View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next
Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 16:56 PM 

Player

As a rule of thumb only forms with weapons merge weapons/glove stuff.
There are exceptions to this however, like the dragonshape which merges weapons into the claw.

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 09 2018, 17:00 PM 

Player

Then that actually means, sadly, Assassin stuff doesn't work for those forms. :(

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 27 2018, 17:05 PM 

Player

The domains list the Magic domain as giving you a "Spell Resistance increase" of 10 + 1/2 Cleric levels when you pray...

Considering how Spell Resistance usually works, it seems incredibly useless. I mean, a 30 cleric would get 25 SR. That blocks... level 14 mages... And that's on top of the spell "Spell Resistance" or Aura against Alignment...

Or is it the way it is also desribed, as an actual increase? I'm curious, because if I understand everything correctly, it would require scripting (which I'm pretty sure happened for SR anyway...) but it would suddenly be quite a bit stronger. That would then mean a cleric could achieve an SR of 57, more with Aura (which also seems ridiculous)

That said, both seems plausible, since domain prayer bonuses are weird. Some are pretty good (Protection, for example, or the damage bonuses, or even time, since movement speed is a pretty strong thing) whereas others underperform pretty hard, IMO. (Dream, Drow and Charm come to mind, since the cleric either already can protect against it, or it is just half a mindblank: the lesser half)

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 27 2018, 17:22 PM 

Player

I believe it is weaker because it is a party-wide effect. I mean, could you imagine being able to give an entire party full blown 42 Spell Resistance? It'd be madness.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 27 2018, 17:33 PM 

Player

I guess I can understand that... It still seems completely useless though. I mean, how often will a level 14 or less actually try to hit you while you're buffed, and even if it does, how often will you 1. fail the save and 2. actually mind the damage his puny spell does? But I guess most domain prayer blessings go like that... Minor bonuses that help a tiny bit, but won't change much... They're pretty much for free, and on the whole party...

Edit: I derped with the SR calculations: The highest CL that's affected is 24, with a 5% chance. It's a bit more useful than I thought, but the argument still stands: 24s and lower won't try to attack you with spells, usually.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2018, 10:49 AM 

Player

Is there a reason we don't use the CEP?

Revak

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2018, 10:59 AM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Is there a reason we don't use the CEP?

A lot of the CEP from what i've seen isn't always great quality. There are a few gems in there but a lot of it just looks.. Egh.

I'm sure the Devs and DMs have a better explanation though!

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2018, 11:11 AM 

DM

I know we pulled some of the good stuff from CEP that we wanted and put them in our own haks.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2018, 11:25 AM 

Player

There's a lot of crappy stuff in our own haks as well! :D But from what I've seen, the good outweighs the bad, in both haks, imo.

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2018, 12:19 PM 

DM

Oh, god... The camels...

There are indeed good in both!

See me DM-side as:

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2018, 20:08 PM 

Player

Soo... I always have the same inspiration for these questions: buildcrafting. And because I've been thinking about stuff (haven't had the time to play, so I've just been thinking) I had an idea. Probably not one that will be actually realized, but maybe...

But well. There's the rules on Consequences. And how they affect your character.

So... I'm curious. I have an RDD who (when he eventually will be 30) is a standard 18RDD/10Ftr/2Brd. So, I can't make him not an RDD anymore. But... how far can I rebuild down? I've toying with an idea, one that would probably make him a worse build, but I felt like thinking about it... I've been thinking about the idea of making him (with craploads of RP, eventually, maybe, if the path ever goes that way) a sorc battlemage. Something along the lines of 19 Sorc, 10 RDD, 1 Bard. Possibly even 18/12, but that would probably be far inferior. But yeah, it's less of a build question, and more of a rule question. The way I understand the rule, I just can't make him not an RDD anymore, like I can't put his dragonblood back to sleep, but I wanted to ask before I even entertain that thought anymore.

Ninja edit: Could I also lower the RDD a bit farther, say to 7-9, something like that?

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 03 2018, 0:43 AM 

DM

Given they gain the Half-Dragon template at ten, I'm hard-pressed to think you could go lower than that, from an RP standpoint, especially if you had 18 to start with. I don't personally know of any instances where someone has had their DD levels altered because of consequences like you indicated in the link, so I'm not sure exactly how the Team is enforcing such RP, but I personally see issues in lowering past levels where you started to physically change, too, ie. wings.

But I'll let a DM field this one. The above is my personal opinion as a dragon-obsessed player!

Edit: Ope, that particular link doesn't talk about what I thought it did. The enforcing bit must have been somewhere else, and I can't check right now. But yeah. Totally agree with the ruling about not going back past ten levels. It's an all-in thing.

See me DM-side as:

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 06 2018, 20:52 PM 

Player

Is it possible to request DM events?

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 06 2018, 21:01 PM 

Tester

Yep.

Edit:

It's usually better to think and request in broad ideas. Just like player to player stuff, completely pre-scripted interactions don't give much room for roleplay. But yes, you can request to explore certain areas, (have a chance to)find certain items, speak to certain PCs, ask for help with running events, things that advance your PC's story, and so on. Just keep in mind they're still requests at the end of the day, and your idea might have to change a little bit depending on what DMs are prepared to have happen in game. /long-answer

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 08 2018, 18:09 PM 

Player

For the Terrifying Rage calculation the first component is Base Intimidation (no gear). Does that mean your Charisma score is no longer factored whether positive or negative? In other words it just considers Skill Ranks?

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 08 2018, 18:21 PM 

Player

That is what it -should- be like. Cha score counts basically the same as gear, except that it's not limited to the 50 cap.

Also, would be a crazy (and funny) build: Cha/Con barb, DC 55+, lol

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 08 2018, 20:00 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
That is what it -should- be like. Cha score counts basically the same as gear, except that it's not limited to the 50 cap.

Also, would be a crazy (and funny) build: Cha/Con barb, DC 55+, lol

Azog, the fabulous half-orc barbarian.

Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 09 2018, 0:29 AM 

Player

I sorta ended up in a lore discussion with another player on the server when my Elf proclaimed the Retreat has been lifted considering the events in the first book in the Last Mythal trilogy.

Is it lifted on Amia? Since an army was sent to assist the continental elves? A Elven Cruade against the Fey'ri attacks?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Lutra

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 09 2018, 19:12 PM 

Player

The elven crusade never happened on Amia timeline as we stopped at 1373 but the reverse of the Retreat is sort of happening, yes.

Concerning the LAst Mythal series the following things happened on our timeline:
~ Attack on Tower Reiloch
~ Sarya and her Fey'ri people are still at large and nobody is sure where exactly.
~ Evereska wasn't attacked by them though.
~ The elves realized that the Retreat probably wasn't a good idea. The Last Mythal story also indicates that quite a few among the elves said that the Retreat was stupid despite the decision of the Elven Court.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 11 2018, 14:14 PM 

Player

How do the colored names work, and are they an Amia thing or an NWN thing?

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 11 2018, 14:23 PM 

Player

NWN thing, in the toolset or when naming familiars/animal companions you can color names by using <c123>NAMEHERE</c> as a preface where 1 is red, 2 is blue & 3 is green in RGB code. To get it to work you have to hold shift, press 0 then type between 0 and 255 to get the value and release shift. What you should end up with is a single character like ÿ (alt+0255, release alt) for 255 or d(alt+0100, release alt)

An example of a colored name is <cÿ >RAWR!</c>. The spaces indicate a blank number and as such this will appear as bright red. If it was <c ÿ > then it would be blue & <c ÿ> for green.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 11 2018, 15:01 PM 

Player

Got it, thanks!

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 20 2018, 15:05 PM 

Player

Has the job sysem been changed? I both remember it that way, and the Job System sidebar link says:
Sidebar wrote:
Every character gets 3 job points on character creation and then 1 per character level. This is not influenced by ECL (Effective Character Level), you simply use the levels you see on your character sheet. The maximum amount of job points you'll ever get is 30. This means that ECL has no effect on the job system at all. You can spend your job points to buy jobs and ranks.

Then, in a recent request, it was stated the max was 33, 3 plus one per ECL...

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 20 2018, 16:57 PM 

DM

It caps at 30 at the moment.

See me DM-side as:

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 20 2018, 17:47 PM 

Tester

robbi320 wrote:
Then, in a recent request, it was stated the max was 33, 3 plus one per ECL...

It caps at 30. The formula is 3 + Character Level so that all PCs reach 30 points at level 28, so that racial adjustment doesn't effect how Job Skills work.

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 20 2018, 17:51 PM 

Player

Alright. I thought it worked like that.

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 20 2018, 22:01 PM 

DM

Well, it was supposed to work like that, and did until I don't know when. I just tried it in-game and it let me take another Rank-1 job, putting me up to 33. I know we talked about raising the cap, but I don't know when it happened. I know I've hit the "Give Me a Rank in Your Job" button before by accident on this level 30 PC and it's told me I don't have enough job points free.

