View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Ravenovf

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 05 2012, 16:03 PM 

Player

"Banned in Djedet and thus the Oasis and the Khalil region as well"

This was the proclamation by the so-called leader of Djedet, attempting to save face with Nes'ek who he clearly hated. Acting with hubris and hypocrisy, rising the ire of the faithful of the Nemesis. His ban did indeed stand and where guards stood and in the south where the nomad clans called home no banned figure moved. Yet as the heroes of Djedt were at war, there was a place elsewhere, a place beyond a waste of savage Asabi tribes, roaming undead and greedy tomb raiders. A place long fallen into faithless hands. A place ripe for an act of spite and a symbol of a terrible evil born in mortal hearts.

A figure in the colors of Tiamat face hidden behind a heavy helm/mask had battled the undead and beasts of the lost river and made her way into the Temple of the Eight. She had made sure not to enter the alcoves to trouble the tomb-raiders, they after all were her kind of people, but made her way straight to the room at the far end of the temple where the Hieroglyph stone lay.

There in that forgotten Temple of the Eight an alter adorned with candles of White, Black, Green, Blue and Red was risen. Upon it left many gems, coins and magical trinkets in sacrifice to the Nemesis.

A prayer in Untheric rose from the faithful who had risen the alter in a shared sentiment by the others who had been forced to endure the inequity of Djedt and hypocrisy of its leaders.

"Our Dark Lady, Nemesis of the gods, I bring your gaze upon this grand edifice of greed, where other tyranical gods have been forgotten in favor of the lust for wealth. Where tomb raiders defile the works of hypocrite deities in the name of glorious greed!

May Mulhorand be devoured by the jackals they drew upon themselves, may Unthar be free under your shadow and yours alone oh last true god of its pantheon, may Chessenta stand forever mighty under the memory of your spawn, Tchazzar!

May your eyes fall only upon my foes, may they all suffer for their weak convictions and the veil of virtue they pretend to hide behind!"

The figure left when her prayers were made not seeming to care of the fate of her sacrifices, if the raiders here took her offerings it would be between them and Tiamat what fate befell them, much as she felt about any who defiled her acts of faith.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:43 AM 

Player

A gust of wind, sour smells abound, and all the candles are snuffed out.

The soft wind brings with it the baying laughter of Jackals, mocking this so-called faithful of Tiamat.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:56 AM 

Player

The blowing out of the candles was perhaps more unnerving then the carrion eaters laugh, a superstitious and religious woman Akantha shivered at the ill omen. A sign of disrespect for the Nemesis and her divine duty. A sudden thought crept over her that this laughing carrion dog might be a threat to the Nemesis and her power. That the dimming of the candles was proof that she had to find a way to pass through the portal and lend her blade to cutting the carrion dogs neck, or at least aid their struggle somehow. The only question in her mind was how to do this with her ban and the local's hate for her.

She left the ruins gripping her sword tightly, eyes darting to every shadow, even the howl of mundane Jackals setting her on edge. She would not rest well that night especially in the ruins of Ankh'remun where so many of the carrion hounds prowled. Their howling had taken on an air of mockery and disrespect that made the fire in her blood burn with a desire for spite.

The first outlet for her hate a dire jackal cut from one of the packs who stalked the ruins, whose innards would be used as a superstitious omen reading. Having nothing more then a heavy dose of superstition perhaps the act was simply to reinforce what she suspected. For she came to the same conclusion. A carrion dog had no right to take a dragon's prey.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 06 2012, 16:14 PM 

Player

There was no way she was going to be able to get through that portal, not with the ban, not with the Militia knowing her alter ego. Of course even if she did she doubted it would be a simple matter of saying she was there to help fight for the old empires. That bastard who lead the Milita had demanded a geas, had demanded tests of purity, after he had insulted Chessenta and gravely. Elitest, paranoid bastard had no respect for freedom and clearly didn't think Chessentan's were right kind of Mulan. No if she could simply pass by odds are there would be either harsh words or violence with a man who commanded an army. She may have been able to win a fight with words as it would come down to stubbornness, but if he simply denied her and had his soldiers cast her out she had no chance of lending aid to put down this Old Jackal.

The daughter of the dragon paced back and forth mind trying to focus on a plan that would help fight this old Jackal who had mocked the Nemesis. The mess had started on Khem, perhaps she could in someway hinder or wound his base of power here? No illogical there was little proof the Jackal held any special degree of interest in Khem aside from the events in the Temple of the Eight, then again Akantha was a very superstitious woman so perhaps he did have some power invested in that crumbling temple of the eight. Of course what could she do there, it wouldn't matter of the tomb raiders died or the place was cleaned up, and she doubted she and her sister's alone would be enough to draw the Nemesis's gaze upon this Old Jackal.

