View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Infinitymatrix

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 21 2016, 13:17 PM 

Player

As my group and I were going through the Gnoll caves a couple of times I got an unrecoverable kernel failure and the driver stopped responding.

Restarted client and tried to log back in from where I crashed out and the kernel failure happened on the loading screen to the area forcing me to alt tab out to then end NWN manually.

Restarted computer after the next occurrence but with the same results as above when reloading into the area I crashed out of.

Restarted client again and logged onto Amia B without issue and move via the doors to Kohlingen before running up to rejoin my group in the Gnoll caves, on getting back to the group the kernel failure occurred again.

Sadly I was not able to identify the exact spot this was happening but will keep on it and update this thread.

Widows 10 (fresh install not a Windows 7/8 upgrade)
I7 core processor
GeForce GTX 680 with up to date drivers
System working fine on all other applications as of writing.

P.S. as I come to think on it I did install the ACP earlier today but had no issue with it all day so dont know if its a factor or not

davis114

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 21 2016, 14:35 PM 

Player

Anytime you encounter a new issue, starting with what's recently changed is definitely the place to start. I'd say you need to do two things:

1. Before uninstalling ACP, try to find the exact location in the caves that's causing your issue, or at least what particular map. That will help the developer team immensely.

2. Once that's done, uninstall ACP and go to that location to see if it still happens. The problem can be better pinpointed if there's a direct known cause of it.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Infinitymatrix

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 26 2016, 9:44 AM 

Player

Well ACP is currently off and I've crashed half a dozen times just inside the Kohlingen entrance to the Gnoll caves, a couple just when I was standing there after entering and the rest when either buffing or fighting the first spawn.

Restarted client, no change just crashed again within seconds of loading in

Restarded PC, no change just crashed the instant I loaded in.

I've confirmed that all drivers are up to date.

I'm at a loss here, not getting this issue anywhere else on Amia just the Gnoll caves so right now I have to assume that there is some mad poo going on in there causing my driver to go fubar.

Doing full uninstall and full reinstall as this issue only happened after installing the ACP files so I'm assuming for now that something went meh there.

davis114

PostPosted: Thu, May 12 2016, 13:24 PM 

Player

Entirely possible. Something might be stuck in your registry too, if the installation went kaput. Keep us updated on your progress. If the reinstallation doesn't work we'll have to try something else. I went over there about a week ago to check, and it didn't happen to me, so it must be a local issue.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Infinitymatrix

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 18 2016, 19:59 PM 

Player

Apologies for the thread necromancy but after a long break from the game I did the full clean reinstall restarting the pc and cleaning registry best I know how after the uninstall.

Have been back into the Gnoll caves and still getting random client crashes both in terms of location within the caves and how long it takes to occur, some times I can run through no issues and other times blam, client crash where I get the little windows do you want to wait for the client or close the client pop ups.

It is at random locations through the instance, so far I have not been able to discern any sort of pattern to it.

Also have heard other players mention similar issues in the Gnoll caves so whatever it is is not limited to my pc or software.

I am not a technogeek by any measure and I have no idea what else I can do or check to try to narrow down the cause of this.

But I am all ears for suggestion on what to look for?

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 18 2016, 23:13 PM 

Player

Game is old as fuck and there's a reason they don't make them like this anymore. It's totally possible some object down there is not agreeing with your GPU on a very base level. It's likely going to be impossible to fix as random people have random issues everywhere in NWN (more common on laptop gpu's) but unless you know what object is messing you up there isn't much that can be done.

For example, if I'm in the frost giant cave for more then 15 minutes my client is going to crash. I don't know why. It's an old game, shit doesn't work right, and it's a miracle it still runs at all on modern hardware/OS's given how it needs elevated permissions to function.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Infinitymatrix

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 19 2016, 12:27 PM 

Player

Well I have turned every graphical option in the game to its lowest setting, lets start with that and see how it goes.

Watch this space ===>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]