View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 7:35 AM 

Player

So apparently folk have misled themselves into believing I'm not an approachable DM and won't broach subjects with me.

I have come to the understanding that some of you have said you "Do not like this event and just want it over and done with". The person who informed me of this, will remain nameless, but to be perfectly honest all my DM hours since I've returned have been devoted to this plot. I've been late three times to my events because I've just now discovered that my router needs to be restarted on Saturday mornings due to my ISP's servicing on Saturdays, so I should not be late to my events any longer. edit: Oh and the fourth time I was late, I had internet issues which I had to overcome whilst still drunk as a lord, which I told you all about anyway.

Now I feel like I need to make you aware of something: This plot was never meant to end in a big culiminating battle. The battles were incidental things meant to move the plot along. In hindsight the most recent iteration of those battles, insofar as the River of Swords was poorly thought out by me personally because it increased the number of players that I could comfortably handle to a level higher than I could comfortably accomodate with my method of eventing.

I've also been informed that their is a certain level of jealously amongst players that some players get more interaction from myself than others. This is true, because my entire purpose of this plot is to net as much one on one time with characters as I can. If your character does something in an event that I believe can be fashioned into a tool that can be used in my event then I will make time to give that player some one on one interactions with me.

Lastly if you do have issues you can address them with me on MSN. I am blunt but I'm not the fucking asshole that it seems I've been made out to be.

evilwithoutacause<@>hotmail<dot>com

is where I can be reached

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 12:57 PM 

Player

From the feedback I've already seen from people:

- I will be available every Friday evening US time from about 5pm PST until late. I will organise events on a case by case basis because I feel the whole "Lets plan everything out thing" isn't in the spirit of enjoyment that was originally what made the event cool.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 14:32 PM 

Player

This,
MoshingChris wrote:
I have come to the understanding that some of you have said you "Do not like this event and just want it over and done with".

this,
MoshingChris wrote:
I've been late three times to my events because I've just now discovered that my router needs to be restarted on Saturday mornings due to my ISP's servicing on Saturdays, so I should not be late to my events any longer. edit: Oh and the fourth time I was late, I had internet issues which I had to overcome whilst still drunk as a lord, which I told you all about anyway.

this,
MoshingChris wrote:
I've also been informed that their is a certain level of jealously amongst players that some players get more interaction from myself than others.

and especially this,
MoshingChris wrote:
So apparently folk have misled themselves into believing I'm not an approachable DM and won't broach subjects with me.

all make me sad to hear :(

That said, Mosh you ignore me all the time and but I still love you baby <3

But in all seriousness, even though my our love is a very serious matter, I think that you have done a fantastic job so far. I'm almost ashamed to admit the only time I even get on Amia is during your events in this plot (though part of that is because the server pop has died since the server issue, though it semi-dwindled before that, sadly).

MoshingChris wrote:
From the feedback I've already seen from people:

- I will be available every Friday evening US time from about 5pm PST until late. I will organise events on a case by case basis because I feel the whole "Lets plan everything out thing" isn't in the spirit of enjoyment that was originally what made the event cool.

As for this, that works good for me. Unfortunately I can only be around for a couple of hours Friday nights (work the next morn), so Saturdays was spectacular for me the last few weeks, but that's not a big deal. Salema doesn't play a huge role in things anyways :P Besides, you know, keeping people alive :D

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

erroch

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 15:34 PM 

Player

So far, I've been fairly happy with the events. You've been flexible enough to allow the players to throw curveballs at you.

Granted I only came into the plotline some part into it, but it's been fun by me so far.

I will admit I was a bit apprehensive at first when I found a group "waiting" on the event to start last night, mostly because I wasn't expecting much other then a research run, but it was due to other people's RP. We adapt, we create stories with what we've given.

That's kind of how it works. I've always seen the DM's job as not one ot entertain us, but one to create a canvas that we can play out our own stories over and a framework to entertain our selves.

That said, I will probably try to incite some RP for another event next Friday.

Erroch / Dominik / Tariq

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 15:59 PM 

Player

erroch wrote:
I will admit I was a bit apprehensive at first when I found a group "waiting" on the event to start last night, mostly because I wasn't expecting much other then a research run, but it was due to other people's RP.

Something was going on last night? o.o

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 17:19 PM 

Player

Quote:
So far, I've been fairly happy with the events. You've been flexible enough to allow the players to throw curveballs at you.

The problem is that the event has been going on to long, and thanks to Glim I've been made aware I've unwittingly and accidentally trapped players into the plot, which wasn't my intention. So for that I apologise to those folk who feel that way.