That wasn't enough, likely wouldn't anything and would waste time and energy. She furrowed her brow for a moment as a few thing's her father had said came to her over a life of lessons and grooming.
"The most effective tools in this world are information and Disinformation"
"You can do more damage with words then blades"
"Breaking ones shackles is easy, the true mastermind can rule the world from a jail cell"

Stringing together metaphors and ideas she slowly started to develop a plan with what little she had gathered about the conflict. She would need her sisters arcane magic, she would need some of her waxs, and she would need her family signet ring and a bit of time. She also needed to stop at the abyss and pick up a special instrument. She smiles inwardly, if this worked it could cause a great deal of harm for the Old Jackal and the secret of who and what helped this army of heroes would amuse her to no end.

Infact the very idea made her laugh delightedly...

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 07 2012, 0:24 AM 

Player

Somewhere far and way across the Alambar sea from the war with the Old Jackal the daughters of the dragon prepared two letters. Each Sealed with an equal silver of White, Black, Green, Blue and Red Wax. Then carefully stamped with the Emberblaze family Signet. This plan was desperate but it was becoming a time for desperate plans.

One letter was given to an Air Elemental summoned by a magic flute told to fly high and fast until it reached Messemprar then to descend unseen into a safe house for the cult and deliver the letter.

The Second letter was given to Dionysia who called up the spirit of wraith to her command with the same orders as were given the elemental and both sent on slightly different routes.

The letters witch Akantha desperately hoped would reach Messemprar and Tiamats cult were writen in Untheric and read;
To the Wyrmlaird in charge of the Cult of the Nemesis in Unther.

Most revered servant of the Nemesis I hope against the terrible odds that this letter reaches you in this dire time for the Old Empires.

An evil risen by the fools in Mulhorand threatens not just their hypocritical empire but our ladies base of power. A being called the old Jackal, some from of deamon or old god? I am unsure. Heroes from Mulhorand and the west have traveled far to the River of Swords to face this evil, however they are lead by a moralistic fool who does not understand that good and evil alike must stand against this growing threat. If this old Jackal gains enough momentum our faiths war against the incursions of Bane's faith and occupation by the Mulhorundi will seem like a welcome respite in comparison. I tell you this because I hope you understand the gravity of this beings victory will mean. Thus the forces of the ladies cult must strike the rear of this army as the heroes of Mulhorand strike its face. We can eliminate this threat to her Dark Majesty and move back to secure Unther before the sand-rats have time to react.

I can not enter this battle myself due to Djedts hypocritical elitist leader or I would ensure this Old carrion dog died with my own eyes, if I can do anything in Khem to weaken this hound I shall. You must know though that a dragon can not allow a dog from the wastes to take what is rightfully hers. Let the gods of Mulhorand learn even if the champions do not that they owe the Nemesis and her faithful a debt that they will eventually have to repay.

-Your true servant the Scion of Infernus the red, Daughter of The Emberblaze family.

Akantha sighed as the letters were sent by way of flying creatures, it was the best she could do with that wretched ban, at least for the time being. There might yet be more to weaken this dog from Khem itself and feed another god to the Nemesis but it had not yet dawned on her or Dionysia.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2012, 19:36 PM 

Player

Under the dark of night deep with in land of the lost river, in the depths of the Crypt of Semuth the worshiper of Tiamat had found a place she felt far more comfortable then in the wake of the Jackals presence the ruins of the temple of the eight. In fact the traps, undead and tomb raiders were welcome compared to that howling. Thus the macabre place had become her new favorite spot to think and leave offerings to her dark goddess and so here among the dust, the dead and the fallen the daughter of the dragon paced in annoyance among the baleful green fires of the crypts lights.

"There is too much going on in Nes'ek, and this hatred they have for us may hinder our plans" said Ember to no one in particular.

"So many possible foes, using us, working against us hindering every possible gain all because some witless ape started this rumor and that brainless priest perpetuated it to everyone. He likely informed the damned temple in Nes'ek. Probably the whole town, why else would they hate us for thinking to offer them the gift of new weapons and armor to defend themselves!" She continued in not so quiet fury.

"They are driving me to paranoia, the wretches who cling to suspicions without evidence and hearsay, the fools who swallow that basket case guard captains evidence-less accusations simply because they presume she is beyond pettiness or human failings" She threw her hands up in frustration her voice quivering with something hateful and a bit insane.