See me DM-side as:

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 20 2018, 22:35 PM 

Tester

That seems weird. I mean, I'm happy if that's happened, but I feel like 36 would have been the sweet spot for an increase(dual mastery, can be master @ Lv 9). But I won't sneeze at an extra Student Job, I guess. Anything helps, given how difficult it is to find a PC with one of the less popular jobs nowadays.

Solvaras

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 25 2018, 0:41 AM 

Player

So after returning from being away a bit, I've noticed my character using one of the robe models of an overcoat loses his arms. Any easy way to fix that other than not using that model?

Suhjet

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 25 2018, 3:08 AM 

Player

Solvaras wrote:
So after returning from being away a bit, I've noticed my character using one of the robe models of an overcoat loses his arms. Any easy way to fix that other than not using that model?

Probably update your GPU drivers.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

NeoInsanity

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 01 2018, 8:37 AM 

Player

hey I was skimming through the forums and happened upon this.

Original Thread Here

Will there actually be an increase for job points in the near future? Because that would be a total +1 for the server.

Griknaz
Oi! We'z iz da best!

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 01 2018, 13:51 PM 

Player

There's been an increase to 33. No idea if it's eveer planned to go any higher, I kind of doubt it though, with the "recent" raise already.

Now, a question of my own: I see that there's stuff using the "Evil Blight" spell. (Even an item with a one time use of it) So, would it possible to get that added on a caster on a spell widget or somethng? (or even as an addition to his spell book, if that's possible)

Secondly, I saw some other pretty cool spells that apparently already work here. I was curious if some of these would be possible to request, in particular Tide of Battle, perhaps on a 1/day item? and the cursed Aura of Glory.
Would they be ok, on an item, or Aura on a spell widget or added to the spell book, on request?

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 01 2018, 17:14 PM 

Tester

robbi320 wrote:
There's been an increase to 33. No idea if it's eveer planned to go any higher, I kind of doubt it though, with the "recent" raise already.

It seems ECL races are still capped at 30 points, though. Would be nice to see that get remedied.

Quote:
Now, a question of my own: I see that there's stuff using the "Evil Blight" spell. (Even an item with a one time use of it) So, would it possible to get that added on a caster on a spell widget or somethng?

All non-class spells you see should possible on a Spell Widget. Balance stuff will still apply in whether it gets approved, however. Like the Greater Stat spells are not likely. Evil Blight should be fine, as you said, it's on at least one item and is essentially just an AoE Curse. Tide of Battle used to be around on a very old single use item. How we interpret divine damage in the meta has changed a bit since then. The spell is saveless, SRless, and we no longer allow divine resistance or immunity to divine, so that's worth noting. But it's also very random in it's damage and hurts the caster. Can't speak for what the DMs will say, but I'd think with a very good reason, it might be okay at 1xday, though it might be an easier sell as a Spell Widget which requires some RP rationale than an item, which many people could theoretically request and use.

We should be able to add them to spellbooks vs editing spells.2da. But I think that would add them to a whole class's spellbook, if not everyone's. If you wanted to individually request it for a PC, it would have to be a custom spell. Which the script would already exist for, but you'd still have to have a dev go in an set it up like they would a regular custom spell. With Mav and msheeler on somewhat of a hiatus now I'm not sure how likely that is to get done. I'd suggest going for a Spell Widget.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 01 2018, 17:58 PM 

Player

Does a spell widget respect my CL?

I thought there was an easy way to add them to the spell list,or something... Wasn't that what happened with a few Rangers, and Barkskin?

Elyon

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 01 2018, 18:14 PM 

Player

For spell widgets, the DM sets the caster level, say 30. If it's higher than the cap for the spell it will get bumped down to the cap. For evil blight, it's 15. It works under the 'special abilities', so you can tell what the cap caster level for a spell is by creating an NPC in the toolset and choosing the abilities caster level and uses per day.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 01 2018, 18:22 PM 

Tester

The can set the CL of a spell widget at the time of creation, yes.

Quote:
I thought there was an easy way to add them to the spell list,or something... Wasn't that what happened with a few Rangers, and Barkskin?

Once the custom spell is made, you can get it onto other PCs pretty easily, but it still has to be made at least once. Like for the Barkskin/Ranger example, the devs still had to script a custom spell that mimicked Barkskin. That's what gets added to your spellbook, not the actual spell. See: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=80980&p=1333798#p1333798

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2018, 6:00 AM 

Player

I know one Duder used to have something like this, though the player sadly isn't really around anymore. :(

Is it still possible to request a Bard level 8, or Pally level 5 spell slot, for example? Main uses would be extended spells, like Mass Haste or Holy Sword.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2018, 14:18 PM 

Player

I mean you can try and we'll discuss it, though back when it was discussed for one of my own requests, the answer was pretty much no by the other person who did balancing at the time so...!