However I will still be concluding this plot cycle, and given the fresh impetus and perspective from new characters, I've got some creative spark back, and the plan has always been that on this conclusion the current members involved in the plot would be freed from further cycles within that story-arc. I am not willing to let the plot hang because the personal plots I have in mind cannot be completed with the Anubis-arc still hanging.

Quote:

If you loved me you'd still be in the kitchen making me sandwiches.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 17:24 PM 

Player

MoshingChris wrote:
Quote:

If you loved me you'd still be in the kitchen making me sandwiches.

But when I'm in there I can't hear the screams.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 17:26 PM 

Player

That has nothing to do with the Kitchen and everything to do with me cutting of your ears and feeding them to my cats.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 17:27 PM 

Player

See guys? Moshy is a problem-solver!

Fabian

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18 2012, 21:02 PM 

Player

I enjoyed it as well and it was fun getting Bruce's feet wet again. :)

Bruce Kesselson: [Talk] Prepare for purple!
Vyashir lndrire: [Talk] yes!

Remal

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 19 2012, 15:32 PM 

Player

Well, I can't speak for all War Knights but I can say I'm glad there's event with war thematics around. More events like these would definitely be welcome. I'll try to come back as soon as I return to my computer (visiting parents ATM and game tends to crash every minute or so on this old machine).
While times of event don't work best for me I can make it without greatly disrupting my RL so it's well for now. And I don't have trouble with someone getting more attention then others especially if they are main "movers" of the event. There's always those that lead and those that are support, and bickering for attention can sometimes disrupt entire thing.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 20 2012, 10:03 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

I added your MSN Moshe, there are a few things I'd like to discuss, but perhaps it'd be better to say there, mostly cause i can get your immediate responses. :)

~ZoD, aka Nefertari

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 20 2012, 11:54 AM 

Player

Didn't get your MSN request ZoD.

Lutra

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2012, 0:01 AM 

Player

My only issue is the odd schedule of the event. It is one thing that it is not flexible at all, because I can live or plan with that but it is not even exact :(

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2012, 9:37 AM 

Player

The odd schedule is my failing to notice that I've been working out my timings with US Pacific Time according to Australian Daylight Savings Time which means even before I hit technical fuck-ups I'm two hours off when I mean to start. I only realised when I -asked- what time it was in California and was two hours off where I guessed.

Therefore from now on all my times will be posted in ACT/ADT and UTC time.

Theres no flexibility, if somethings going to happen it will happen from around 10am Australian Central Time (UTC +9.30) unless otherwise noted.

TheGoddessOfAmazing©

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2012, 14:23 PM 

Player

Mosh, I know our timezones are hectic, but could you try to snag me on msn for some one on one chat? I know you msned me before, but it was an ungodly morning hour, and I was asleep. Thanks honey.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2012, 15:09 PM 

Player

MoshingChris wrote:
Theres no flexibility, if somethings going to happen it will happen from around 10am Australian Central Time (UTC +9.30) unless otherwise noted.

Well, damnit I won't ever be around :(

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 22 2012, 7:15 AM 

Player

Errr didn't state that clearly dude.

I meant from Saturday 10am (+9.30 UTC/GMT) onwards. There is flexibility in the times, just not on the day. Occasionally I can run things on Sunday 10am onwards to. Thats friday and saturday afternoons/evenings for you guys.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 22 2012, 16:21 PM 

Player

Oh, I see, I see. That looks a lot easier for me to get around with.

Blasted timezones always make things hard to understand XD

erroch

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 22 2012, 17:11 PM 

Player

Yeah, Saturday 10am Mosh time is Friday night 7:30 US Central I think, pending on relative states of daylights saving time.

Last edited by erroch on Thu, Aug 23 2012, 15:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 23 2012, 8:14 AM 

Player

So theres no misunderstanding, this weekend I will be running an event from

10am my time (+9.30GMT)

The post enabling that event will be put up at a minimum 12 hours before which will give folk enough time to organise character reactions, but won't give folk enough time to over-react to the implications of the event.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 23 2012, 8:17 AM 

Player

Sadly, this friday (saturday for me) I will be unavailable. Though usually I should be able to make it around those times with forcing myself to get up early on saturday ;)

Gobbledygook

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2014, 8:22 AM 

Player

Thought this might be the best spot for this. Should we update this Khem forum? Some of the stickies topics seem outdated/etc, and not in line with the current state of affairs. Who is in charge of doing this?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]