View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jes

PostPosted: Sun, May 12 2013, 22:18 PM 

DM

I think it's great that the dwarves have a steady once-a-week schedule for meetings to catch up on the goings-on of the isles (and face it - I wasn't playing a dwarf when I got involved for several years!). Regardless of compatibility of outside players' schedules, I think it's something every faction could do with adopting to some extent. It's great to have something you know you can go to and be able to RP with your fellows, even during the settlement's activity lulls!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

fairdady

PostPosted: Mon, May 13 2013, 1:29 AM 

Player

Trust me, there are days I'd rather pull the blankets up tighter and go back to sleep! ha Right now I have to wake up about 8:30 AM-ish to get in game on time for the meeting. Been talking with a non-dwarf player in PMs recently who's been trying to break his way into some dwarfyness, but he being on the weest coast US he'd be getting up at 6AM-ish. Even I wouldn't be doing that.

So while it does exclude some, it's the best we can do to get the majority of faction members (and non-faction members) the chance to be there on a weekly basis. We recently had a discussion of changing days & times to better accommodate more folks. We ended up moving it an hour earlier! NOT the way I wanted to go! hahaha But it is what it is and we do like our lengthy meetings.

Today's was 4 hours thanks to Amia Isles drama. hehe :twisted:

Sig by Jaydn- Dragon by Jes

Arcadence

PostPosted: Mon, May 13 2013, 2:21 AM 

Player

My dwarf ironically doesn't have the guts to actually try and ask any other dwarf he sees if there's a dwarf settlement so he just kind of takes laps around Amia.

Raif

PostPosted: Tue, May 14 2013, 2:37 AM 

Player

what ever happened to this?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66462

make the dwarf specialty class usefull, at the moment dwarven defender is DULL compared to the other amian class changes everything else is more enjoyable to play, this topic was nearly a year ago, seems things like adding impact property to weapons such as heavy flail instead of keen, nerfing the crap out of a two hander weapons crit range seem to be more pressing changes. Its frustrating to watch.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Wed, May 15 2013, 19:30 PM 

Player

Raif wrote:
what ever happened to this?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66462

make the dwarf specialty class usefull, at the moment dwarven defender is DULL compared to the other amian class changes everything else is more enjoyable to play, this topic was nearly a year ago, seems things like adding impact property to weapons such as heavy flail instead of keen, nerfing the crap out of a two hander weapons crit range seem to be more pressing changes. Its frustrating to watch.

Make the feat usable like Dragon Disciple breath - Once every minute or so

Raif

PostPosted: Thu, May 16 2013, 3:58 AM 

Player

unique class changes have always resulted in a rise of players trying them out, dwarven defender is dwarf only, so it would only help the dwarf/ duergar population.

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, May 16 2013, 3:59 AM 

Player

Which would be a good thing, IMHO.

Bini

PostPosted: Thu, May 16 2013, 4:46 AM 

Player

Assuming players that roll a character to specifically investigate a mechanic always play faithfully to the race or the implications of the class. Oh wait, palemasters and earth genasi. :?

Last edited by Bini on Thu, May 16 2013, 5:08 AM, edited 1 time in total.

mirvala-

PostPosted: Thu, May 16 2013, 4:48 AM 

Player

What Bini said.

aka AgentOfLyumis

Tyris

PostPosted: Tue, May 28 2013, 6:55 AM 

Player

exquisitelyme

PostPosted: Tue, May 28 2013, 7:46 AM 

Player

AND MY AXE!

And just so my post is not only spam, this text is by Grizzled Dwarflord, master builder of the mster race. This is the introductory text for one os his builds in the EPic Characters Builders Guild, called The Battling Citadel Of Moradin:

Even after the thunderous cascade of rock and flame, he stood there still. Unmoving. Unflinching. A stoic silhouette lit only by the apocolyptic spray of fire and lightning that erupted from the siege engines and war wizards of the enemy. A hailstorm of arrows and bolts clattered harmlessly off his blackened platemail, and every now and then one could see his hand move to snap a feathered shaft from where it pierced his armor. In one instance, he disappeared completely in a great ball of flame and smoke, and the defenders on the wall inhaled sharply. But when the ash and debris settled, he stood there still, kneeling in the rubble to light a cigar from a nearby burning corpse.

