View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

ainjyll

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2012, 3:36 AM 

Player

This thread is for clarification on either the more complex or less common rules and guidelines for occurrences within Amia. If you feel that something is missing, feel free to inquire on this thread and the DM team will see if it needs to be added to the list.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

ainjyll

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2012, 3:37 AM 

Player

Slave PC's:

:arrow: Require DM approval.
:arrow: Can not level past CL 2.
:arrow: Can not own weapons, magic items or armor (Mundane AC0 cloth is acceptable).
:arrow: Can not possess gold unless only temporarily to carry out an errand.
:arrow: Can not escape under any conditions. Ever. Being set free by the "master" PC or through DM oversight is, however, acceptable.
:arrow: Subject to being ignored for extended periods of time.
:arrow: Subject to permadeath at the will of the "master" PC.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

ainjyll

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2012, 3:38 AM 

Player

Alts & You (A love story)

The DM team understands the allure of playing multiple characters that may or may not cross paths from time to time. Therefore, multiple characters under the control of one player are not allowed any direct communication whatsoever. Under no circumstances should Joe Blow's Character A and Character B ever directly exchange information, converse or otherwise interact in any way.

When a player is in doubt, the DM team highly suggests that the player err on the side of caution or ask a DM about the specific circumstance.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 26 2012, 3:56 AM 

Player

Spell VFX:

The visual results of spells are visible to other PC's and fall under the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) rule. For example, a spell that causes leaves to whirl around a PC or the stone VFX from Stoneskin actually makes the player look like they have leaves whirling around them or are made of stone.

The two exceptions to this rule are the circulating dots emitted from auras and invisibility. A PC does not see a whirl of red dots orbiting a Blackguard nor are the auras of a Knight Commander visible (though any PC will feel the effects should they enter an aura) just as a character under invisibility that eases too close to another character can be seen by the game engine, however unless your character has True Seeing or See Invisibility enchanted on them they do not see the character. These VFX's are left for ease of game play and are not visible in an In Character sense.

Silent2001

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 08 2012, 14:43 PM 

Player

Homebrew Rules:

Here at Amia we wish to hold our setting to a high standard to reflect our changing stance to a more roleplay focused server. To that end any Homebrew lore created by players has to be vetted by the DM team to ensure the lore does not conflict with any pre-existing canon. Things which definitely need to be submitted include, but are not limited to, the creation of completely new cultures, lands and races. The use of existing canon cultures, lands and races with minor tweaks or twists are usually alright.

If in doubt PM a DM and they will tell you whether or not your background needs to be approved.

PaladinOfSune

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 30 2013, 16:26 PM 

Player

PnP Spells and Abilities:

Pen-and-paper (PnP) spells may be used so long as your character would have actual reason to know that spell and the people involved agree to the use of that spell. A DM may also approve use of a PnP spell, and may approve such use regardless of permission from other players in limited situations.

PaladinOfSune

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 30 2013, 16:32 PM 

Player

OOC Item Restrictions

There are a few items in-game with the descriptions of 'OOC Restriction: must only be used by x'. You may safely ignore these except for the Arcane Archer arrows; the rest are outdated descriptions which need to be removed.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 04 2018, 18:05 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
As a new rule, the DM staff has decided that characters with wings cannot hide them under cloaks.

Wings which are large enough to carry the weight of a humanoid sized creature are by far too large to be hidden under a tiny sheet of cloth like a cloak. They'd always stick out unless you maybe wear a tent, but I guess we all agree that's not a very great disguise idea.

Please keep this rule in mind and use the cloaks which show the wings. We have plenty of those available.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70623

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 05 2018, 19:11 PM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Do not advertise other NWN Servers on our forums.

It is petty, rude and does not belong here.

We do not do it to other servers and I will not tolerate it being done here.

If you do it anyways I will remove it. If you are not an active member of this community and have nothing better to do than try to petty fish for our players, I will remove you along with your post.

There is nothing to flame or say any more about this so this topic is locked, it is simply making you aware of this.

P.S. I actually went out of my way to do/post this during my holiday via my mobile. Congratulations.

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:10 AM 

DM

Temporary and Permanent City/Settlement bans- active guard (and similar) PC in a city or PC which share a leading role with NPCs, can issue a ban from a city without any DM assisstance of a maximum period of 31 RL days.

- If such ban is issued, the player needs to be informed when his ban starts and ends (and that he/she is banned). Either IC or OOC, preferably both.

