View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 186  Next
Grymia

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 24 2012, 22:40 PM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:
So you'd fall a paladin for using knockdown?

I could see KD used by a Paladin if the plan was to pin the opponent after to subdue them without killing them. Problem is, NWN doesn't allow that sorta option.

Lutra

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 24 2012, 23:49 PM 

Player

You can use knockdown but it is not elegant, I would say the same about the new devcrit. My paladin for example had to step back and wait till the devcrit effect disappeared from the foe. However, it is also a good chance to rp where you can offer him to yield to you.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2012, 1:05 AM 

Player

If you are a paladin 29/cleric1 and take Sun as your domain - do your turn undead scAle in damage from your paladin levels or your cleric ones?

Basically Im altering the concept a little to make the ULTIMATE undead hunter. Most probably a paladin of lathander.( Inspired by the Amaunator cleric actually)

D4rk5p1d3r

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2012, 3:39 AM 

Player

I believe it will take in account your paladin levels. You probably won't be as good as a cleric doing it but better than your average paladin

Gobbledygook

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2012, 6:54 AM 

Player

I'm trying out a Wizard 24 / KC 5 / Rogue 1. It will be focused around providing for a group, rather than being a spellsword type. Even still, I think I'd likely pack a trident/shield and AC items so that he can survive. The aim is to wear enough CHA gear for CHA to sit on 20 for the KC auras to work, and for Max Cat's to give maximum AC from chainmail.

He's a Sun Elf, so the stat changes are included in the starting stats.
Starting stats(Finishing in brackets):
STR 11 (12)
DEX 13
CON 14
INT 14 (20)
WIS 8
CHA 14 (16)

Preepic Feats: Skill Focus Discipline, Toughness, Brew Potion, Spell Penetration, Gr Spell Penetration, Extend Spell, Maximise Spell, KD, Blindfight, Weapon Focus Trident.
Epic: Epic Focus Trident, Armor Skin, Epic Spell Penetration, EMD, EMA, (Either Greater Ruin or Hellball for last feat.)

My questions are as follow:
Should I drop KD, Wep Focus Trident and Epic Focus Trident in order to pick up Spell Focus/Gr/Epic?
Is Blindfight necessary for a caster?
How does Tenser's Transformation work on Amia?

DerkDerkistan

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2012, 8:05 AM 

Player

Gobbledygook wrote:
My questions are as follow:
Should I drop KD, Wep Focus Trident and Epic Focus Trident in order to pick up Spell Focus/Gr/Epic?
Is Blindfight necessary for a caster?
How does Tenser's Transformation work on Amia?

I'm thinking that the Penetration feats are not so important without spell focuses. And even with a spell focus line, I'm not so sure I'd take the Penetration line with what seems to be a melee mage build. You could take a spell focus line for an extended Mummy Dust summon, if that suits you. I've got a caster with 23 caster levels and he could certainly use the doubled EMD that spell focuses would give.

I'd take Blindfight with that build since it looks like you'll be meleeing.

Sidebar -> Modifications: Spells -> Look for Tenser's Transformation.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2012, 8:54 AM 

Player

I would drop the melee feats. You're only fighting to occupy your time, you will have neither the AB nor the damage to actually do anything consequential - especially not a knockdown. And you'll only have 3 attacks per round. You can use your shield and trident for looks and to fill item slots, but you yourself said you don't mean to be a spellsword. And yeah, you probably should get Blindfight if you focus on melee, so you'd have to drop some other feat.

I would swap Spell Penetration for a focus in a disable school of your choice (can't remember the best disables in the game/arcane spell list, anymore). Dropping the melee feats and spell penetration gives you epic spell focus, craft wand and silent/empower spell, for example.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Ulir

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2012, 13:07 PM 

Player

You can easily lower charisma to 10 or even 8 and be able to reap the benefits of a K(f)C.

Those points you can put in intelligence and give your caster the boost he needs. And yeah, like mentioned, having epic spell focus helps a lot. Otherwise divination and abjuration are awesome for a party buffer (and even wiz spellsword).

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2012, 23:50 PM 

Player

I have a couple builds I've been thinking about doing for a monk. I want at least 20 monk levels in the build. I know going dexer is the cookie cutter version but I was toying around with maybe a Str build instead. I don't know much about the monk order, but I know Salamanders put emphasize on the stronger and bigger you are the more powerful so I thought maybe Str would rply make more sense. Would the AC on this be extreamly bad? Also not sure on what to do with the stats, that's the best I could come up with.