And as he slowly stood up a grim smile played across his cracked and blistered lips, and he laughed and said, "Is that all you got, lads?"

Last edited by exquisitelyme on Tue, May 28 2013, 7:49 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, May 28 2013, 7:48 AM 

Player

I am the Barak Runedar DM. That's enough reason to make a dwarf!

Just kidding of course. Dwarves rock though.

Ale for everyone! (But orcs)

exquisitelyme

PostPosted: Tue, May 28 2013, 7:51 AM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
I am the Barak Runedar DM. That's enough reason to make a dwarf!

Just kidding of course. Dwarves rock though.

Ale for everyone! (But orcs)

She is NOT kidding! If having the awesomestest, greatestest, mighty Devilcat as your DM is not reason enough to make a dwarf, you dont DESERVE to play the master race *bro nod*

oshizo2

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 11 2013, 23:07 PM 

Player

i love dwarves. it's ashame that i was one of the Bloodbeards back in the day i'm a duergar guy all the way can't bring myself to come up to the surface for a dwarf..

linlan

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 12 2013, 17:19 PM 

Player

Then roll a caver and join Nana and Tarnik in the Deep Guard and commit to the defense of the Barak Runedar mines.

Problem solved, no need to see the surface!
:P

Metzlitemoctzin - Payit slave, now freed from Silent's sadostyle of plotting !

Uncle-Opustus

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 15 2013, 19:30 PM 

Player

Glad to see how the departure of the previous gang breathed life into the Council that admittedly had become a little long in the tooth. I'll start working two-shift eight-hour days soon, so as soon as I get my routine balanced again, I'll be sure to peep in every now and then.

Eurgiga

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2013, 8:44 AM 

Player

We have a shiny new forge too. It can melt stuff.

dayfer

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2013, 13:27 PM 

Player

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Glad to see how the departure of the previous gang breathed life into the Council that admittedly had become a little long in the tooth.

Agreed, I'm quite happy to see Runedar flourish now, gathered I was never really part of the old elite guys, but nonetheless I'm happy everything's turned out for the better without me as a chief councillor, just sorry I wasn't capable of doing much myself.

fairdady

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2013, 14:44 PM 

Player

Old or new, or in-between, doesn't matter fellas. All that put time in now and each of you that gave your time in the past all have helped write the story of Barak Runedar. It wouldn't be what it is currently if you guys didn't kick ass, then and now. Old guard or new, I'm glad to be a part of a group of folks that like to login and have some fun. Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Would be grand to see some of the old faces stomp the halls now and then!

MutantMike

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 2:09 AM 

Player

we've had a few new faces about, but some others have dropped out over time, its a careful balance we have now

Kraniumbrud

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 29 2013, 11:41 AM 

Player

its been one hell of a rp group, i can only recommend making a dwarves.

fairdady

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 29 2013, 13:19 PM 

Player

Thanks Brud, we appreciate the sentiment.

I would also like to add that playing a dwarf isn't the only way to become active in Barak Runedar. Although dwarves are the bestest evah!! We currently have two official non-dwarven citizens that have made it through the process. We've had a a couple other try and loose interest or just got to busy RL wise. We are presently fielding a new petition for citizenship from a non-dwarf. I have high hopes with this fellow and I would love to see all this dreams come to fruition.

Also we have a current petition from an old kin whose IC background has left his kin a bit wary of them. To prove himself to them they are being sure to push him into the petition process, which officially got under way yesterday. Are the dwarves a bit leery? Yup, but they are not above offering redemption to their kin. One just has to understand where we come from and reach for it.

So again, play a dwarf, we'll do our best to make it fun. But hey if you are a girly man.. or a manly girl, see how progressive and equal opportunity we are??? Play a race you won't get tossed into the sea with and break into our RP, expand our horizons, open our eyes to some fantastical mystery that is your PC. Help us have some fun!

