View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 12:20 PM 

Player

People go where the RP is, and that is Bendir Dale. Elwyn's become involved in more personal quests and DM events standing there than has she's ever stumbled upon randomly adventuring or soloing bosses for the 1000th time. It's also more realistic to believe that with everything our PCs have been through that they might prefer shooting the shit once in a while instead of saving the world for the 1,000,000th time.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 12:35 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
People go where the RP is, and that is Bendir Dale. Elwyn's become involved in more personal quests and DM events standing there than has she's ever stumbled upon randomly adventuring or soloing bosses for the 1000th time. It's also more realistic to believe that with everything our PCs have been through that they might prefer shooting the shit once in a while instead of saving the world for the 1,000,000th time.

Well! Syl is butthurt cause she need to stand around the little shits! :lol:

I get what you mean. It is just sad Amia is not as vibrant and active it used to be where you could met people on the road or just run into an event anywhere.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 17:00 PM 

Player

Lost_Izalith wrote:
Also, as an aside, when are we going to quit bashing Bendir as "the place where people stand and do nothing?" Because it isn't. It's the place people stand because it's active. Standing around and chatting, believe it or not, is still RP. Not all RP has to be world-shifting or event-driven. Sometimes it's just socializing and talking about what's been going on. Developing a personal story for the character and developing his or her relationships. It's not a negative thing, nor has it ever been. Bendir isn't sucking the life out of the server, it's all the life the server has left in it. Don't just complain it's there. Make an effort to join and start something, and don't get butthurt if no one wants to.

And that. I like Social RP almost more than all this saving the world stuff. I even like more Mundane stuff more than "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING... AGAIN!"-Stuff.
I think that all this antagonism between characters is so awesome. The whole thing with Peraga and Wilfire for example. Shit is cash.
Ember is suddenly Peragas sister. Fucking grand!
Budly is beeing an annoying cunt and Peraga has to intervene before someone kills him (Probably rightfully so). Awesome!
Rosary throws acid at innocent bystanders! Yaaaay!

And most of all: BRAIN PROBLEMS! WHOOP WHOOP!

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 17:38 PM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
Lost_Izalith wrote:
Also, as an aside, when are we going to quit bashing Bendir as "the place where people stand and do nothing?" Because it isn't. It's the place people stand because it's active. Standing around and chatting, believe it or not, is still RP. Not all RP has to be world-shifting or event-driven. Sometimes it's just socializing and talking about what's been going on. Developing a personal story for the character and developing his or her relationships. It's not a negative thing, nor has it ever been. Bendir isn't sucking the life out of the server, it's all the life the server has left in it. Don't just complain it's there. Make an effort to join and start something, and don't get butthurt if no one wants to.

And that. I like Social RP almost more than all this saving the world stuff. I even like more Mundane stuff more than "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING... AGAIN!"-Stuff.
I think that all this antagonism between characters is so awesome. The whole thing with Peraga and Wilfire for example. Shit is cash.
Budly is beeing an annoying The poster of this message wanted to use a vulgar word. We apologize on their behalf. and Peraga has to intervene before someone kills him (Probably rightfully so). Awesome!

When you put it that way...yes it is very charming and rustic . It is real in a way and it keeps us occupied while we wait for other things or plot on other characters. Budly I think has evolved a lot as a character since I returned in 2016 because of the people around him.

Dunecat

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 18:20 PM 

Player

Off-topic

freaxxshow1338 wrote:

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 18:29 PM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
Lost_Izalith wrote:

Budly is beeing an annoying The poster of this message wanted to use a vulgar word. We apologize on their behalf. and Peraga has to intervene before someone kills him (Probably rightfully so). Awesome!

And Elwyn just stands there like Bitch is cray cray.

Mavrixio

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 22:41 PM 

Player

Lutra wrote:
Dark Immolation wrote:

Has any headway been made on gateway thing?

Only that it is far more complicated than we imagined!

It is a NWNX plugin that makes the 1.69 server able to speak to the NWN:EE client. It is available on Linux: http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528 and shouldn't be too hard to port to Windows, I can help if interested.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 19 2018, 23:46 PM 

Player

Mavrixio wrote:
Lutra wrote:
Dark Immolation wrote:

It is a NWNX plugin that makes the 1.69 server able to speak to the NWN:EE client. It is available on Linux: http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528 and shouldn't be too hard to port to Windows, I can help if interested.

That is cool dude. :) I think this is really good news!

RaveN

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 13:42 PM 

Administrative Developer

Mavrixio wrote:
Lutra wrote:
Dark Immolation wrote:

I'm sure you'd be making alot of people happy if you built a win x64 dll that was compatible with the 1.69 nwserver nwnx2?

Mavrixio

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 16:53 PM 

Player

RaveN wrote:
I'm sure you'd be making alot of people happy if you built a win x64 dll that was compatible with the 1.69 nwserver nwnx2?

That's the idea but I don't know any other server that would use it so I would like a confirmation that it will be used and someone will be able to integrate it... before spending hours to do the port. The easiest way to contact me is on discord, I am on the Sinfar one: https://discord.gg/hEn6y9W or the official NWN one.