Race: Human, Fire Genasi LE Disciple of the Salamander

Strength Build Monk 20/5 BG/5 Master Scout
Stats: str:17(26) Dex:12 Con: 12 Wis:14 Int:13 Char:6
Pre Epic: Power Attack, Great cleave, Weapon Focus unarmed, Imp crit, spot, listen, disarm, improved disarm
Epic: Epic Weapon Focus, overwhelming crit, dev crit, armor skin Master scout bonus: Great str 1 and 2
Skills:Tumble 30, Disipline 33 masterscout required skills, rest undecided. if enough probably take 14 in spellcraft for the extra +3 saves

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 14:15 PM 

Developer

AC on a STR monk is heavily dependent on gear. You'll have to juggle your Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom, and Constitution gear, among everything else you'll want in a gear set. AKA he'll be pretty strapped tight.

The following calculation is assuming you max your dex and wis, AC will be:

10(base)+2(armor skin)+6(tumble)+4(monk)+7(dex)+8(wisdom) + 4(armor)+4(deflection)+4(natural)+5(dodge) = 54

54 AC is nice and dandy, especially when it's 58 hasted. Problem is,... you'd need to max both your dex and wis to attain that, I'm not exactly sure how you'd do that, especially when you want to max your STR as well. Oh, and the gloves slot will be unavailable because it will be used for monk gloves.

Anyways, if you go the BG route, you're probably better off going 21/4 instead of 20/5 monk/bg, bg 5 doesn't do much for you and the 21 monk gives you 10% more speed and 1 more unreducable SR.

Edit to add: Also, it's occurred to me that a monk/BG of Kossuth won't work without a request, since Kossuth doesn't support LE and BG is a divine class.

Last edited by The1Kobra on Thu, Apr 26 2012, 14:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.

oshizo2

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 14:35 PM 

Player

ILoveIceCream wrote:
I have a couple builds I've been thinking about doing for a monk. I want at least 20 monk levels in the build. I know going dexer is the cookie cutter version but I was toying around with maybe a Str build instead. I don't know much about the monk order, but I know Salamanders put emphasize on the stronger and bigger you are the more powerful so I thought maybe Str would rply make more sense. Would the AC on this be extreamly bad? Also not sure on what to do with the stats, that's the best I could come up with.

Pre Epic: Power Attack, Great cleave, Weapon Focus unarmed, Imp crit, spot, listen, disarm, improved disarm
Epic: Epic Weapon Focus, overwhelming crit, dev crit, armor skin Master scout bonus: Great str 1 and 2
Skills:Tumble 30, Disipline 33 masterscout required skills, rest undecided. if enough probably take 14 in spellcraft for the extra +3 saves

Well love i have to say that you have a flaw in your build from the get go. you are a fire genasi they only get 29 levels unless this has changed recently. the black guard levels won't do much. and since you'll only be taking four of whatever why not fighter and get weapon specialization just a thought witch would be monk 16/ fighter 4 ----->monk 4/ master scout 5 =29 your cap. just a thought hope it helps.

Oh by the way that'll get you 3 extra fighter feats so take greater cleave, power attack, and weapon spec as your bonus feats then you can fit in blind fight and great fortitude.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 14:39 PM 

Player

Fire genasi have no ecl

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 14:41 PM 

Player

The only STR monk i managed to fix efficiently was a 20 monk - 10 cleric. He used maximized cats, bulls, endurance and wisdom. That's +5 in all abilites and he could still not fit it all.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 16:29 PM 

Player

Cleric Of Salandara
I believe i am going to attempt a cleric of salandara. It falls well within the timeframe of the plague plot that has struck amia and seems like a good reason for a cleric of salandara to rise up and defend the isle from this thriving plague.

I've decided it is going to be a heavy caster cleric, emphasising of conjuration (To enchant healing spells)
Domains are going to be Community and Healing. (Because it will enable me to cast mass heal with circle 6-7-8 and 9 spells(Still spelled mass heals on circle 9)

This will also fulfil his role as an undead hunter. No undead is going to withstand my mass heal spam with epic spell focus conjuration. :)

Got any tips of how to do this fella?

Ps - The KC healing aura could be good to have maybe?

Last edited by Mobile_Svensk on Thu, Apr 26 2012, 16:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 16:31 PM 

Player

Pure Cleric

Aeqvinox

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 16:59 PM 

Player

KC's Medicant aura would work very well here because i'm assuming you will be maxing Heal skill. Cleric25/KC5 or Cleric23-24/KC5/*1-2, where * is Fighter/Monk/Paladin/Rogue/Anything-that-suits-the-character.

Pure cleric [or 29] with some charisma will have awesome turning, also 3 bonus epic spells and full spell penetration which are always worth considering.

But then again, cleric23/ftr2/kc5 will also have 3 (probably epic) bonus feats and the SR reducing aura...

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 17:04 PM 

Player

I'm still a big fan of the Hendrack model for Cleric awesomeness.

28 Cleric 1 Rogue 1 Ranger

28 Wisdom!

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 17:10 PM 

Player

Id really want the aoe healing honestly.
I may have to sprinkle some fighter levels to fit KC, else i will be to low on feats.

8 feats pre epic
1-2-3 extend, silent, maximize.
4-5 focus, greater focus
6-7 KC requirements.
8 ???

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 17:46 PM 

Player

AoE healing is for saps!

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 18:30 PM 

Player

ILoveIceCream wrote:

I chose blackguard for the rp of it, he would have made his pact with a Salamander for more power, from what I read you just need an evil outsider, doesn't specify devil/demon. And the aura looks cool, maybe put it up when he get's angry or when a water genasi is dissing Kossuth or something. Also it gives you a +2 dc to your dev crit. I could probably get rid of the Int since I won't be taking disarm so that's 2 I can put into dex and 1 in con or something. So Blindfight, what should my other pre epic feat be? His fort is going to be pretty good already being a monk/bg pre epic.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 18:52 PM 

Player

MoshingChris wrote:
AoE healing is for saps!

You can be a sap!

But in all honesty - i want to sprinkle in paladin, too. It would fit a salandarian cleric to be disease immune.
It would also impose some interesting rp restrictions on the cleric.

But how can i increase his healing even more?

14 int on a human is - 5 skills maxed(tumble crossclassed to 15)
Concentration
Disc
Spellcraft
And heal.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 19:08 PM 

Player

Aeqvinox wrote:
Pure cleric [or 29] with some charisma will have awesome turning, also 3 bonus epic spells and full spell penetration which are always worth considering.

Not sure if you meant to say what I think you said, but clerics can't pick Epic Spells from their bonus feats. Only class that can do that is Arcane casters.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 22:22 PM 

Player

Svensk, you could request a healing aura of some kind if you wanted. As a healer type, you're best served by going either pure cleric, or one of the builds Mosh offered.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 22:52 PM 

Player

I want my aura!

Im used to make extreme cookiecutters so now Im going to try the opposite. I just fear i will have to pick a tumbledump class as my third.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2012, 23:55 PM 

Player

Bobo_Underhill wrote:
Svensk, you could request a healing aura of some kind if you wanted. As a healer type, you're best served by going either pure cleric, or one of the builds Mosh offered.

But yeah. You're probably right. On a cleric, where you're allready low on skill points, you're suppose take Persuade 4 ranks, Taunt 4 ranks, Discipline 8 ranks and Lore 4 ranks
8 discipline = 16 points crossclassed.
Taunt 4 = 8 points crossclassed

Plus two feats for skill focus disc; and toughness.

I will have to forfeit 2 epic spells and not grab the second epic spell focus i wanted either. Ghnnnn
Yeah. I will put the cleric / KC on the shelf and focus on something with moar cleric levels.

Aeqvinox

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 27 2012, 11:51 AM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:
I want my aura!

I just fear i will have to pick a tumbledump class as my third.

Don't be silly, cross class the Tumble and you'll have almost the same AC as a STR melee type with Tumble dump, due to Magic Vestment. Casters don't need to rely so heavily on AC.

Cleric23/KC5/Pala2. Take 1 Pala before KC to dump the required skills, you'll have Fear and Disease immunity also.

I would also consider dropping Maximize, and yeah i know why you want it, but considering you'll be a walking fountain of healing anyway, you need to think about how you want to resolve combat.

With that feat gone, you can take the second Epic Spell Focus, and Evocation is the way to go. Stun, Daze, Blind or Kill stuff before it gets close to you. If it does, well you will have 12 regeneration per round without items.

Tomato Sword wrote:
Aeqvinox wrote:

Not sure if you meant to say what I think you said, but clerics can't pick Epic Spells from their bonus feats. Only class that can do that is Arcane casters.

Aeqvinox wrote:
3 bonus epic spells

Feats! I meant feats of course, dammit >.<

Brother Joe

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 0:52 AM 

Player

For a melee caster with an AC of 52. What is more useful, Armor skin (+2AC) or Epic Ruin and please explain your opinion. If you think that Armor Skin is better what AC cut off would you consider it less useful than Epic Ruin.

THANKS

Slightly Almighty

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 7:11 AM 

Player

Ok, so I was told that since I have no skills what so ever with making up a good build, that this is where I should go to ask my questions. So here I am, and I have a few questions that in my opinion aren't very small. I apologise in advance for my ignorance. :)

I was thinking of making a character with the RDD/sorcerer/Knight commander classes taking all 5 levels of knight commander and at least 10 levels of RDD, but i can't decide how many levels of sorcerer or RDD over 10th I really want or need for a solid build. With RDD 10/ Sorcerer 1/ Knight commander 5, that still leaves 14 levels to play around with. I also don't know squat about feat or skill selection. So I guess my questions are:

1) What would be the most solid spell caster build class combination with these three classes?

2) What feats would make this class build strongest as a buffer type aid to a party?

3) What skills would make this build work best in combat and in markets?

4) Are there feat prerequisites that I have to meet with my skills to make this a solid build?

5) What base stats would be recommended to start with on creation of this character?

I plan to role play out the rituals for RDD class levels and I plan for this to be a Green scale with a Human base. Thanks in advance for any help any of you can give me, I really am clueless when it comes to making builds.

Uncle-Opustus

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 8:37 AM 

Player

The thing is that three is the maximum number of classes your character can have. I recommend you make your Dragon Disciple into a melee caster as there are many things to ease your troubles in that (such as Tenser's Transformation, see this page) and because you lack the spell power, namely the sorcerer levels, to be a proper caster.

First of all, if you play your caster solely as a buffer in PvM (player versus mob or monster), you're doing something horribly wrong. Even though that alone is a great aid to the party, there is so much more a sorcerer can offer. You are expected to constantly debilitate the enemy spawns with various spells, but this is something most people forget when playing their casters. I cry blood every time I see people being that lazy.

Anyway, to systematically tackle your questions:
1) I would go with a Sorcerer21/KC5/RDD4. Many say that going with less than 10 levels of Dragon Disciple is cheesy and bad, but I think it is ridiculous the player is even given the option to take less than 10 levels of it if it's being frowned upon. 4 levels of RDD makes you scaly and dragonblooded all the same.

You would want to take Sorcerer21 for the spell power part. In nerd terminology we talk of CL, caster levels, that determines how many rounds/turns/hours your spells last and how easy or hard they are to dispel and how potent your own spells are to dispel others and pass their possible spell resistance. While Sorcerer21 serves to increase spell duration and durability, it also nets you an epic spell. They're rather nice. Melee casters often tend to opt for Epic Mage Armour to grant them extra protection, because that hit die 4 makes you frail like a sewer rat.

2) For feats you should take the most basic caster feats to empower your capability of being a buffstick. Extend spell and Maximise spell are enough for your needs. Maximise you can use to make your ability buffs roll an automatic 5, making your gearing much more dynamic, but also to maximise the number of certain offensive spells you have to spam in combat. Extend spell is superior for the sole reason that it doubles the duration of your buffs, but also it grants significant motility with your spells so that you don't spend the ones most precious to a caster all too soon.

As for the rest you should aim for basic melee feats: Weapon focus, Improved critical, Blindfight, Knockdown, etc. We'll probably have to handle with the specifics later on when you form yourself a clearer picture of what you desire of the build.

3) Skills: Discipline, Concentration, Spellcraft, Tumble as cross-class. That is perhaps the most usual set of skills for any caster to take. You may also want to consider taking Spot for detecting sneakers, but it will require further finetuning with the gear, which may be a bother for someone not well accustomed to the items and mechanics of the server. If you work it out though, it would do you a great favour in regards to learning the game.

