View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 14:15 PM 

Player

The desert is silent, the enemy seemingly contained and cowed for the moment. All over Khem Celestial Glyphs begin appearing. Closer inspection reveals an odd inversion that makes them nearly impossible to translate even for those who are well versed in the knowledge of such things. One of the Glyphs can be found burned into grave mount outside of Djedet, another etched into the door of the Cathedral of the Martyr St, a third set into the timberwork of the fence into the lands of the Sand Minotaur. Finally a fourth is found carved into the chest of the Arbitrator, for after his wounds are cleared and healed he remains scarred where he should not, though he has no realisation of reality as his eyes continue to stare unseeingly as his mind replays his tortures over and over again.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 15:15 PM 

Player

A fifth inverted Glyph is found, uninverted it is easily recognisable as the Glyph denoting an Ibis. Inverted however its meaning remains as yet unknown.

Dieu_Le_Fera

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 15:58 PM 

Player

Asiya having found the rune would be deeply troubled by this and informed the guards to be more vigilant... she then remained behind in the settlement in-case something happened while the "chosen" went to investigate the other runes.

"It is by the holy beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning, it is by Java alone that I set my mind in motion."

Nivo

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 16:30 PM 

Player

*A short report is penned, and left within the township complex.*

~~~

Upon the runes that have recently been manifesting:

Study has revealed the following,

Dispelling is ineffective. Once dispelled, a contingency is triggered, resulting in another rune to be conjured.
Physically striking them results in a backlash of force, and does not harm the rune.

Examination of the rune under advanced divination has revealed that these runes are in fact highly warded and glammered Prying Eyes. A prying eye observes for the duration of the spell that cast it, and then returns to the caster, reporting all it has seen. These runes are, quite simply, the eyes of the enemy. But, they are subject to the limitations of a normal eye. Therefore, to blind the eyes of the enemy, shroud and cover them, and remain wary.

`Ulrik Valis, of Mystra
~~~

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 17:05 PM 

Tester

Mahir orders mirrors from the merchant and encourages everyone who is capable to set.them up around the runes in such a way to reflect only their own eye.

Be also asks ulrik if they have the ability to hear as well.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Nivo

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 17:12 PM 

Player

Ulrik would reply that Prying Eyes can only see, not hear. And only at a range of about one-hundred and twenty feet.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 17:14 PM 

Tester

The Mirrors are then ordered to be placed. Around Tauronemhet a dark cloth is placed over his chest.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 17:29 PM 

Player

During a brief return from the desert, Salema walks back into the complexe room in Djedet and, reading the messages, pens a short note:

What happens when you try and simply remove the stone the glyph is on? Or open a gate to send the stone away? Or, even, attempting to destroy the glyph from a distance? Just an idea or three.

-Salema

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2012, 22:54 PM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

{Mul} The glyph merely moves to another place to settle, though how far it will move is unknown. I fancy a bunch of Mulan have better to do than chase glyphs all over the desert. Just blind it physically.

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2012, 19:44 PM 

Player

Talyne begins an exhaustive search in the Triumvir library, digging up any information she can on dream related magic or powers, or any treatises on lucid dreaming. She pays special attention for any references to shared dreams. She also searches for any lore or studies on pairs of people connected through some sort of metaphysical bond. She goes about the academic work with surprising skill for a druid, though she has a feverish, sometimes haunted look about her. The kohl she wears does little to mask the dark circles forming under her eyes. She also seems to be shedding a few pounds, only ducking into the Lodge for some soup and bread when she can barely stand, or for a nap when needed. Her sleep when it comes at all is fitful, and she repeatedly mumbles prayers to her pair of goddesses.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 22 2012, 21:07 PM 

Player

[A letter is delivered to the Complex for the Dragon-kin Zelly, its neither sealed nor hidden and merely states]

The lost river, we await.

- Adjo

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 23 2012, 9:28 AM 

Tester

After following Talyne who was being pulled by the staff, with zahra, nefertari, and himself in tow, to the ruins of a tower in the Khalem, Mahir is seen with a khopesh etched with feathers in the complex and his own home attempting to discern what is and whom it would belong too.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 5:27 AM 

DM

MoshingChris wrote:
[A letter is delivered to the Complex for the Dragon-kin Zelly, its neither sealed nor hidden and merely states]

The lost river, we await.

- Adjo

Finally up and moving around again, Zelly seems somewhat weakened after her bout of sickness. When she reads the letter, though, a certain familiar determination returns to her and she begins to make plans to meet her charges.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Gers

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 5:37 AM 

Player

A somewhat ticked-off-looking Jud can be seen reading a few books on Abyssal creatures often for the next few days.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 6:22 AM 

Player

Two weeks of inferior quality water and lack of sunlight begins to take its toll on the people of Khem. Two deaths are reported in Djedet, and a further five Deaths are recorded in the Khalem valley. In Nes'ek the sickness is staved off by the tireless efforts of the Clergy of Lathander.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 6:25 AM 

Tester

The Sekhry mourns these deaths personally and intimately.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

CelestialDante

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 7:43 AM 

Player

*The Imakhu begins the funeral rights at once. Then he sets about purifying water by divine means*

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 16:31 PM 

Player

Zahra seems to take these deaths as a personal failure, as she has been purifying water since the time of the eruption. She continues her work, though she seems much more disheartened.

ROCK ON
\m/

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2012, 17:52 PM 

Player

Salema, catching wind of this, would devote efforts to doing the same daily. The look of sadness in her eyes has grown slightly, and though she readily banishes it around others it is clear the deaths bother her. She'd continue to do anything she could to help with the efforts, though seems slightly lost in what to do exactly. At various points in the day, she would be seen taking to her knees in the sand within Djedet's walls and praying.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 25 2012, 1:56 AM 

DM

A message is left in the complex.

Friends,

The last of the gems has been recovered. We should meet. Also, the Silver Scale tribe have settled across the river. They did not like the node or the lantern and opted for the more defensible location beyond the river. The jackals can be blocked easily there, should they be attacked by them.

Zelly

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 25 2012, 2:11 AM 

Player

I have the other four gems. Let me know when you wish to meet.

~Talyne

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 25 2012, 15:47 PM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

*looks at the notice confused, then writes a hasty note*

{Mul} The Staff of Feathers was not needed to find it? How odd, when it was required for the others. Please keep everyone informed what happens, in as much detail as possible. I still have the staff, if needed further, as my attempts to place it in more visible hands has not been successful. And I would need to check again, but I think I have a couple of the items.

~Nefertari

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]