RaveN

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 20 2018, 16:58 PM 

Administrative Developer

Mavrixio wrote:
RaveN wrote:

That's the idea but I don't know any other server that would use it so I would like a confirmation that it will be used and someone will be able to integrate it... before spending hours to do the port. The easiest way to contact me is on discord, I am on the Sinfar one: https://discord.gg/hEn6y9W or the official NWN one.

After I'm home from work today, I will join the discord. If you convert this code so it can be used, I personally assure you that I will work with you to help Amia integrate this solution and debug any issues that may arise.

Can fork it here too: https://github.com/ravenmyst

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 0:56 AM 

Player

I fucking love you both. Especially RaveN *WINK WONK*

But no, really, you guys are awesome for looking at this.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Revak

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 17:21 PM 

Player

You're doing the Lord's work, RaveN and Mavrixio.

But seriously, thank you!

Duskryn

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 20:46 PM 

Player

Is Amia swapping over to EE? If so, what is going to be done with the haks?

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 21:39 PM 

Tester

In a nutshell, swapping over would take literal days of dev time and effort that we do not have at this point, and would still be much of a gamble, judging from the current EE numbers. What we are currently investigating is a "gateway" server that would allow people with EE to log onto Amia through the new Beamdog client. Nothing is happening to our HAKs.

Duskryn

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2018, 21:45 PM 

Player

cool stuff

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Imperial Knight

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2018, 16:48 PM 

Player

Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Love me some Amia, but a lot of old school Nwn's buddies are trying to restart up a Wheel of Time server based on the book's by Robert Jordan on EE. I stopped playing there because the servers either died out or became Ghost Town's. I have really high hopes for this new one, especially since the book's are going to be turned into a TV Series and i think that alone will bolster numbers through the roof. My time on Amia my be near an end. :(

Imperial Knight of Ireland
E'Milliah Emberwatch

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2018, 17:08 PM 

Player

http://steamcharts.com/app/704450

It is not that bad going to be honest. It seems it rises still.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Sun, May 20 2018, 19:09 PM 

Player

RaveN wrote:
Mavrixio wrote:
RaveN wrote:

After I'm home from work today, I will join the discord. If you convert this code so it can be used, I personally assure you that I will work with you to help Amia integrate this solution and debug any issues that may arise.

Can fork it here too: https://github.com/ravenmyst

Was there any thoughts or progression on this? I've heard of Arelith having an upwards of 200 players on it at times. I'd love to see some potential new players. If there is anything I could do also, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Duskryn

PostPosted: Sun, May 20 2018, 20:42 PM 

Player

I hope so it would be great

chefwudan

PostPosted: Sun, May 20 2018, 23:25 PM 

Player

If I can do anything to facilitate the move or whatever to get the people here, let me know. I am at your disposal. I've messed around with the toolset making areas before, but have zero coding skills. I even have a replica of the Old Bendir dale, including every tree, rock and hill.

Mavrixio

PostPosted: Tue, May 29 2018, 14:53 PM 

Player

There will be an EE update soon, so I am waiting to update the plugin to that new protocol or the current one will only be usable for a few weeks.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Tue, May 29 2018, 16:27 PM 

Player

Mavrixio wrote:
There will be an EE update soon, so I am waiting to update the plugin to that new protocol or the current one will only be usable for a few weeks.

Thank you so much man.

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, May 29 2018, 18:44 PM 

Player

Mavrixio wrote:

<3

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, May 29 2018, 21:55 PM 

Player

Mavrixio wrote:

I miss you Mav!

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14 2018, 7:58 AM 

Player

Just prodding the thread here, how's the update looking? :)

RaveN

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 25 2018, 17:18 PM 

Administrative Developer

Considering that Sinfar isn't even on the latest EE build, probably not looking likely soon. I think Beamdog even released another version of NWN too.

Every time they (Beamdog) update the build, any existing work that goes with making the two versions (1.69 and 1.8x) communicate, goes to hell, FYI and is a blank slate of a mountain of tedious work to get it working as it was. (i.e. enigma machine)

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 26 2018, 1:52 AM 

Player

Raven, would it be possible to coordinate with the Beamdog team to assist in transferring Amia over to NwN EE?

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Lutra

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 27 2018, 14:11 PM 

Player

Our plan is to establish a gateway to EE with the kind help of Mavrixio which makes it compatible with 1.69. We are not planning on moving to EE for reasons that we explained earlier.

I personally do not think that it would be in Beamdog's best interest to give us aid in any form seeing that it would require them to put halt on their update and expansion releases. Seeing that the game they released was practically incomplete their way of business is to earn more by further developing it and make the owners of the game buy the newer expansions. That's a standard business policy for the market and quite effective so we cannot really blame them for having that policy.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 29 2018, 11:54 AM 

Player

If this plugin doesn't work has consideration been given to just saying "hell with the scripts" and trying to just see if amia will work on EE without even worrying about the content and trying to fix it as the ability and staff and talent join the server and as you guys identify where problems communicating with nwn and the server occur?