A quiet voice lacking the distortion of Embers Helmet whispered "The guard captain was a necessary risk, telling her, causing her to spread it, when there is no proof or evidence only makes her look like she is going off the deep end from stress, it makes her look like she hates us irrationally and lies to herself to justify it. Remember how much hatred they had when we defiled the graves at Wyrmhold, strike their bodies and they will endure. To cause the men and women of this island true pain strike at their soul. Harm what they can not defend, show them their weakness and inability to protect what they call good and right, break them without even shedding a drop of blood"

"Yes.. I.. see perhaps you are right" muttered Ember seeming to calm noticeably.
"Spite is sweeter, strife stronger and their hatred more delicious when we poison what they love, when we break what they hold true unseen and unknown"

"Exactly. Just imagine the strife and hatred our Dark Lady will sup upon if our long reaching goals hold. Taking a part of Mulhrorand for Chessenta, inviting Thayvans to have an Embassy and if we can find the coast and docks creating a haven for Chessentan pirates and tomb robbers. The hate that will rise from the leader of Djedt will be a five-fold vengeance for his insults to us, our nation and freedom!"

"Yes, I wasn't thinking clearly, need to focus, need to plan my vengeance to strike not at my enemy but at what my enemy loves. Kill not the father but make him watch as you take away his son. Strife is the most deadly weapon of the Nemesis... and all gods and dark beings who do not serve her are either her foe or a temporary ally..."

From near by Ember started to laugh her conversation with herself had unlocked a delightful array of horrific schemes.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2012, 15:20 PM 

Player

"Thing's are quiet" Ember mused to herself as she flicked undead gore from her blade. The ruined tomb was serving her nicely so rarely traveled, so corrupt and so peaceful. Of course she had meant that Khem seemed quiet, the rancor and tumult of recent events seeming to have simmered down to a monotonous theme.

Akantha's voice whispered in the darkness "I see you have found a measure of calm among the paranoia and obsession that were griping you"

"Yes, yes, of course I simply needed some time away to sort my thoughts out"

"Good, then we are ready to continue with our plans?"

"Indeed, the Nemesis has been silent here for to long, the hypocrites unpunished by her brood!"

"More importantly we have not made significant progress in some time, I believe you will be required to be more active while I take to the wayside Ember"

Ember nodded in agreement with Akantha and locked her helmet in place. It was time the dragons daughter took to the wing.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Sat, May 04 2013, 18:33 PM 

Player

All they had needed to do to make Khem and its people suffer was to withdrawl, it had been a simple act of spite but one that in retrospect Akantha had found rather satisfying. The island that had rejected her and her families aid, where the leader of the sand rat town had insulted her nation, ancestors and all but offered to make her slave as part of attempted mercenary negotiations all suffered. True her family had made little headway in the region and all but forced out but clearly (At least in her mind) The Nemesis was punishing the people of Khem for their hypocrisy. When they have lost everything perhaps than we shall see how much they will rebuke us for not being the "right" kind of Mulan. In poverty and in pain languish and lament for the rise of Chessenta and shadow of the Dark Queen yet awaits you Khem. Her silent thoughts were followed by a sly greedy grin, Akantha decided that this was a victory and she savored each every second of it.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 28 2013, 15:13 PM 

Player

Such a desprate and destitute little island, ravaged and sundered by misfortune week and vulnerable. Like a ripened fruit it had become perfect for plucking. The prior eradication of the Bandits by her family combined with attack by a twisted divinity had left the native population in shambles if not facing extinction. Biding her time had proven very fruitful. Now all Akantha needed was to start the second stage of her families plans. Oh what a glorious future this wretched island had in her mind. She thanked the Nemesis for gazing upon the people of Khem silently and turned her attentions upon her would be prize.

ShadowRayne

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 30 2013, 2:08 AM 

Player

He strode through the desert, his boots sinking into the sand as he relished the warmer climate. He went unopposed mostly, aside from the odd stray wild dog and beetle as he strode down the road towards the Ruined city of Ankh'remun.
He removed his plumed helmet and spent a few minutes walking around surveying the ruins like he had many times before. The Stinger's had not returned, which was good and he nodded to himself. There were a few beetles and snakes around, but that was to be expected after he and his sisters chased the Stingers and the Bandits from this section of the desert, only natural that the wild-life comes back.
He got rid of the few Beetles and snakes that decided he may make a good meal, but they posed no threat. After he made a complete slow circle, surveying the whole ruined city he nodded to himself and quietly left.

Mahtan Tasadur wrote:
Puff saved Cordor by climbing in a Golem's ass. <.< All fear the ass goblin.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]