View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Dead

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 12 2011, 18:19 PM 

Player

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

== Undead Varieties II (Creatures of Tarkuul) ==
by Lucius Blackwater

Prologue:

In this book I shall focus on the undead varietiest that could be found in the Living City of Tarkuul.
Some of these are already mentioned in the first tome of the Undead Varieties, hence I shall not write
about them in the retrospection but I will rather make a notice of the creature and direct the reader
to the first tome of this book. Aswell as the first one, this second part of the Undead Varieties edition
will be a subject to changes, since the new creatures may appear, as the old ones may vanish.
Additionally, the knowledge of the creatures mentioned could be expanded therefore the nature of
the following text is aswell a subject to changes and should not be takes as the ultimate truth.

Contents:

Allip
Bone Golem
Ghast
Ghoul
Revenant
Shadow
Skeleton warrior
Spectre
Tyrantfog zombie
Wight
Wraith
Zombie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

======================
Allip
-----------------------------

Mentioned in the Undead Varieties I
Please refert to it for further informations.

======================
Bone Golem

- Non-sentient
- Corporeal
- Non-feeding

A bone golem is built from bones of assorted creatures. Their height and weight may vary, depending
on the type of creatures they are made of. Bone golems wear no clothing, but may be bound
together by rope, leather straps, or some other means. Bone golems are more often created as
guardians intended to intimidate intruders rather than to assist in dangerous tasks or be personal
bodyguards. Additionally a bone golem may be armored and equipped by various weapons. Due to
their size, it is possible to have them carry large weapons in one hand, which gives them the
advantage of dual-wielding such. Although not strictly undead, golems are magical automatons that
can be created by transferring some life for or elemental spirit into an inanimate object. As such, they
are a perfect topic of study, experimentation, and creation for the nercomancer, particulary the
Anatomist or the Undead Master. One might imagine that a bone golem is simple to assemble, since
the bones are easy to obtain and since it does not degrades as swiftly as flesh. However, for the
creation of the Bone Golem requires the bones of the undead creatures.

======================
Ghast

======================
Ghoul

======================
Revenant

- Sentient
- Corporeal

Revenants are the spirits of the evilest and most horridly ambitious of mortals, given form by their
wretched undying desires. Appearing as grey or ochre-skinned humanoids, a large amount of sand and
dust has been accrued and compacted into a grotesque semblance of its former self. Revenants
stand about 6 feet, and weigh 180 pounds. Revenants are souls re-embodied to achieve a specific
end in the mortal world. They're not the undead remains of someone, but they are undead to a
degree. The revenant's goal might be something the soul failed to accomplish in its previous life, but
it's just as likely something the goddess of fate wants done. They are originally created by the Raven
Queen. Above all else, revenants wish to live again, to supplant their transitory body moulded from
grayed dust for a real, living form. Their torture is in knowing but being unable to accept that they
are forever doomed to take this cursed shape, and as such harbour towards any living creature a vile,
envious hatred that defies description.

======================
Shadow

- Sentient
- Incorporeal
- Feeding

More information coming soon.

======================
Skeleton Warrior

- Sentient
- Corporeal
- Non-feeding

This undead creation is formed when a necromancer binds the spirit of a powerful fighter into a
specifically prepared circlet, often using a certain spell I will not reveal in this book. Unlike their
distant relatives, skeleton warrior retains all of the abilities, intellect, and personality it possessed in
life, exept that it must obey, as a willing slave, whoever wears the circlet. Not suprisingly, all
skeleton warriors seek to obtain the circlet containing their souls so that they may destroy it and rest
in peace.

Note: I am yet unsure weather the skeletons of Tarkuul are skeleton warriors or the regular ones, but
taking into consideration the weight of the duty they are preforming I would assume they are the
warrior type. Also, there is a certain advantage of having such guards in Tarkuul, but that again will
not be mentioned in this book, for such information, if truthful may be used against the city and its
dwellers.

======================
Spectre

- Sentient
- Incorporeal
- Possibly feeding on life force

Spectres are incorporeal undead often mistaken for ghosts or other such horrors. They haunt the
places where they died, retaining their sentience but now hating all living things. A spectre looks
much as it did in life and can be easily recognized by those who knew the individual or have seen the
individual’s face in a painting or a drawing. In many cases, the evidence of a violent death is visible
on its body, on its semitransparent, faintly luminous body. A spectre is roughly human-sized and is
weightless. The chill of death hangs in the air around it and lingers in the places they haunt. In close
combat, a spectre attacks with its numbing, life-draining touch. It makes full use of its incorporeal
nature, moving trough walls, ceilings and floors as it engages.

======================
Tyrantfog zombie

- Unsentient
- Corporeal
- Non-feeding

These wretched undead are the remains of the priests and worshippers of evil deities (possibly Cyric),
who have been struck down by the raw power of another evil deity. Tyrantfog zombies appear as
rotting corpses surrounded by lingering wisps of dark fog. The fog fills their lungs and trickles from
their noses and mouths. Their eyes and sharp finger-nails, as well as any exposed bone, glow with a
dim, emeral green light. Tyrangfot zombies attack with their claws, spreading the foul disease that
ended their mortal lives. They are smarter than normal zombies, and show cunning and at least a
primitive sense of tactics in their engagement. Still, they fight relentlessly, with no motive of
self-preservation. Hence I will classify them aswell as unsentient creatures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]