4) None other important than the ones you must take for DD and KC.

5) If you choose try out a melee caster they'd be something along the lines of:
STR 16 -> 20 (one Great Strength feat to even the score)
DEX 8
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 16 -> 20

I hope all this gives you a clue however vague.

mirvala-

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:27 AM 

Player

I have been trying to figure out what would be best for my caster-oriented cleric. (Feat wise)
So, here's what I have at the moment, and will follow what I hesitate on.

1: Toughness
3: Spell Focus: Evocation
6: Zen Archery
9: (Will take) Extend Spell
12:
15:
18:
---
21:
23: Bonus: Great Wisdom I
24:
26: Bonus:
27:
29: Bonus:
30:

I would like to fit in Maximise Spell, ESF: Evocation, Probably the Air Elemental EMD and maybe a bit of Spell Penetration, combined with the Highest Wisdom Score possible.

I am going pure Cleric, and am going to end with max'd Concentration and Heal as skills.

My ears are all open!

EDIT: Domains are : Air and Renewal, if that brings matter!

And abilities are as follow, actually:
STR: 10
DEX: 10
CON: 12
INT: 10
WIS: 20 (Right now, going to end with 26. 38 with items)
CHA: 12

aka AgentOfLyumis

Uncle-Opustus

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:37 AM 

Player

Take Maximise, GSF: Evocation and Silent for the vacant pre-epic ones. For epic feats, just choose ESF: Evocation and a mix of Great Wisdom and epic spells to your liking. Spellcraft is also useful, and I might even consider Discipline as a cross-class skill in case I ever came across a pair of dem crazy +30 gloves.

serbiris

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:45 AM 

Player

Don't bother with spell penetration. You may/may not get it on an item (depending on alignment, since I'm assuming no UMD) but with pure cleric you won't have a lot of trouble with SR anyway, and you're kind of feat-starved.

Greater Spell Focus: Evoc and Maximize Spell cover 2/3 of your pre-epics and that leaves one more... Craft wand can be nice, SF: Conj for beating up undead. Possibly blindfight for shooting things? Oh, and people like using either still or silent spell to fill 9th level slots with earthquake, you may wish to consider that.

Epic feats: EMD, ESF: Evoc, Greater Ruin, Armour Skin. Hellball if you're feeling crazy. You've listed Great Wisdom 1, you may want to go 2 (or drop one of the other feats and go Great Wisdom 3 if that keeps it even). Order doesn't matter much but keep in mind epic bonus feats on cleric are somewhat restrictive, and getting the spellcraft necessary for Hellball can be costly if you've got lowish int.

Better builders than I might suggest less Great Wisdom and more Epic fort/ref/skill foci. Hard to have too much fort!

@Thanatopsis#6293

IronAngel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:48 AM 

Player

Not sure what I was doing with Kalliniel. He's a Dex-based melee bard/ftr, the bladesinger type.

I'm currently 23/5 Bard/Ftr. Was I going 25/5 for +1 AC/-1 AC on Bard/Curse Song, or 24/6 for one more feat?

I got Lasting Inspiration, ESF: Perform, EWF: Rapier and EWS: Rapier so far. Do I go 6 Fighter for Armor Skin and Epic Prowess, or just settle with Armor Skin?

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 11:59 AM 

Player

IronAngel wrote:
Not sure what I was doing with Kalliniel. He's a Dex-based melee bard/ftr, the bladesinger type.

I'm currently 23/5 Bard/Ftr. Was I going 25/5 for +1 AC/-1 AC on Bard/Curse Song, or 24/6 for one more feat?

I got Lasting Inspiration, ESF: Perform, EWF: Rapier and EWS: Rapier so far. Do I go 6 Fighter for Armor Skin and Epic Prowess, or just settle with Armor Skin?

You don't really need ESF: Preform on a level 25 bard. There's enough gear out there to max your preform out anyway. And once you get Epic gloves of preform, you don't need it anyway.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 12:08 PM 

Player

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3403/castercleric.png This is how far i've gotten with my Salandran Cleric (Healing and Community as his domains)

I still mourn that i could not fit KC in the mix without loosing en masse of boons

Uncle-Opustus

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 12:11 PM 

Player

I'd say that Bard/Fighter 25/5 is definitely better than 26/4. You don't suffer from a lack of feats unless you intend to do something crazy like taking Dev. And even then Bard26/Fighter2/CoT2 would be better.