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Lutra

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2018, 14:56 PM 

Player

Well..the mythal system allows you a bard lvl 7 slot if I remember correctly.

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2018, 14:57 PM 

Player

I meant Bard 7... For some reason, I always remember Bards to have 7 Spell levels...

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14 2018, 15:16 PM 

Player

Also, I checked, a perfect mythal only gives Bard spell slots 3, 4 and 5.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Mon, May 14 2018, 20:36 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
Given they gain the Half-Dragon template at ten, I'm hard-pressed to think you could go lower than that, from an RP standpoint, especially if you had 18 to start with. I don't personally know of any instances where someone has had their DD levels altered because of consequences like you indicated in the link, so I'm not sure exactly how the Team is enforcing such RP, but I personally see issues in lowering past levels where you started to physically change, too, ie. wings.

But I'll let a DM field this one. The above is my personal opinion as a dragon-obsessed player!

Edit: Ope, that particular link doesn't talk about what I thought it did. The enforcing bit must have been somewhere else, and I can't check right now. But yeah. Totally agree with the ruling about not going back past ten levels. It's an all-in thing.

Despite quoting the manual, I was told on Amia, they do not assume the halfdragon template.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, May 16 2018, 11:22 AM 

DM

Taking on the template isn't the same as becoming an actual half-dragon. The latter is what doesn't happen on Amia, given you can't magically change who your parents are.

That's probably what whoever-said-that meant. "Taking the template" is just fancy wording for "you get a lot of stat changes" anyway. Which is what I was talking about in that post. The numerous stat changes are added at the base level, changing the whole of the character. Rather than temporary stuff like a spell or gear. That's why my personal opinion stands regarding the topic that was at hand.

See me DM-side as:

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Fri, May 18 2018, 13:08 PM 

Player

Oh, and I agree with that. In fact. You shouldn't be able to "undragon" at all. RDD is an rp intensive phenotype. I think you could request more, not less.

Now that I think about it, I had some sort of powergamey concept in mind when I asked.. which was something to the tune of "If someone were to take 20 or so levels of RDD, could they mechanically get a rebuild from 1 as a halfdragon with melee class restrictions." Which I was insane at the time (possibly drunk) for asking.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Dergaii

PostPosted: Mon, May 21 2018, 21:30 PM 

Player

I remember once reading that all armor + dex caps at 9 bonus to AC.
So a full plate is the regular 8 base AC + 1 dex, but leather armor would be 2 base AC + 7 dex instead of the vanilla 2 base AC + 6 dex.

Is this implemented and still active? And is cloth 'armor' also/still exempted from this cap of 9?
Referenced topic

I didn't seem to find this at the modifications topics, hence the reason why I'm not certain it's still there. Would be nice to add the info in the classes and feats modifications under miscellaneous.

Suhjet

PostPosted: Tue, May 22 2018, 1:29 AM 

Player

Dergaii wrote:
I remember once reading that all armor + dex caps at 9 bonus to AC.
So a full plate is the regular 8 base AC + 1 dex, but leather armor would be 2 base AC + 7 dex instead of the vanilla 2 base AC + 6 dex.

Is this implemented and still active? And is cloth 'armor' also/still exempted from this cap of 9?
Referenced topic

I didn't seem to find this at the modifications topics, hence the reason why I'm not certain it's still there. Would be nice to add the info in the classes and feats modifications under miscellaneous.

The 9 AC cap for light/medium/heavy armors should still be active. Cloth has never been capped for DEX.

Can't find the original post, but there's some information (and salt) in this thread.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, May 22 2018, 2:01 AM 

Player

Yeah, it works!

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 25 2018, 18:38 PM 

Player

Are AA arrows still only available from players? Is there a special shop in Winya for them these days? Haven’t seen an AA in months but thinking of making one.

Revak

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 25 2018, 18:59 PM 

Player

Think it's still only players, but a DM can correct me if not. Saying that, it may be worth adding single arrows to the tier loot bins (and introduce/add epic arrows to bosses) to encourage more AAs, or doing them from some shops varying in tier?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 30 2018, 11:33 AM 

Player

Most are player only, yes.

I wouldn’t mind putting some in a shop. Alternatively if they have somehow gone absent you can also nudge me and I’ll bring out my old AA and spread them once more.

Epic loot may be a poor idea for ammo imho as they can be just multiplied so it will likely soon become a very useless epic loot once it was found 2-3 times

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next