View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 1:00 AM 

Player

MightNMagic wrote:
Tandannon wrote:
Agreed with Liz and others. Worse than dicey's comments was that the other DMs defended it.

I can only encourage you to try Arelith. NWN doesn't have to be insulting. And no DMs telling players to fuck off.

Perhaps you've never heard of the Baphomet leak, but I can guarantee you Arelith DMs are no better, the only difference is they openly collude behind closed forums and laugh at players and mock them all the time. Arelith isn't special.

I left that server because even before the Baphomet leak because it was well-known they were loading special gear for their friends, telling their friends where new quarters and shops were going in and snuff killing players they didn't like. Arelith has been and probably no doubt still is (since I see the same DMs still on their forums) corrupt as all get out.

To me, what Dicey said was over the line, and no doubt if this were a professional game (read: profit-driven) he'd be fired for it within hours of posting it. I do not think the players just wanting information on Demonreach did anything remotely "trollish," they just seemed a little too interested when it also seemed the team didn't "hash out" information. It's important to note that "liking PvP" is not a bad thing. It's a legit playstyle as long as it's within the rules. Some people come to Amia and never leave a town, spending their time chit chatting about the weather for 6 hours at a time. Others kill things. Others still kill each other. Hell, most of my time is spent talking to anyone and everyone in order to sell them things below asking price, who cares? What's more dismaying is that no one seems to have really any oversight to reign the staff in when they do "get out of line." Is no one helming the ship?

Oh Wowzers!!! Never played there before or paid attention to it. Found Amia first!...but that is some serious Mic Dropping typed shit! Glad i dodged that bullet!!!

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 1:02 AM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
LibrisMortis_666 wrote:
EDIT: I wanted to edit this a bit. I can name 20 players from Sinfar that were Amia, who still read Amians forums and would return if things changed (their words, not mine). The same goes for Arelith. So it's not impossible to think Amia can have full servers everyday. It'll just take some work.

A few words to this.

1. That fully depends on what changes they are waiting for and if they are feasible for amia.
2. If they want to see if those changes are feasible, they would need to return first and make suggestions of what they feel should change and how.

Sitting in another game and hoping by some miracle that another game will change exactly as you desire on pure coincidence, without being there and telling people what you feel should be different, is a very unlikely thing to happen I'm afraid.

I can tell you via PM, if you want.. I've talked hours with many of them. However, for a public post, it'll start argument.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 1:10 AM 

Player

Feel free to send a PM if you like, sure.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 1:52 AM 

Player

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:
EDIT: I wanted to edit this a bit. I can name 20 players from Sinfar that were Amia, who still read Amians forums and would return if things changed (their words, not mine). The same goes for Arelith. So it's not impossible to think Amia can have full servers everyday. It'll just take some work.

I'm a bit confused, so you say you know twenty ex-Amians on this so called Server, and the same amount of ex-Amians on this other so called Server. That lurk and want to come back. I'm an old school Dinosaur, i don't third party from NWN communication. Is there some forum of communication, wire, avenue, where-ever you young whipper snappers congregate and speak your mind outside of Amia Forums? Forty folks, you must have the pulse on something.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 2:06 AM 

Player

Impknightofireland wrote:
LibrisMortis_666 wrote:

I'm a bit confused, so you say you know twenty ex-Amians on this so called Server, and the same amount of ex-Amians on this other so called Server. That lurk and want to come back. I'm an old school Dinosaur, i don't third party from NWN communication. Is there some forum of communication, wire, avenue, where-ever you young whipper snappers congregate and speak your mind outside of Amia Forums? Forty folks, you must have the pulse on something.

Well like I said I have accounts on both those servers. I play Sinfar when Amia is like 2 population, and the 2 that are on I know are just hunting.

It's not like 20 from each, I think I know about 20 on Sinfar.. Though they're dinosaurs.. And roughly 10 or so on Arelith. Some of them asked me to keep their name silent, their alt accounts silent, e.t.c. so I won't be giving their information away.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 2:27 AM 

Player

So do they come at you and express there concerns? Or do you ask them?

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 2:28 AM 

Player

So do they come at you and express there concerns? Or do you ask them?

Both. A lot of them are my friends. Some date back to early 2010.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 2:35 AM 

Player

I kind of find it sad, that folks will play on another server, yet dwell on what made them leave a server that obviously they care about or they would not be speaking on it.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 2:36 AM 

Player

I kind of find it sad, that folks will play on another server, yet dwell on what made them leave a server that obviously they care about or they would not be speaking on it.

They've issues that forced them away. Some issues are fixable, some issues aren't. All I know is the ones that are fixable could be addressed.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:00 AM 

Player

Perhaps you could express there concerns since you have there pulse. Ask each and everyone, there opinions, concerns and draft a Ten point post composition concerning what stops them from coming back to Amia. Or what would lure them back.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:01 AM 

Player

As told to Amarice I'll PM them for the players. However, it'll cause a fuss if discussed publicly.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:15 AM 

Player

So you do have permission by all these disgruntled players to speak for them?

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:20 AM 

Player

I just don't want to have you end up representing a few and not the whole of numbers or players you have spoken to. Have they nominated you to speak for all of them?

Falling Spider

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:23 AM 

Player

Is this really what you want people to see when they look at the forums?

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 3:28 AM 

Player

I'm just trying to understand.

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 11:56 AM 

Player

I cannot understand why you ignore my plea to not argue about other servers or point out that they are equally bad in every sentence. I said my part about other servers but it is not really helping in the long run if we all point fingers at others, at ourselves in our group and so on. I am not suprised if there is 40 Amians on Sinfar, Arelith and POTM combined who still keep tabs on this place. Hell i did now and then drop by to look at the forums or write when I was active on POTM. There is always elements you miss, players and DMs and such. Hell I miss POTM at times, I miss old Amia too, I miss modern Amia aswell when I haven't played for a while. I am an relic from another time when I look at a lot of these forums regristrations. Me and Amarice known of each others for pretty damn long, Krins player been around for a shit long time to, Tormak too. Amia do have something that keeps players or have them return, it is the damn slogan pretty much, You will return, but we need to safe keep that slogan to make it true.

EDIT: AND oh, I was banned in 2007, Im back in 2016. Hiatus or not. When I got banned on POTM over being a stubborn, paranoid bastard and personal problems between me and the owner...I only saw Amia as my next home. Cause of my memories and nostalgia, it can happen after 1 month, 1 year or 10 years that you return back "home".

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 12:41 PM 

Player

Hi I never played on any other RP Server before and I really like Amia.

Positivity.

Peace.

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 15:59 PM 

Player

May we please lock this or delete it. At this point we are beating a dead horse.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 03 2017, 16:36 PM 

DM

Yep. This thread has run its course. It has been productive guys.

Feel free to make a thread in IA for suggestions, etc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11