View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
fairdady

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 05 2012, 23:58 PM 

Player

Finally having a morning schedule fairly clear the red haired dwarf stepped out of the portal beside the ley onto the sands. The mildly extreme shift in temperature from Brogendenstein to Djedet sent a shiver up his spine as his plate warmed rapidly. Stomping around the town he took the opportunity to check on any interesting wares from Azizi but the selection was nothing new and the dwarf let him hear about it. At the sound of their customary greeting Red glances back to see the Sekhry standing there greeting him.

Joined by Muhir's dutiful wife and a pair of other he was unfamiliar with pleasantries were exchanged and plain common banter about plans and duties passed between them. Eventually the subject of the Stronghold envisioned by the Silver Scale's seer came around. Reddok explained that he had obtained full permissions to utilize one of the two underground teams to help in it's construction. It was then the High Councilor was informed the Sekhry wished to have the aging Temple of the Eight surveyed for the possibility of foregoing the construction of the stronghold but to offer repair and some fortifications to the temple to house their people in the time of need.

The dwarf was displeased at the unadvised changes which will cause a backlash upon him within the citadel ranks he was sure. Yet kept his most of his opinions to himself trying to show disrespect to the proud Muhir and his wife. He agreed to survey the temple and report his findings a bit later he was off back home. A few days later he received a letter from Kala, the appointment was set.

After meeting with Kala as directed the pair made their way from Djedet out to the old temple. While on their journey they were forced to contend with several foes of the desert dwelling lizard tribes and wailing spirits through the rift. Reddok couldn't help but wonder how the townsfolk's' exodus would be set upon by these foe. Once they did arrive at the temple Reddok wasted no time in starting the survey, first inspecting and going thoroughly over outside and upper level of the Temple of the Eight.

Being satisfied he couldn't glean anymore structural clues from the outside of the temple Red takes a close look at the entries and their counter weight mechanisms. He was quite pleased both doors opened and closed freely after the centuries, even the dwarf had to be impressed. Kala lead Reddok into the aging temple to continue his inspection, they weren't far in before the dwarf spotted some damage. He takes a closer look trying to determine if it's just a few stone deco panels that couldn't take the turning of time or somthing more serious. Next he begins looking over the weight bearing walls and pillars. Not seeing any more damage or real concern they move deeper in eventually making into the rooms dedicated to their deities after dispatching several grave robbers. The only obvious sign of further damage was a troubling portion of the stone floor. Upon closer survey it appeared the sub flooring below the stone was fairly in tact, Reddok surmised the broken stone of the floor may have been caused more recently by said grave robbers.

Reddok and Kala eventually make their way down into the lower chambers of the temple inspecting the large pillars beneath the old structure seeming holding most the place up. His concerns in this area didn't come from stone or the apparently well built temple, but from the scores and scores of Sahuagin that assaulted the duo. By the looks of it they had compromised a door heading out to the coast. The door obviously would need replaced and fortified to keep the bloodthirsty creatures out of the temple.

Satisfied that he's seen and and took the samples of stone, wood, and mortar he needed to finish his report for the Sehkry Kala and the dwarf make the hostile return journey to Djedet. After giving his thanks to Kala for being his guide of the their sacred grounds he returned to Barak Runedar where the dangers of Brogendenstein turned against the citadel causing his report to linger for far to long...

// If a DM could give a brief description of any concerns Reddok surveyed in or out of the temple structurally we'd greatly appreciate it. Sorry for how long it took to get this posted the RP of it was awhile back, RL has been unkind to me here of late. Thank you Gul for the RP and guide, thank you players within the plot, and thank you DMs as always!

Sig by Jaydn- Dragon by Jes

fairdady

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 08 2012, 15:24 PM 

Player

Staying up late after the tactical meeting in Barak Runedar, Reddok having taken some samples from the Temple of the Eight to Master Treborious the pair worked late going over them thoroughly. The master Architect points out to his pupil the tiny minute fracturing within some of the stone samples compared to a different type of fracturing in other samples. Treborius explained the difference in the breakdown of the stone one being caused by the constant cycle of being soaked and drying out due to water intrusion, the other cracks created by seismic activity from within the ground itself.

Next they move onto samples of plaster and wood discovering that they have been permeated with moisture and mold, rot having set in long ago. At this discovery they test the ancient mortar compound and find it has indeed been compromised. Reddok thanks Master Architect Treborius for his time and wisdom, he exits and pens a report sending it to Sekhry Muhir.

Quote:
Sekhry,

After further investigation of the samples I took from the Temple I am afraid I cannot recommend it's use as shelter and a Stronghold against the forces o Anubis. The inside of the place is permeated with moisture and mold, if the place doesn't collapse our from under yer people the mold may surely sicken them all. The lower levels have been compromised by exposure to the seawater for so very long the stone of the main pillars crumbles under stress. And there are signs of seismic fractures within some of the stone.

To small groups such as the graverobbers, the place can withstand the forces and stress. You pack the place with yer folk and yer bound fer a disaster within.

~Signed
High Councilor Reddok BloodAxe

// Thank you DM Fabian for the reply and info.

Sig by Jaydn- Dragon by Jes

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 09 2012, 6:02 AM 

Tester

The reply is sent

Quote:
Reddok,

I thank you and the dwarves for their expertise in the matter. To my untrained and perhaps biased eye, i believed the most holy of holys to be perfect in all its ways. Let us begin once more with the matter of a shelter within the rock of Khem's Cliff's themselves as previous.

-Mahir

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]