View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 24 2018, 3:06 AM 

Player

hey guys, just rolled a sun elf.
on the forums it says +2 int - 2 con.

what I got was +2 int -2 dex.

thanks!

Kiyona

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 24 2018, 6:49 AM 

Player

You probably got comfused over how the subrace work as this isn't specified on the subrace page.
How it works is when you select a subrace and activities it you first get any modifications stripped of of your character before the new one aply.

Example sun elf: +2 int -2 con
Regular elf: +2 dex -2 con

What happens is that the system first remove the modifications from regular elf before adding the sun elf one. So on the character sheet it's will look like you loos 2 dex and gain 2 int.

Always think human and add the mods of the subrace to that instead of what base race you have.

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08 2018, 16:57 PM 

Player

Pinkhaml86 wrote:
hey guys, just rolled a sun elf.
on the forums it says +2 int - 2 con.

what I got was +2 int -2 dex.

thanks!

Hi, thanks for the report!

Kiyona is correct.

On the subraces page as located via the sidebar, the following text in the first paragraph indicate as much:

"The stats presented in the table below override the standard racial modifiers (for example, you will not receive both Dwarf and Duergar bonuses). The system first removes your NWN base race bonuses, then adds Amia subrace bonuses.
In other words, the character will be reduced to a human stat-wise. All bonuses you saw in creation screen are nulled, and the final bonuses are the ones you can read from the table below."

That said, for the sun elf, you should see the -2 dex taken to return you to human stat wise, and then the +2 int and -2 con adjusted after subrace activation. I noticed you stated that you received the +2 int and -2 dex, which is correct, but did you also receive the -2 con?

Dev Notes
  • I did some quick research/asking to confirm the way the stats adjustments work.
  • I determined things are working as intended (assuming that the -2 con adjustment was also made)
  • I will archive this after 7 days unless further information / discussion comes to light.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Hrothmus

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 18 2018, 0:31 AM 

Player

7 days have passed with no further updates. Archiving.

Fel'Brin - I am one with the shadows

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]