View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 28 2017, 10:10 AM 

Player

Haven't played much in a couple of days due to work etc, came back today and logged in on Kuld'Raugh Deathaxe to find his phenotype appears to me to be the normal (smaller) one not the larger one as it should be.

With armour on his torso is invisible, take the armour off and his smaller torso is visible, this replicates with my other characters as well as far as the invisibility goes. It is sometimes correct by transitioning zones but then occasionally reverts after a short time.

I had another player view Kuld'Raugh Deathaxe with armour and cloak removed and apparently his phenotype appears to others as a mix between normal and larger phenotype.

I've tried as much as I can think off my side with the following;

:arrow: Copy my back up clean un-hak'd back up copy of NWN, hak, tlk, overide up to Amia requirements (no portraits at this point)

:arrow: Complete new download of install files from GoG, complete new download of all hak and associated files from Amia site to a completely different hard drive (to eliminate hardware issue)

:arrow: Uninstall recent java and Chrome extensions to eliminate them from enquiries

:arrow: Reinstalled graphics driver and confirmed its up to date

:arrow: Made an alternative login and a test champ, seemed ok at first but then the phenotype changed from large Dwarf to normal Dwarf in the arrival room

:arrow: Tried changing heads to see if that refreshed the file or something, no effect

Still having the issue, now a few days back Leathan Kayne did have to change the phenotype of my Hin "Big Mack the Mad Piper" (Formerly Big Mack the Gonagall before name change was required by DM team)

So I am now wondering if this is a corruption of my character vault server side possibly as a result of the character name and / or pheno type change?

P.S. Just spent the last few hours combing the registry after wiping NWN and my NWN back up off my system and wanting to find and remove all registry entries as well, have done yet another full complete download of NWN Diamond from Gog and full Amia hak, head and hands and portraits (No ACP as that never worked with me) And still the same problem.

Last edited by InquisitorBiologos on Tue, Dec 12 2017, 11:15 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Dev Disco

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 29 2017, 17:41 PM 

HRM Chicken I of Amia

Can a DM give him a fresh character and rebuilt it to whatever he should be? Might be faster than finding a technical solution.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 29 2017, 19:57 PM 

Player

Do you have an nVidia card? A recent nvidia driver update seems to have broken some NWN graphics stuff, and you may need to temporarily roll it back.

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 13:53 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Do you have an nVidia card? A recent nvidia driver update seems to have broken some NWN graphics stuff, and you may need to temporarily roll it back.

As a matter of fact I do and it did update its driver prior to this issue so I'll try a roll back as you suggest I did consider doing so but did not as a brief trip to Arelith and a test offline and did not have any issues however using a different log in I made a test character here on Amia being a fat phenotype Dwarf and in entry room I brought up the rest menu and made sure the acp was set to default. (this was after a fresh download and install and I had NOT installed acp this time)

The result was a surprise, server message "this may not work for you..." and the character phenotype changed itself to the default smaller Dwarf

So I do wonder if there is more than a driver due to phenotype shenanigans! But I'll roll back driver when I get home tomorrow and update you here

Revak

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 14:05 PM 

Player

Can confirm it seems to be the Nvidia update. Prior to updating everything was fine, post-update my character's robe and cloak disappears, only showing the head, hands and boots. When the robe and cloak does reappear it's always darker than the hands, boots and head of the character. It varies from area to area, but it's always missing in the Start Area/Waiting Room. When I get home i'll provide some screenshots if wanted.

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 30 2017, 14:18 PM 

Player

Revak wrote:
Can confirm it seems to be the Nvidia update. Prior to updating everything was fine, post-update my character's robe and cloak disappears, only showing the head, hands and boots. When the robe and cloak does reappear it's always darker than the hands, boots and head of the character. It varies from area to area, but it's always missing in the Start Area/Waiting Room. When I get home i'll provide some screenshots if wanted.

+1 This.

Perhaps the phenotype changing is a separate issue possibly to do with the ACP?

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 31 2017, 22:36 PM 

Player

**update**

Being less than tech savy I finally managed to work out how to install an older version of my nvidia driver and I'm now running version 385.41 (current up todate version is 388.13) and this appears to have resolved the invisible torso and cloak issues.

However Dwarf phenotype has still mysteriously changed to the default Dwarf from the larger (aka fat) Dwarf and so would like this resolved and now deeply suspect that this is somehow a result of my Hin "Big Mack the Mad Piper" formerly known as "Big Mack the Gonnagle" who had his phenotype changed from "fat" to default at my request in his early levels due to a mistake when rolling the character.

So any help to resolve or correct (and prevent relapse off) this issue would be much appreciated.

InquisitorBiologos

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 09 2017, 23:13 PM 

Player

Recent windows update seems to have forced an update to my nvidia driver and sure enough the invisible torso has started up again... trying to roll back the driver at this time...

bookofvirtue

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 17:34 PM 

Player

have the same problem, I will try to rollback my drivers to an older version.

Suhjet

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 16 2018, 23:52 PM 

Player

I think we decided 385.69 was the latest driver that didn't break NWN robes and stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=90082
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 3936/en-us

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 17 2018, 1:06 AM 

Player

For people with Windows 10 who want to stop Windows from helpfully installing the latest display driver: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -in-window

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 09 2018, 22:49 PM 

Player

Personally it only happens to me when I alt+tab, but changing resolution usually solve it. It's annoying, but bearable.

Might work for you, might not.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]