View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08 2012, 19:46 PM 

Player

Everything so far has been last minute, I think. Sorry guys. I dunno when Mosh has time though. He hasn't been around IG thus far.

ROCK ON
\m/

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08 2012, 22:57 PM 

Player

Yeah I was mostly just informing everyone again since work is looming it's head once more. Yay monies! :/

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Lutra

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 11 2012, 17:02 PM 

Player

well...I will try to attend if I can catch you all in a euro compatible time

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 18 2012, 1:50 AM 

Player

Question: When is the upcoming battle/host taking place? I read mention of 'in the morrow', but I'm guessing that doesn't literally mean tomorrow. Do we have any sort of timeline on this? There hasn't been much coordination lately, which is a bummer considering I was happy to see some of the main people get active again.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 18 2012, 2:00 AM 

Tester

I highly recommend people read the khem forums or walk around djedet sometimes IC. I've been online nearly nonstop for 2-3 days now. Also posting like a mad men in the forums.

Meeting to determine everything IC coming up in just minutes.

For the record Salema has not been invited because IC she has yet to say she is around. And no business is EVER done through cordor including mailing. Thus I recommend ICly you get ahold of Mahir or any of the other major players.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 18 2012, 2:09 AM 

Player

I was looking for more OOC matters, but I posted in the IC thread that she is around still, as well as she left word that she wanted to attend the Shemsu meeting. I haven't seen anything that would allow her to make her presence known, however. The only things that have been going on IC are letters to specific individuals and matters that are for the Choosen. So, again, that doesn't give her any way to show she is around. And when I look, I never see anyone on, so, I haven't seen any of the activity you're talking about.

Just mentioning trufax far as I know! Just wanted to get things shaken, since to me they seemed stagnant.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 18 2012, 10:51 AM 

Player

Just an FYI whilst it seems things are slow on my end they are not, but currently I am Head-Shed for the entirety of Khem and DMing for Uhm as-well as a variety of plots in Minaiture and because I don't want to suffer lower quality in terms of replying to your threads I am replying as fast as I can whilst maintaining at least some semblance of quality.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 21 2012, 22:41 PM 

Tester

3:20 before kickoff.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Nivo

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 31 2012, 20:25 PM 

Player

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67480

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 7:27 AM 

Tester

I am going to start from the very beginning of this post and state my purpose, then give my reasons. My intent is to force-end this plot. I wish to have the Red Hand Prophecy plot be given a written ending or ended with one final event. It is time for closure or resolution.

My reasons are fairly simple.
1.) The DMs who are part of this are no longer available. Mosh has been gone now for over 6 months. The DMs who took over from him are also not around. Fabian has been absent for nearly 3 months. Ainjyll has been absent for a month now. We have not even been given an OOC "this will happen when X" or the likes.

This makes it incredibly difficult for the players to have any sense of their ability to affect the world/plot as they are unable to have any discernible contact to ask for RP from or to overview actions in game to confirm and then have these actions take effect in the world.

2.) The plot has now ranged for more than a year. There has been huge gaps in active times periods. This has been incredibly immersion breaking. It has been very difficult to have the feel of crisis if there is no crisis. And if characters leave major plots due to lack of inactivity they are acting as best they can IC though a large number of players have mentioned to be the difficulty of engaging in this plot.

3.) If a DM were to take over, even if one of the two DMs who were to take over but are unavailable for real life, we are still looking at a long period of time before anything can happen. There has been massive amounts of unrecorded NPC interaction and lore associated with this plot, only making the DMs job more difficult to accurately keep the same feel for the PCs.

4.) Some of the PCs who were active in this plot have difficulty playing. I'm not referring the the massive amount in the Force that went to the River of Swords, more-so those who were "chosen" by ma'at. Those who are chosen, especially the mulans have had much difficulty finding RP. It is incredibly hard to worry about going to a party or talking about the weather, worrying about evil somewhere else when you need to worry about your entire civilization being destroyed at any minute IC. Surely they can just talk and worry IC together about this plot, but then as I said, See Reason 2.

I've tried during this time to be as helpful and and as complacent and friendly concerning these matters as I've can. I think that we have all demonstrated enough patience. I think at this time resolution and closure is called for. It is not that we are judging or pissed at DM Team. A series of unfortunate events (tm) has transpired, mightily so, against this plot. In light of all the circumstances I am asking for the plot to be ended.

I am able to provide assistance in sensible ways the plot can be ended the easiest if needed. That are both good and bad for the "good guys".

A.) We lose, do to inactivity Anubis fully becomes a Deity and is an Exarch (or equivalent) for Set. No other happens. Ma'at most likely pulls her essence back from the PCs and returns to Earth.