I know it seems crazy but it was just a wild thought.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Revak

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 29 2018, 17:57 PM 

Player

Honestly it'd be nice to at least test the idea.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 30 2018, 7:30 AM 

Player

It's on the tables honestly. Right now we're still eager to explore the porting avenue solely because of what Amia is, that obviously having to manually remake a lot of it is not only cumbersome but an actual big risk of not paying off. But it isn't something discarded.

Our player count has been recovering lately so we know there's growing demand for it. This is something actively discussed DM and Dev side and things we're putting stuff in place for.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 01 2018, 12:51 PM 

Player

Yeah if the Dev side grows as it does now then it is not impossible.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 01 2018, 17:15 PM 

Player

It may genuinely be worth considering ways to re-implement if need be. I know EFU currently lacks its custom spells because of EE as well as a couple other features.

What functionality do you think might be lost with the change? Or is it a lot of script mumbo jumbo that would go over my head?

Has there been any use of a test module for EE yet to see what issues with stability are involved?

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 01 2018, 17:30 PM 

Player

Well the hak based stuff like our custom classes/feats/spells are not in danger in general.

What would be in danger are the following:
- dynamic areas
- transitions
- spawns
- DCs
- Personnel things: CDkeys/permits/bans etc etc etc (we would have to redo those things due to the new system anyway)
- our DMtools that are linked to the database (those are critical ones)
- Everything in the databse such as: Housing, donation funds, donation
- scripts that are linked to the database.

...so a lot

And of course..we would have to test it on a test module at the beginning

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 01 2018, 18:34 PM 

Player

Is putting up a test mod an option, something striped down, core areas and stuff without the extras... might help generate interest from those who can help?

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 01 2018, 21:18 PM 

Player

well...we would have to rebuild every plugin on a Linux system. Although I've been checking the NWN:EE serverlist and there are a few windows based servers too, so...I am now confused and I lost track with the updates on that front!

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2018, 10:46 AM 

Player

It's been a few weeks, but checked on the NWN:EE Listings and seeing more Windows (x86) instances on https://nwn.beamdog.net/. Is that a good sign or?

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2018, 12:23 PM 

Player

Has anyone actually tried uploading Amia to NwN:EE? Maybe they did a thing.

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2018, 13:04 PM 

Player

*literally holds breath*

walnutboy

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2018, 14:15 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Has anyone actually tried uploading Amia to NwN:EE? Maybe they did a thing.

Even then there is a host of issues. Been play testing a server that converted over and pretty much every script from loot drops to doors has an issue which needs ironing out.

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2018, 14:20 PM 

Player

Just have Amia be one big area. No need for doors when everything's in one area.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 21 2018, 16:37 PM 

Player

lol nice.

Yeah I think the concensus among the three scripters there is that it's easier perhaps to start some things from scratch. The big issue I think are easy to spot but quite often it's the little things like lines in code now redundant but still doing something. Let's no mention small changes in some of the base tilesets, little thinks like a wall option changing or something which now displaces all area placealbes!

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 22 2018, 16:03 PM 

Player

I am looking at this a bit harder starting now.

Reaching out to see if there is anything that can be done at the moment.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2018, 13:33 PM 

Player

Ok, providing a bit of an update here.

Firstly, we are doing testing on this and there are going to be some server disruptions in the process. We will try to keep it localized to B when we can. Will try to also announce on discord when such testing is going to be taking place.

We are in the process of testing a new plugin that will allow NwNEE users to direct connect to our servers. We are testing and working on EE version 8166 right now with an end goal of providing support for 8179 (current EE version).

The downside is, we most likely will not be able to support beyond 8179 for the time being. So, when EE moves beyond 8179, EE users will need to use the 8179 launcher to connect to Amia (not really that big a deal).

Once we get the plugin for 8166 stabilized, I'd like to get some EE owners who actively play on Amia to help us by playing with EE so that we can get some longer term stability testing done.

That's all for now, I'll provide more updates as I get them!

SoulInheritance

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2018, 13:46 PM 

Player

You may want to save NwN:EE's 8179 executable as Steam uses the launcher to determine what version of the game you're using and will eventually automatically update it. That's at least what I've learned from other Steam games.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2018, 13:53 PM 

Player

Yeah, we will save a copy and host it here with instructions on how to utilize it.

I think we will end upstanding up a full EE server that is just a room with A) a portal to our servers while 8179 is active. And B) instructions on how to connect once 8179 passes)

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2018, 14:30 PM 

Player

Hrothmus wrote:
Once we get the plugin for 8166 stabilized, I'd like to get some EE owners who actively play on Amia to help us by playing with EE so that we can get some longer term stability testing done.

I can help with the testing when this is done! :D I have the EE version

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Ðraco

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2018, 14:52 PM 

Player

I can help as well, also have a version of EE.

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2018, 15:51 PM 

Player

Also on EE, feel free to prod when needed! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next