View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Strom

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 25 2012, 4:56 AM 

Player

A sealed scroll case arrives in Khem, making it's way to the hands of the senior officials. Specifically, those in Djedet.

Quote:
Friends and Allies of the Dwarves,
I write to you in these trying times to officially inform of our current state of affairs, and to cement our alliances and bonds further into the future. I should ask that his document be kept secure due to the nature of it's contents, and to stem any rumor mongering that may rise should it be circulated.

As some of you may know, we have recently come under attack from a hostile force. A great horde of orcs, orog, fiendish ogrillon and frost giants have amassed upon our Isle. Our intelligence, at this time, indicates that they have been massed to serve the interests of the demon lord Dagon, on our mortal plane. We know of at least one powerful warlock that attempted to invade Barak Runedar via our mines from the Underdark, this attack was successfully thwarted by the efforts of valiant defenders of the Hold and for the time being we have been able to maintain our tunnel defenses in light of this new threat.

Most recently dark magics have been wrought upon our hold, a great blizzard has been loosed upon us. Battering the outer walls and attempting to punch holes in our defenses. Thus far we have held against the attacks and skirmishes, but the true weight of the horde has yet to try itself against us. Recently the local barbarian tribes have been set upon by this great enemy, being forced to join with them, or perish. With each tribe they conquer the horde grows in size and threat.
Barak Runedar is actively sheltering a tribe which we managed to, in part, save from annihilation - and is now serving as a staging area for other refugees who fled in wake of the horde. Our thanks go out to the Salandrans at this time for responding so swiftly to our plea for help in dealing with this influx of poor souls.

Secondly, we have not forgotten the threat in Khem. Whilst our enemies are simmering and awaiting for attack, the people of Mulhorand are beset by demonic forces in all out war. High Councillor Reddock Bloodaxe will continue to serve as our envoy to the people of Djedet, and it's surrounds.
Also, a number of Dwarven artisans and masons will be sent to supervise and aid in the construction of the new fortress. Though given our current situation, they're numbers will be limited - we are sending our best, this team of Dwarves have decades of experience and skill, and should be able to pool their skills to handle the most complex aspects of architecture and building. Also, I myself will be journeying back and forth to Khem with the view of establishing a pool of resources in Guldorand, allowing supplies to be massed, then transported to Mulhorand as soon as we are able - and in as much bulk as the portal will allow.

Finally, the War Knights have had lodgings in the Barak Runedar barracks made ready for them should be they be aiding with our defenses at the Hold. The military installation in the centre of the Port has been designated the staging area for defensive preparations, and planning. To the noble Knights of the Triad we send a plea for information regarding the demon lord Dagon, and his cultists. If you have anything in your archives to help us prepare for attack, we would be eternally grateful. Should your Knights be willing to aid the wounded and wary please make contact with me at your discretion, I shall forward any matters regarding military personnel to Councillor Whurak Valtensson - Acting Chair of Military.

May we stand against the darkness,

Councillor Grimdur Bari'Var of Barak Runedar
Tribune of Foreign Affairs.

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

fairdady

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 04 2012, 0:44 AM 

Player

A letter arrives with the seal of Barak Runedar

Friends and allies, you've received this letter as a summons to the citadel of Barak Runedar on the morning of the 7th day of Marpenoth. Send a representative with authority to speak on the behalf of your people for planning and discussions. The time is past to coordinate informations gathered and formulate an attack plan and defenses. We have dallied long enough! Join us friends and allies in defeating this evil, eradicating our foes from this realm, and restore a measure o peace to Barak Runedar, Brogendenstein, and beyond.

~Signed
High Councilor Reddok BloodAxe

// Going to have this meeting in place of our usual council meeting @ 15:00 GMT (10AM EST -5 GMT) on Sunday 10/7.

Sig by Jaydn- Dragon by Jes

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 04 2012, 4:06 AM 

Tester

[Mahir sends a response informally to Reddok. His penmanship is not the usual strong strikes but rather childlike and rounded.]

Reddok,

I will be there

-Mahir

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]