View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
IronAngel

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 02 2013, 10:24 AM 

Player

For the first time in five years, Cordor library has expanded its collections. New shelves house the Corpus Billiana collection. Two notices are posted by the entrance.

Quote:
Dear visitor,
The Commonwealth Library of Cordor gratefully accepts donations and is especially interested to support local authors. To maintain standards of quality, all titles are reviewed before they're added to the catalogs. If you wish to submit a book to our collections, please contact an employee for approval. The consultant curator Joon has time and interest in your work.

Quote:
In celebration of the freshly elect Minister of Finance, The Commonwealth Library proudly presents:

Corpus Billiana!

The corpus is a collection of new titles and additional copies of old favorites. You can expect such classics as Geography of Amia, volumes I and II, practical guides like Herbalism of Amia: A Primer, collected works of the famous bard Llewyn Forest, and the family favorite, Letters For Children. The collection is the culimation of months of work in various bookstores and libraries around the region and testament to the spirit of culture and learning the Commonwealth, at its best, can foster. It is our dream that not only can citizens always find useful and edifying literature to suit their needs, but that scholars from far and wide hear of the Gem of the Trackless Sea and how its troves of lore rival those of great Silverymoon or Waterdeep. We acknowledge the magnitude of the work ahead of us and our debt to the libraries and private bibliophiles of the island who donated or allowed us to copy their collections. From northern Kohlingen to far Khem and detached Triumvir, librarians scrambled to our aid. Our local merchants were no slower, and Hill's Bookstore managed to be the second largest contributor at very affordable prices.

I would also like to extend my personal gratitude to my partner, Secretary of the Press William Hurst, whose diligent review and selection of the collected material made this possible. Though he is too modest to admit, let it be known that without his discerning taste many of the new titles would have never reached the hands of the people. This collection is our gift to the Commonwealth. May this small step symbolise the beginning of an era of learning and prosperity under the prudent budgeting of Minister Eli Hodgewall.

On behalf of the Commonwealth Library,
Consultant Curator Joon of the Binder
1st of Tarsakh, 1381

The titles in the collection are organized loosely by topic. Not all of the tomes advertise their title on the cover, and some of them - namely, magical treatises from Kohlingen - have the author omitted even from the title page. This is not entirely unusual in the literary culture of the time, though, and probably doesn't stand out to the casual observer. In the shelves and catalogs, one would find the following titles and more:

Trades
Salandran Medical Review – Heal Potions, Friend or Foe?
Herbalism of Amia: A Primer
Basic Anatomy Manual
Letters For Children
The Diplomat, I
The Blake Compendium of Strategy
1001 Ways to Cook Sweetberries

Religion

The Stone Tablets of Salandra
The Missing Tenet: An Interpretive Study of Salandran Faith
Sharessan Hymns And Prayers
Writings on Sharessan Philosophy
The Kelemvorite Faith – Scriptum Eternus Candela
Scriptum Mortis
Veritas Vigilans – Testament to the Vigilant Truth of Helm
Meditations on Mystra
Of Kelemvor's Secret
At One With The Balance
The Nature of Faith
Reflections on Mystra

History, Places and People

A Brief Introduction to the Island of Amia
Story of Nabessa the Sword Saint
History of Hostility Between the Grove and the Shrine
Order of the Flaming Blade
Ruhn – An Anthropological Treatise
The Ma'at
The Ka, Ba, Akh, the Name and the Shadow
On the Goblins of Amia
Dragonkind – The Exalted Treatise
Geography of Amia I–II
History of Cordor I–II
Cordorian Travel
The History of Benwick
History of the Elves I–III
The Thayvian Influence I–II
The Sword Coast
The Rise and Fall of Netheril
The Ruins of Illusk
The Ten Standing Orders of Anevar
The Doombringers
Rival Orc Tribes and their Great Battles
Undead of Cordor
Undead Varieties
Undead Propagation

Poems, Songs and Stories
The City of Shade
The Works of Mikael of the Isle
Poetry from a Fey
A Collection of Silly Poetry About Pants
He Came From the Abyss
Bonnie Marrie
The Minstrel's Songbook
Arade's Songs
The Refugee
A Book of Dwarven Fairytales
Hey! Ho Ho!
Ranger's Refuge
The Imps' Prison
Unnamed by Toilian Stonethrower
The Battle at the Temple of Torm
Never Eat A Fey
The Tale of Dalor The Swift

Philosophy and Esoteric Miscellania

Call For Change
Seven Celestial Virtues
Amin Oht
An Essay Upon Good Intentions
Philosophy of the New Moon
Meldrium's Compendium of the Relative Everything
Theory of Existance and the Universe
The Lexicon of Paradigms
The Spellsword's Manifesto
Evaliir'Vel, or the Song of the Blade
On the Ethics of Magic
Oneiromancy: An Overview
Ethics of Oneiromancy and Dream Theory of Divination
A Treatise Upon Divination
Treatise on Arcane Artisanry
On the Collapsible Binding Orb
Volo's Guide to the Leyline/Mythal Phenomena
The Dangers of Magical Travel (which to learned readers seems quite familiar)
The Art of Naming I–III

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]