But nuh, don't take Fighter6. You can live without Epic Prowess and ESF: Perform is effectively +6 Fort unless you find a pair of +30's, which seems unlikely to happen with your playing.

Oh, and going Bard16/Fighter3/CoT1 pre-epic and ending with Bard25/Fighter4/CoT1 is totally free of cost for a tidbit higher saves.

Svensk, you should know how to build a cleric by now without our confirmation. It's good.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 12:12 PM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:
IronAngel wrote:

You don't really need ESF: Preform on a level 25 bard. There's enough gear out there to max your preform out anyway. And once you get Epic gloves of preform, you don't need it anyway.

Well thank you for that useful piece of advice, but I've had that feat for over three years. :D

And it's still pretty useful. Epic GLoves of Perform are lame, I'd rather use the ones that give me extra spellslots. Swapping three or four items between buffing and fighting is also pretty boring.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 12:12 PM 

Player

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Svensk, you should know how to build a cleric by now without our confirmation. It's good.

I know how to do it, But always dubblecheck :)

mirvala-

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 12:48 PM 

Player

So...
3: SF: Evocation
9: Extend Spell
12: Maximise Spell
15: GSF: Evocation
18: WF: Longbow or SF: Conjuration
---
21: ESF: Evocation
23: Great Wisdom I
24: EMD: Air Elemental or Outsider
26: Great Wisdom II
27: GWF: Longbow or GSF: Conjuration
29: Great Wisdom III
30: EWF: Longbow or ESF: Conjuration or Epic Prowess.

Total of 28 Wisdom.

What do you think?

aka AgentOfLyumis

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 12:53 PM 

Player

mirvala- wrote:
So...
---

Total of 28 Wisdom.

What do you think?

Remove 1: Toughness
Replace with 1: Silent spell/Still spell.

You want to be able to silent spell or still spell a mass heal or five if you have ESF Conjuration.

I would also advice taking ESF: Evocation -Most evocation spells in the cleric's repertoire are awesome

mirvala-

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 13:00 PM 

Player

The character already is made ^^

And as stated in what you quoted, I will take ESF: Evoc' :3

aka AgentOfLyumis

mirvala-

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 13:07 PM 

Player

mirvala- wrote:

I just invented a new feat right there... Greater Weapon Focus... Thank you, insomnia!

aka AgentOfLyumis

Ulir

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:08 PM 

Player

mirvala- wrote:
So...
---

Total of 28 Wisdom.

What do you think?

I think you should go

6: Great Fortitude
12: GSF: Evocation
15: Maximise Spell
18: Silent Spell
---
27: Greater Ruin
30: Epic Skill Focus: Discipline or Concentration

Launching three arrows a round isn't that impressive. You will get more from increased defenses and focus on your spellcasting.

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:20 PM 

Player

What are the hopes of finding a decent WIZ/CLR build?

(try not to laugh too hard :P)

Bini

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:23 PM 

Player

As in a mystic theurge?

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:29 PM 

Player

Glim wrote:

If you find a decent wizard/druid one while your at it...

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:33 PM 

Player

Bini wrote:
As in a mystic theurge?

Maybe? I wasn't planning on emulating any prestige class necessarily (although also wouldn't be against it if it was fitting). Was more just a general question about whether there was something that would work half-decently with NWN mechanics.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:34 PM 

Player

NinjaClarinet wrote:
Glim wrote:

If you find a decent wizard/druid one while your at it...

Maybe 24+ cleric/5 wiz for Haste, Greater Dispelling immunity, and such (I have no idea what a Mystic Theurge is like, if that's actually what you are looking for)?

Same thing druid-wise?

I have no idea really haha.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Ulir

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:51 PM 

Player

Glim wrote:

Well, having equal levels of each would be easily dispelled. Your spells would be mediocre in terms of penetration, damage and durability. I would suggest one of the two classes being in focus. What alignment and race would you go with? And what of the two classes would you fancy focusing on the most?

Mystic Theurges are spellcasters mainly, right?

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 29 2012, 22:59 PM 

Player

Probably more heavy on the wizard than the cleric.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 186  Next