View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
michael4d20

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2015, 7:07 AM 

Player

Hey everyone,
I have been playing on Amia for years. Due to life I often have to stray away from the game from time to time, but am back again for a good while. I pretty much only play Underdark characters. Right now I'm playing a new Drow (ECL 14) and a Kobold (12). Since I've been back I've noticed the Underdark, although remade (and it looks freaking awesome! Good job guys! It was quite a shock when I came back and I have got to say that I am very impressed.) is empty... I check to list players on other server often, I even hop on and have tried to get into playing on server B for long periods of time in case other UD players are just logging on and then off quickly when they realize it's dead... It has been very difficult to play in the UD and tonight I finally find a party and was 1 level range off from the level adjustment and it sucked because I've been playing again for about 4 months solid, almost every day. I have been told there are groups of Drow and other races/factions that play at specific times and I've been told to get involved with the forum, however, I play at all different hours of the day/night and I hardly ever see any UD players... < This is just the foundation of my suggestion.

What I would like to recommend is to run somewhat of a promotion for the Underdark to get more players interested in participating in it. Like maybe for the next month or so you could run a +25% XP bonus for new UD players up to level 15 or something? Most people play surface and that will likely always be the case. But the UD is so dead lately, yet has been so beautifully rebuilt, it'd be a shame to see it continue to be dead... Not to mention my Drow is sad and lonely lol...

I would have posted this on the "Improving Amia" section, but it's all locked. I'm guessing you guys are pretty much fed up with ideas at this point haha... Sorry, I just honestly think this is a good one and would really help the Underdark.

- A Drow player who cares

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2015, 12:44 PM 

Player

Hey man, welcome back! The IA forum as actually locked because we are reaaaaaally behind on Dev work and so it was closed so people didn't keep piling in more requests/ideas which creates a cycle of having to check through them, people getting mad that their thing isn't approved, etc etc. So until things are caught up we closed it. I will say, though, that the UD is being worked on to make leveling and stuff easier, so yay!

With the idea, though, it would take a whole new thing to be scripted up in order to give a specific boost like that; which goes back to the Dev work backlog comment, heh. We actually had something running several months back, an Academy in the drow city of Nec'perya which was really successful in bringing a few new players down there. Really the biggest issue people seem to have is the leveling process, so we've been trying to get the ability to fix that. It's a mess right now, honestly, and it's so hard you have to have a party which is discouraging when no one is around. So fear not, we are doing our best!

In general the UD is really slow right now; not a lot of people are on because activity is basically a series if peaks and dips. Seems like that's how it has always been. Mostly I see others getting on around the evenings in the EST time zone so if you can be around then, that would help with meeting people.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

RaveN

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2015, 13:43 PM 

Administrative Developer

We have been sparsely popping on once a week or so, from 7 pm - 12 pm est on random days. Might start a drow night, if I can ever write down enough ideas, though admittedly I'm torn between work, Audrey, RL, and scripting stuff so I haven't been around as much.

michael4d20

PostPosted: Sat, May 30 2015, 3:06 AM 

Player

That's cool. It makes sense that the UD is still being messed with. I didn't even know it was rebuilt til a couple months ago or so. Looks better and is much easier to navigate through. Even though my idea wasn't necessarily useful it lead me to some useful information with this post :D

I play around those time frames. I'm EST zone and get off work around 9-10 pm. I see people sometimes, just most the time we're out of level range :-p

I'm going to have to get more involved in the forums and try and get involved in drow meetings and such. I look forward to Drow night though. Sounds freakin awesome :D I wouldn't mind helping out with writing some stuff, but I admit I'd have more fun playing lol... In real life games I always end up having to be DM and it makes the games not as fun.

I will stay dedicated to trying to get more involved with UD and others down there with me. Thanks guys :D

RaveN

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 09 2015, 3:36 AM 

Administrative Developer

Drow night.. what days work best for you all? Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays are probably my worst. I'm EST.

I'd be cool with Thursday evening?

Mahtan

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 09 2015, 5:10 AM 

Player

I can totally work Thursday evenings.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 09 2015, 20:31 PM 

Player

I can first be on on Thursdays after 10pm CST

RaveN

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 10 2015, 16:40 PM 

Administrative Developer

Lets try a couple hours then. 11 PM EST this thursday. 10CST

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]