View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 08 2014, 14:08 PM 

Player

I've recently been messing around with the toolset and I've got a few questions and I think I'll have more as I go along. So I thought I'd just make a topic. A topic where it will become obvious I'm rubbish with code. So please help me out and bare with me a I ask probably painfully obvious questions. Thanks!

-How do I remove the fire from the braziers or did I miss a fireless model?
-How do I make chairs and such sitable
-How do I make it so that one click opens a door, the second actives the area transition?
-How do I set npc's to be dead as a default setting?

Pony

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 08 2014, 14:14 PM 

Player

1.) May have missed the fireless model. Some models also have activation state you can select via right clicking the plc.

2.) Right click plc -> properties -> scripts -> add "us_sit" under "on use". (This will only work within game, if you have the script added to the module you are making.)

3.) Right click door -> properties and then set it up as an area transition.

Pony

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 08 2014, 14:33 PM 

Player

4.) You need two scripts for that, that you apply through right clicking the npc, opening the property menu, and then selecting the script window. You need to find the scripts that kills the NPC 'on spawn', and the other that keeps the corpse from dissapearing 'on death'.

I believe the NWN Lexicon is the place to find scripts, though there might be a better place.

Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 09 2014, 17:32 PM 

Player

Dear gods this is giving me a headache. Took three hours but I got the chairs working and the critters die and leave corpses. Still working on the doors and I'm utterly stuck with the stupid braziers...

Yes I'm obsessing over the braziers, but I've seen it done on the server and I can't stand not being able to figure it out. I've tried the intial state option, but it doesn't do anything, infact it either refuses to switch or just jumps from active to default and stays there. Under properties the option isn't avaiable at all...

Pony

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 09 2014, 17:44 PM 

Player

The brazier with the metal pokers in it can be activated/deactivated. The other three we have all appear to come with the fire. It is very likely that the other server simply had a hak brazier that either have an activated/deactivated state, or they used a custom flameless brazier in combination with a script that spawns a flame plc on it when used. So in other words, plier brazier is the only one with the amia content that can be activated/deactivated.

With the door, just set up an area transition via the right click -> property menu -> area transition -> set up area transition -> select door / trigger -> okay. You need to have either another door or a trigger to connect to, to set it up.

There are also quite a few tutorials out there, both for basic and advanced stuff. http://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/299/lab/AuroraToolsetTutorial.pdf This is one of them. If you google "nwn toolset tutorial" you will get a bunch. There were also quite a few on the vault that were very good, but it seems like ign finally took it down. A good portion of the custom content for nwn now can be found under www.neverwintervault.net. That is the site the CCC team put up, to try to salvage as much content as possible.

Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 09 2014, 18:51 PM 

Player

Thanks. I'm an utter disaster with codes. I get about half the words on the lexicon site at best.
But I'm sticking to it!

Pony

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 09 2014, 19:11 PM 

Player

So am I. Poor Glim has to make up for it. :wink:

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 10 2014, 13:38 PM 

Player

Good luck with this, Hadeis. I tried this a long time ago and it exploded my brains all over the keyboard. But then, I was also a horrible builder in the toolset, too, and made Disco weep blood.

Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 10 2014, 14:28 PM 

Player

Well right now I'm still stuck on the bloody placeable metal door. Not one of the default ones but that entirely loose put it anywhere placeable metal door, with the hextragram thingy in the middle that swings open both ways.

So far no script will work on it and the only way to get it to open at all is giving it an inventory, which obviously doesn't help it working as a door.

Eurgiga

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 11 2014, 7:49 AM 

Player

Is it set to static? It shouldn't be set to static.

What you have there is a placeable, not a door. You want it to act like a door when clicked on while open. Not sure how that's done, but Runedar's front door works like that.

Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 11 2014, 14:45 PM 

Player

Yes... I think my best chance is to find a script that will onclick change it's status to open. Then I try some transition or teleport script when it's onopen.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]