B.) Anubis wins, destroys Khem and Mulhorand (remember most the army and structure is gone). PCs and NPC survivors from mulhorand and the island khem escape via portal to Kohlingen most likely. The city becomes a undead/demon place to hunt to fill in whatever area is missing on Amia, low epics or high teens possibly. The rest of the island continues to be hunting grounds as normal.

C.) Good guys win, huzzah, Cosmic Harmony is returned. Ma'at now no longer having to diametrically oppose Anubis retreats with him happily back to Earth or their wooden box or whatever. Life goes as normally.

And of course any varieties, but these are the most sensible ones.

*B Works to bring "good" folk together and start to have the RP hubs help develop and give perhaps interesting RP. Massive Empire and all the slavers are unable to have slaves or their old riches and power in Kohlingen etc. Band of noble type refugees. Hell its a start.

Again I want to reiterate the players and I feel strongly that it is time for resolution and closure. We understand the unique set of circumstances but also feel that at a certain point we need to accept some things are unfixable and move forward in that direction.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to a dialogue with the team in the future about this. Other players are of course welcome to post anything for or against this.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 7:35 AM 

Player

While the chances that I'll ever really be invested in Talyne again are admittedly slim, having this plot resolved would certainly make it so that I can at least play her casually. I don't think destroying -Mulhorand- is a terribly great idea, as that's a rather big departure from FR lore, but I think nuking Khem would be lovely.

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:43 AM 

Player

One final event has already been planned, as was mentioned previously.

Also as was mentioned there, Dev work forced it to be pushed back (I take full responsibility as I didn't get the needed work done in time for Ainjyll to run it before the holidays) and postponed. However, being that it ran it right through the holidays, this leads me to my post in my Shenanigans thread.

I'd like you to look back up at your post Pidge, and really read it slowly and carefully.

When you're done, ask yourself, "what was I trying to accomplish?"

I know it's frustrating, I know it's been one delay after another, I know it's been a crap shoot. But what does making that post you just did, really accomplish beyond exacerbating the situation and causing more dissent? What does it accomplish, if anything, that is constructive in nature? You know that you need resolution. We know that it needs resolution. You know that we're trying our damnedest to get something half-decent pasted together from the scraps for you guys. We know that you're in desperate need of even those scraps right now. So what does it accomplish? What does it do to help either situation?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 11:19 AM 

Player

You take the blame yourself, then bitch Pige out for being exasperated? Seriously?

You were working on it in September. And then on. So your holiday excuse doesn't fly either. It doesn't take 4 months to put together a story (much of which was already done and written by Mosh) and get a DM or two to run it.

His post is incredibly polite for the run around these people have got.

Don't admit that it's frustrating and admit the blame is all your own and then turn around and throw it in his face. Instead, get the work done. That's what purpose this post serves. It's another reminder. To get it done. Because you guys needed reminders a lot. So this is another one.

It didn't run through the holidays, your planned event was by the end of December 15th. That's a lengthy time after Thanksgiving, and a decent bit before Christmas too. That's why the date was probably chosen in the first place. Instead it was your fault that it didn't get done in time and why it even became an issue crashing with the holidays in the first place, so there's no need to tell him to read a post that shouldn't have even been necessary if you'd gotten your work done to begin with!

Lots of blaming the players here when you should just GO GET IT DONE. Half decent does not take 4 months. REALLY GOOD can happen in a lot less than 4 months. 4 months is not 'trying your damndest'. It's a lot of sitting around. Put your heads together, throw this at the top of the priority list, like it should have been the moment you knew it was going to have issues with Mosh's department, like you did with all of my stuff when I told you guys I was leaving, and bang it out lickety split, because it's entirely doable with the minds you have up there if someone takes charge and puts it into gear.

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 18:39 PM 

Player

I also think its an attempt at a compromise. Granted, I'm not involved in this, but I've heard Pidge talk about it for some time now.

There's a general stasis with the players involved. I think what Pidge is asking is to come up with even a forum conclusion, so it frees up the characters involved so that he, and the others, can find RP again (Even if not in Khem). They also understand that a series of unfortunate events have made this complicated, and its certainly not easy for the DM team to come up with an event.

So I think he's simply suggesting an alternative, forum-based conclusion that would be in the interests of the players who are "Stuck", and freeing DM's from working further on an upcoming event.

Again, I have no sway in this, I just thought I'd try to help clarify a bit.

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 20:59 PM 

Player

You guys aren't listening. It is done. It is ready to go. I'll run it my own damn self if it comes to that.

My post was pointing out that his served no constructive purpose and only served to in fact make things worse.

I'm not going to get into a debate of excuses vs. blame with you Tormak, because again, that serves no constructive purpose. But you don't have the whole picture anymore and your post actually does more to inflame things than Pidge's by a long shot.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 23:05 PM 

Player

ed. Alright.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3