P Three

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 31 2013, 17:45 PM 

DM

Or hey, play a race we WILL toss you into the sea for!

Every good race needs conflict! XD

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2013, 13:16 PM 

DM

Hey, hey! At the request of the Council, my dwarf character (Agnais Silverhand) has recently sent a message to her clan home in the Sword Mountains north of Waterdeep, a summons/request for aid with a specific lean toward clergy of the Morndinsamman. If anyone is interested in trying to play a dwarf and would like a relative or specialized help getting started up playing one, send me a pm and I'll give you some background information on my made-up clan home!

For reference, the following surnames are present in this clan home:

Silverhand - 75%
Stonemaul - 15%
Cauldronar - 10%

See me DM-side as:

Bini

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2013, 13:59 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
Silverhand

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2013, 16:49 PM 

DM

Oh, hush. Surnames aren't limited to just one family (in any setting, real or otherwise). Saying that something as common-sounding as "Silverhand" couldn't belong to someone else is ridiculous. Go troll someone else! :P

See me DM-side as:

Bini

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2013, 19:45 PM 

Player

It's not that it is implausible, it's that it is unnecessary over similarly composed names (such as a Ironhand or Silverfist) and disruptive, given that it is of course the surname of Forgotten Realms most written-about family.

Do as you wish though; I understand that it is in our best interest to keep this topic clean of tangents.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02 2013, 22:57 PM 

Player

I need to play my dorf moar. This thread always reminds me of him.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Garnith

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03 2013, 5:30 AM 

Player

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:

Go for it. This thread has been sitting in the back of my mind for a while now; I've only ever ran a single dwarf, and he wasn't particularly interesting. But I really feel like I could make something interesting out of a dwarf, if only I could figure out what.

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03 2013, 12:52 PM 

DM

Here's something I threw together: a family tree showing the Silverhand lineage back to the one who founded the clan home located in the Sword Mountains hundreds of years ago. I got some queries and someone made one of my character's brothers already, so if anyone would like to join us and would like to pick up a brother or cousin or uncle or someone only related through marriage, send me a PM! :D

Click for bigger!

See me DM-side as:

A Majestic Dwarf

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03 2013, 16:04 PM 

Player

I endorse the message above! More dwarves of any clan would be good. Silverhand ones would mean that Whurak would have to jump through metaphorical hoops at somepoint in the future in his quest for the hand of Agnais Silverhand in what may well be a twelve year courtship :p

Garnith wrote:

Go for it. This thread has been sitting in the back of my mind for a while now; I've only ever ran a single dwarf, and he wasn't particularly interesting. But I really feel like I could make something interesting out of a dwarf, if only I could figure out what.

As for ~Interesting~ Dwarves, I will drop in a few ideas here as to what the hold could do with by mentioning the smaller movements within the hold (Apart from MORE dwarves, as that is a given.) They are listed in terms of Smallest to largest. May get a few ideas bouncing around peoples heads.

1.) "Bari'var's Raiders"
Winds of Strom, has always fostered the idea of a team of "Dwarven Commando's" made up of less stereotypical dwarven warriors. So Hit and run tactics, traps, explosives, snipers, etc. Grum'dur Bari'var (Winds of Strom) is the contact point for this, and I am sure all manner of rogues, stealthy rangers, Shadowdancers, master scouts and the like will fit in here.

2.) The Clergy
Despite Dwarves being a very spiritual people, we are quite short of clerics. With a variety of religious Ceremonies to go at, and the range of dwarven gods to choose from, there is plenty of RP to be had. We currently don't have a Chair of Religion either... so there is space if a cleric wanted to break into politics. Not just clerics here either... we have had the odd dwarven druid aligned with us rather than the grove, and paladins, divine champions etc would also be nice to see.

3.) "The Brightaxes"
The Warrior faction of the group, basically an elite warrior unit which I plan on using for forays up the mountain and the like. Find the biggest things and beat them to death with hammers and axes. This is perhaps the most sterotypical of the three movements within the hold. Your usual fighters, barbarians, dwarven defenders, weapon masters, etc. Paladins and Divine champions would also be welcome. Me, or Kraniumbrud are the points of contact for this one.

While these are the three largest groups, we do have dwarves who do not fit into these three main groups and enrich the hold by their being there. We have a Runecaster (Wizard), we have a Skald hanging around the place who turns up occasionally. So while dwarves are seen as being quite a narrow field to play in, it is actually deceptively wide.

Player of:
- Whurak Thunderhammer
King of Barak Runedar and all round Vengeful Dwarf
- Alvian Tegleiwalla
Nerdy Painter Elf with a Silly hat

Garnith

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04 2013, 11:39 AM 

Player

Aurora wrote:
*Lotsa dwarves*

The Raiders sound extremely well suited for what I had in mind. A little bit of work on the fine details for my character, and I may be running along on short stumpy legs soon.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 07 2013, 17:34 PM 

Player

I direct this thread to the following video.

Dwarves. You can play another race - If you suck.

DC taxation is theft!

Spirit of Rock

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 18 2013, 5:47 AM 

Player

I made one. Where do I sign up?

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 18 2013, 8:48 AM 

Player

Hey welcome to beardiness. If you check out the barak runedar forums and find the 'second official census' thread you can drop your PCs info there. Also bind your dorf in game to the layline in the barak runedar wardens office to make it your starting point on B if you like. If you want to introduce your dwarf to other stunties we meet regularly every Sunday at 2pm GMT.

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 18 2013, 13:01 PM 

Player

I direct this thread to the following video.

Dwarves. You can play another race - If you suck.

Now that's lactose intolerant! Also, glad to see Cairn join the dorfs. He's a great RPer, who generates pretty neat racial flavor. Keep up the good work, dorfs.

Aeqvinox

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 18 2013, 15:37 PM 

Player

*mutters something about stupid hargluks*

Lucid

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 19 2013, 12:23 PM 

Player

I made a dwarf! :D Nahya Shatterwall, Kaxanar Errant. Catch me if you can!

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 19 2013, 12:28 PM 

DM

We will. You have stumpy little legs.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Lucid

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 19 2013, 12:33 PM 

Player

*applies greatsword* So do you :shock: *Runs away*

Dergaii

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 19 2013, 19:00 PM 

Player

Lucid wrote:
I made a dwarf! :D Nahya Shatterwall, Kaxanar Errant. Catch me if you can!

She's great! An asset to the stomps.

Liz

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 11 2013, 17:20 PM 

Player

Stumbling across this almost made me want to play a dwarf. (Almost.)

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 12 2013, 18:56 PM 

Player

I have a character in the request section who's going to be like a mutant duergar. Does that count?

DC taxation is theft!

Alkor

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 13 2013, 0:26 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere on a tiny speck of a planet, in a tiny speck of a universe.

I'm just posting an idea to the OP:

Perhaps if DD(Dwarven Defender) was made more appealing? xD

It's the dwarven specialty, class, you have to be a dwarf to get it. Aka, effective lure. ^^

Let's make it, not over.

Raif

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 13 2013, 1:00 AM 

Player

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpbb3/viewtop ... =4&t=66462

Just in case you missed this, read what moshing had to say on the matter.

Script it, and they will come.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03 2013, 16:10 PM 

Player

Bumping, the more the merrier!

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Yossarin

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03 2013, 16:32 PM 

Player

Maybe when we relax our cybering rules, I will consider playing a dorf.

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03 2013, 19:01 PM 

Player

Great. Now I need some bleach for my brain. Or a melon baller, and access to the chunk of it that remembers what Yoss OH GOD THERE IT IS AGAIN BAD THOUGHTS BAD THOUGHTS --headwall, headwall--

Eizendur

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03 2013, 19:05 PM 

Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQJ2_y1KXk

This'll do.

Last edited by Eizendur on Sun, Nov 03 2013, 19:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03 2013, 19:05 PM 

Player

Yossarin wrote:
Maybe when we relax our cybering rules, I will consider playing a dorf.

(Well at least we'll have lots of new baby Dorfs to populate the game if it's still running in 20 years time.)

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next