- If a longer ban is wanted (/warranted in the eyes of the PC(s)), the full case needs to be sent to the DM team for review, for the actual city ruling authorities to decide over such a drastic measure.

- Should the team decide a longer ban is valid (either by having been witness through NPC already or by making sure they heared enough parties IC) they are to inform the player of length and the reason (to the necessary degree) of the ban. Depending on city, a trial for long term/extreme criminals (mass murder, destruction of an integral part of the city, etc.) may be held if the suspect is caught. If such a trial is held and the criminal judged guilty of high crimes, they need to be aware that not only permanent banishment from the city can be a form of punishment, but also a longer term imprisonment**.

- If the accused does not show to the trial, he can be judged without his defense. If he shows, he has to be heard.

- Permantenly banned can ask (IC) for appeal after 3 months and the appeal has to be reviewed by the DM team. (However, if such is granted is of course entirely dependant on the circumstances of the banishment and the behavior in the meantime.

**Long term imprisonment- DM decision only. Team decision only. A long term imprisonment that is longer than 7 days (up to 7 days is alright as asingle DM decision; 1 day is the max of single player decision, as is now already, unless the other player willingly agrees to longer) is decided by whole DM Team, not by the players and not by a single DM. No exceptions. (player consent aside, of course)

- Long Term imprisoned need to be given the option to write letters of appeal and to RP with the guards / make an attempt to escape or be freed, at least twice a month (a.e. DM attention). Player guards can and are encouraged to RP with them outside of this of course.

- Long term imprisoned are can to ask for an appeal after 3 months and have another trial, if they want to promise betterment. (This can be denied if they have been caught in the attempt of an escape or if they commited new issues in their time of imprisonment like attacking guards etc).

(Link to topic.)

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:14 AM 

DM

Dragon Disciple AlignmentsNow that more people are inclined to dip heavily into RDD, we will pull the lore that comes with it a bit tighter. Especially since you get free, additional appearance changes, without having to proof your ritualistic RP.

The rules for level 1-10 RDD remain the same. You may be 1 step out of alignment in any direction.

If you go past level 10 RDD (so 11-20) this gets tightened to only 1 step on the same good/evil/neutral axis.

This means the following for our standard RDD races (from level 11 RDD onwards):

Green: LE or NE
Blue: LE or NE
Black: CE or NE
White: CE or NE
Red: CE or NE

Shadow: CE or NE

Gold: LG or NG
Silver: LG or NG
Copper: CG or NG
Brass: CG or NG
Bronze: LG or NG

At this point you simply are getting so close to your dragon heritage, in mind and appearance, that as a metallic being not good or a chromatic being not evil, is not reasonably possible.

P.S. Any other dragon types than our default are not listed here, as they require a request anyways.

(Link to topic.)

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2019, 1:16 AM 

DM

Dragon Disciple/Palemaster IC ConsequencesThis was already ruled almost a year ago by the team, but it appears it was forgotten to be posted publicly.

A Dragon Disciple or Palemaster past 10 levels of this class, has gone down the line of altering and bending their body to an extend that makes it irreversible.

It is a willing action and decision of a PC to make. Up until level 10 of said classes, it can still be "changed" with a lot of effort and RP, past that, they are beyond returning to a "normal" state.

Please be aware of this, if you pick those classes.

(Link to topic.)

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 06 2020, 15:03 PM 

DM

Dragon Disciple: Removal of Levels
  • No removal of Dragon Disciple levels after level 8. This is due to the wings (or whatever trait you choose otherwise) growing in and the Intelligence enhancement at level 9, which symbolize the first major culmination of mental and physical acceptance of the character's lineage. (This is for characters made on or after April 6th, 2020. Characters made prior to this will still be able to willfully remove levels if the RP is appropriate, up to level 10.)
  • We have a DM NPC who can facilitate the removal of Dragon Disciple levels, when the RP is appropriate and falls in the above guidelines. As with all such situations, it will require a rebuild request. The NPC will make herself available to the character in question when needed, following an approval.
  • Dragon Disciples can be stripped of Dragon Disciple levels by the same NPC, if the Team deems it necessary. This will not be done lightly and will only occur if the Team approaches a player about the lore conflict and the player refuses to amend for the sake of server lore continuity. Please refer to the guidelines listed here if you're uncertain about Amia Dragon Disciple lore.

(This supercedes the above ruling about level 10 Dragon Disciples, effective for characters made on or after April 6th, 2020. The ruling for Palemasters remains the same as above.)

See me DM-side as: