on the Plane of Shadow. I can move them to an alternative place once you tell me but, I am not allowed to bring them to you any longer.

Furthermore, the great discount of 1 in 4 (25%) off my normal rates can no longer be offered due to this.

The reason for my ban it seems is nothing I have done, except that I love my wife. Who has never once stepped foot within your lands to my knowledge.

The source of this is Zelly...a DRAGON kin that is not pure of blood either. Odd how your new overlords are making exception for her and her Copper Industries...or is that control industries?

This is the very same person that said they did NOT label me a slaver yet the very people within the Triadic Knights that accused me of it, nearly causing bloodshed by the accusation and nearly having my wife killed because of it, told me SHE was the SOURCE of the accusation.

The very same person that has her claws in helping the good hin of the Dale and now suddenly, we are no longer welcome there. Half FIENDS are...but not my wife.

The very same person that said if I left my wife...I would be fine...all I have to do is give up my wife and my personal belief that we are not slaves to our birth...that we can overcome any obstacles with enough luck and endurance.

If you still have some say in your own destiny, I would suggest you take a very hard look at your new overlords and just want agenda they are pushing upon you. Is it for the betterment of your and your people....or them and their people.

If you think it is to the betterment of you and your people...put all your effort into it and I will gladly accept the ban and do business elsewhere.

If not, then decide now while you still can to see to your best interests. When the army of your overlords arrive, it will be far harder and take much more blood to do this.

Master Krugan si Palaes, Merchant

An additional note to Azizi,

Quote:
Good Azizi, it is with particular sadness I write to you as I have greatly enjoyed the magical wares you have offered and often indulge in the dates and figs, especially the wines. Amenia has come to enjoy the Date Wine especially.

I was to increase my purchases also due to the ban on kobolds as Merchant Kurchin, the kobold cook, buys many of the goods needed exclusively from Khem and now, he also can not do this due to being banned simply because he is a kobold.

Also, as I have become a thorn in Zelly's side, who is a Dragon Kin herself, she seems to have begun a campaign of slander and outright lies. Be wary of the greed of that one...coppers are known to increase their wealth with guile and trickery rather then outright brute force.

Krugan

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 17 2011, 3:27 AM 

Tester

MoshingChris wrote:
Azizi' reply is penned addressing the guards, council and merchants concerns. The merchant seems to have been raised to speak for all within Djedet about the various instruments.

I have been tasked with speaking for all the peoples of Djedet

You Mulhorandi do not understand, you never do when it comes to matters of a mercantile nature within this town. We survive by our trade, and unnescessary limitations on whom we can trade with through the instituition of laws preventing certain various species from setting foot within the town is intolerable. I put forth to you the hypocrisy of such statement and laws given your Lord Arbitrator is known to consort with Kobolds, Dragon-kin and Half-Orcs. One law for you Mulhorandi and one law for we of Djedet is it?

The Negotations between the Elder Council and House Osirant were not always just but never did they invoke such hypocrisy. The Elder Council allowed the House Osirant to remain as leaders amongst the guard, with right to militia and train our guardsmen. The town was not gifted to Mulhorand, the negotiations with the Solarium inferred a co-operation which would return this settlement to glory not seen since last time you abandoned us. You have assumed, with belligerent imperialism, that Djedet is a defacto state of the Mulhorandi Empire and that you may do away with the methods of governance we have used for hundreds of years. It is intolerable that you would do this thing without first consulting the people of the town who have lived and bled here for our entire lives.

In reply Mahir writes.

The law does allow for exceptions to be made. If the Arbitrator has had dealings or one of the people have had dealings enough with members of outlawed personage, they may then be given pardon for their ways and be allowed to deal with the merchants and enter the town accordingly. The laws still are there for protection and not for restriction of your services good merchants.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 17 2011, 4:56 AM 

Player

Azizi on behalf of the Elder Council makes a statement publically.

Our complaints still stand, however the Elders suggest that we allow a period of one lunar cycle to determine the effects of the Mulhorandi's changes in the way the regions laws are applied.

Requests however are made:

*The Mulhorandi will improve the height of the towns walls at their own expense.
*The expansion of the Guard force will not involve Djedet guards being used as tools in Mulhorands wars. Our Guard stays in Khem.
*That any shortfall in trade is re-imbursed from the coffers of the Mulhorandi
*Elder Hlamerha Jabran is to be involved in the decision making process of the Mulhorandi via papyrus correspondence

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 17 2011, 5:01 AM 

Tester

-Mahir replies-

To Azizi,
Honest Merchant,

The agreements are accepted as stated. Our reply stands as this.

In the matter of the town-walls. They will be improved once the guard and militia have barracks.
The Guard will stay in Khem but uphold the laws.
We request an inventory to show the difference in trade.
The Elder will henceforth serve in the decision making process and will be notified of town meetings and the likes.

Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]